It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Or you could just listen to what he said. He never gets paid by the Bernie supporters.

LOL

Have you ever had your car towed and got it back without paying?

This tow truck guy pled guilty to insurance fraud! That's why he didn't get paid! It had nothing to do with Bernie Sanders. But, I can see why he likes Trump. Trump has swindled thousands of people out of money, and worse!

edit on 8-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think you need to learn to read. There was a post or two explaining my stance on this topic. Playing devils advocate for the truck driver.

I don't have any opinion about Bernie. In fact, I didn't state any of my own opinions on this topic.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You're crying because someone decided not to tow another's car. Wow. You're heart is bleeding.

What world do you all live in? Some utopia that we are unaware of where everyone is perfect? Get freakin real
edit on 8-5-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

You're crying because someone decided not to tow another's car.

That's the theme of this thread and the issue being discussed, someone decided not to do their job, because....religion???

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Macs were not used exclusively in the film industry...I'm not sure why you think that.

My first ex was an editor and she had a windows desktop at work and this would have been in the early 2000's in so cal. I believe they all had windows 2000 desktops.

It varies from company to company and what people prefer.

Even renderman, owned by Pixar, runs on Linux server farms with a front end that works on either mac or windows.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I know my experience.

You know yours.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Touche.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

and you're crying on another thread about some kid not liking a trump sticker on a computer and posting stupid things on facebook, or whatever. nice long anti-lib commentary.

maybe we shouldn't expect our kids to act more adult than the adults are?? maybe the kid's mother got left stranded on the side of the road by another one of those oh so compassionate conservatives or harmed by some other denial of service bull crap.

eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, blood must have blood. let
the wars begin??

maybe the adults need to start looking at what kind of example they are giving to the kids today. Sticks and stones might break my bones but bumper stickers are gonna kill me!!

and in the end of it all...
it's not gonna matter one danged bit who gets in the white house, because whoever it is will just find themselves puppets to the real powers that be!
but oh ya, let's be cruel to our fellow citizens over it..

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: mOjOm

You're crying because someone decided not to tow another's car. Wow. You're heart is bleeding.

What world do you all live in? Some utopia that we are unaware of where everyone is perfect? Get freakin real

Never ceases to amaze me when people use polarized language to try and undermine an argument against a circumstance by referring to a poster's sentiments as "crying".

Are you not now "crying" about crying people who aren't even literally crying?

Your heart must bleed.

Stay on topic man, geeze.

The guy said he heard a voice that told him not to perform his legal duties.

A voice...

I'm not nearly as upset that he's using his religion as an excuse to not do his job, but that he's getting away without a psychiatric evaluation when he admits that he is "hearing voices".

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and you're crying on another thread about some kid not liking a trump sticker on a computer and posting stupid things on facebook, or whatever. nice long anti-lib commentary.

I think you got me confused for someone else. Please do feel free to post a quote, better yet, a link to the posts you seem to be referring to.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

What legal duties? How come you guys haven't figured out by now he wasn't legally required to do anything?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

You can make all the childish remarks about me that you want. It doesn't matter to me and I don't care. I'm as anonymous as everyone else around here so you can't exactly hurt my ego. Besides that, you're insulting me for the fact that I actually give a damn about someone being treated unfairly by some douche over political opinions. I'm not ashamed of that one bit.

I live in the same world you do and it's the same one where we should all be sticking up for what right and treating each other with at least a basic level of respect. It doesn't have to be a utopia for people to simply do their jobs without letting their personal hang-ups get in the way. That's what bad children do. Which is what this guy is and in turn what you are also starting to sound like. If you can't tell the difference between acting like an adult, doing your job, upholding your duty, respecting another person, or separating your business from your personal life then you're still just a child who hasn't grown up enough yet. It's that simple.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What legal duties? How come you guys haven't figured out by now he wasn't legally required to do anything?

(7) The wrecker service shall be available to the Patrol for rotation service on a 24-hour per day basis
and accept collect calls (if applicable) from the Patrol. Calls for service shall not go unanswered
for any reason, unless the wrecker company has notified the Patrol it cannot respond as set forth in
Subparagraph (a)(16) of this Rule.
(8) The wrecker service shall respond, under normal conditions, in a timely manner. Failure to
respond in a timely manner shall result in a second rotation wrecker being requested. If the second
wrecker is requested before the arrival of the first rotation wrecker, the initial requested wrecker
shall forfeit the call and shall leave the collision/incident scene.

There are very strict legal requirements for the wrecking company to "do things".

Unfortunately most of the penalties fall on the company itself.

So he will certainly lose his job provided this is, in fact, North Carolina.

There is a difference between a legal obligation/duty and a legal requirement.

In this case, he is legally obligated to do what the Patrol tells him to; he didn't.
edit on 9-5-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So he will certainly lose his job provided this is, in fact, North Carolina.

There is a difference between a legal obligation/duty and a legal requirement.

I think he said he owns the truck.

He's an independent. I think.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

From the article I would assume he is an established wrecker. If you are on a freeway and the first responders get there, they use their own guys and usually do not allow you to go private. Maybe different in NC so I could be wrong.
edit on 9-5-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

oh wow!! you're right, it was another "weare..." my apologies..

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

From the article I would assume he is an established wrecker. If you are on a freeway and the first responders get there, they use their own guys and usually do not allow you to go private. Maybe different in NC so I could be wrong.

He was apparently sent by the woman's regular mechanic because original guy was out of town. Mechanic agreed to pay for tow.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

the lady in the accident either called her mother, who then called her mechanic, or she called her mechanic. the mechanic, knowing that he wouldn't be able to get to her for awhile and worried because he knew that she was disabled, asked the tow truck driver to do it, which he agreed to do. the mechanic also states that
the reason he was worried about her having to wait so long was because of a disability
and that it had been arranged that he would pay him when he brought the car to his garage and the mother would reimburse him.
thus no worry that the guy wouldn't get paid, and he was aware that she was disabled.

I don't know weather what he did was legal or not, it was certainly unprofessional. and, just looking at his facebook page I got a feeling his business might lose some business because of his actions. the fact that he had her car partially hooked up to the tow truck, kind of tells me that he accepted the job before he decided to not tow it. otherwise, why in the world was he hooking it up to tow?

the question of all questions is....
do we really want our commerce thrown into chaos as business owners opt not to serve groups of people based on various factors. and, if are gonna be hassled like that, then why on earth should the christians (who are the only ones that I know of who are insisting they have the right to refuse their services like this) be protected from such hassles themselves?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

the question of all questions is....
do we really want our commerce thrown into chaos as business owners opt not to serve groups of people based on various factors. and, if are gonna be hassled like that, then why on earth should the christians (who are the only ones that I know of who are insisting they have the right to refuse their services like this) be protected from such hassles themselves?

If anythings ever made a case for that, this has.

I understand under some of these religious laws a business can refuse to serve a single mother if they feel its against their religion.

That's bogus. You have a business, you should not be able to opt out because of how you personally feel.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

lol...
southerners, northerners, bikers, countryfolk, cityfolk, republicans, democrats, men, women, children, people who talk funny, people who walk funny, bald people, hairy people, religious, non-religious, black, white, pink with purple poka dots, let's see just how crazy we can convince the world we are!!

we can all just ignore the historical fact that even in the roman catholic most pious times, they had no problem opening up trade routes with some of the most barbarous cultures in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join