It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
The way a lot of people see it, Bernie Sanders becoming president means a huge tax increase, and further loss of their paycheck. Why should this truck driver help someone that is not helping him?

Well to start with because it's his job. But more directly I suppose he could do it because everything doesn't have to be about helping himself all the time. Why does do anyone do anything that doesn't directly help themselves?? Do you really have no answer for that question??? Does every action you take have to benefit you before you do it???

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Forget about morals, and it being "the right thing to do", and think of this world as a "dog eat dog" world.... because that is what it is.

Don't cast your pearls before swine... do you know why?
edit on 8-5-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Like.....highways?
Schools?

Imagine people who own a home, and have to pay property taxes that go to support the local school district.....

or, county residents who pay taxes to make sure the streets and roads and highways are maintained.

What about them?

If you are talking about childless dedicated pedestrians, then yes - they are being taxed even without reaping any rewards.
If, on the other hand, they have kids in school, and use the interstate corridor on a daily basis - then you probably don't have any issue with contributing to the upkeep of those schools and roads.

???????????

Whatever. I'm out.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Forget about morals, and it being "the right thing to do", and think of this world as a "dog eat dog" world.... because that is what it is.

You mean like the animal kingdom of the strongest survive?

One would hope man would evolve a bit more.

Hopefully, he is on that path, even though its a bumpy path of - - - 3 steps forward, 2 steps back.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Humans will never evolve past that, as they kill for land and resources. They lie people out of their money, and create propaganda to trick them into buying their products. It will never change.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Humans will never evolve past that, as they kill for land and resources. They lie people out of their money, and create propaganda to trick them into buying their products. It will never change.

Buyer beware?

People tricked out of money, lack personal responsibility and education to know how not to be.

"Pass the Trash"?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I bet you own an iPhone.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You've certainly forgotten about yours if you ever had any. If what you see is a dog eat dog world it's because you've chosen to be a dog. I don't consider myself dog. You're making that world all on your own so you can thank yourself for it.

Doing my job which I've chosen all on my own to do is hardly casting pearls before swine.

You have a horrid perspective on things. I know why you answer the way you do now though. What a sh*tty existence that must be.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sorry, somewhere you must have confused my words, and what I have been saying, as my perspective. I am talking on behalf of the tow truck driver, and how he may see the world as "dog eat dog".

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Perhaps not all of them but some surely will. You can bet those who choose to join the side of liars and thieves and dogs never will however. They've already chosen not to change.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Sorry, somewhere you must have confused my words, and what I have been saying, as my perspective. I am talking on behalf of the tow truck driver, and how he may see the world as "dog eat dog".

Let him speak for himself. You can only speak for yourself. So are you saying that what you just said isn't your perspective??

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just to clarify; Based on the actions of the tow truck driver, I have concluded several different possible mindsets that would cause a man to act in such a way, and I have put myself into his shoes with those possible mindsets. I am talking as if I was that man, who I am giving the benefit of the doubt that his intentions are ultimately good either for himself or his family, which is all that matters to some.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I bet you own an iPhone.

Absolutely, so what. Best phone I've ever had.

My kid works in Hollywood production. They only use MAC/APPLE products. Because they focused on media/film needs, not gaming like PCs.

When I was in AZ, I had the phone the tower supported.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Do understand why I was able to guess with 100% accuracy what phone you own?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Just to clarify; Based on the actions of the tow truck driver, I have concluded several different possible mindsets that would cause a man to act in such a way, and I have put myself into his shoes with those possible mindsets. I am talking as if I was that man, who I am giving the benefit of the doubt that his intentions are ultimately good either for himself or his family, which is all that matters to some.

Any acceptance of the tow driver's behavior is BS.

Not even a sliding scale.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Do understand why I was able to guess with 100% accuracy what phone you own?

Did I not just say in AZ I had the phone that went with the tower? Not iPhone.

The film industry uses MAC because it was designed for film.

Am I missing some kind of logic?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Don't accept it... but at least understand it further than your basic, "oh he is just an asshole" conclusion.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Don't accept it... but at least understand it further than your basic, "oh he is just an asshole" conclusion.

He's a tow truck driver.

Car needed to be towed.

Pretty damn simple.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You really believe Macintosh's were designed for film?

Apple just conned you out of your money.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You really believe Macintosh's were designed for film?

Apple just conned you out of your money.

Do you work in the film industry?

PCs are gamers.

MACs are media.

My ex is a tech, my kid has been in the media industry for 20 years,

What they began as is not relevant.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join