It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: windword

Kinda reminds me of this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's jackasses on both sides, don't kid yourself.

Yes there are jackasses on both sides, but this guy is probably within the law. I don't know where the tow truck driver was, but in many places he would be outside of it.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

I see your connection. It's just a couple jumps that aren't needed over to another topic that's all.

I also don't need a break because I just got here.

Go ahead and branch off into any topic you wish.

Sorry for going off.

It was just weird to have everyone I usually agree with jump on me.

But I still maintain the two topics are related.

Maybe I'll take Anee's advice and Netflix it the rest of the night.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

A private individual discriminating based on political persuasion.

I don't see the difference.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

Not a problem. You have moxie!! Glad to know you're a fighter and we're on the same side.

They're related in that there is a group of Special Snowflakes on the Right who feel that what they personally believe should allow them to do whatever the hell they want, regardless of how rude or ridiculous it may be.

Ironically, when they act on those beliefs they are acting in direct opposition to what their deeply held Religion says they should believe. Silly Fundies got themselves all tied in knots.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Attention!!!!!

Please post to the topic....Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

You are responsible for your own posts.

Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics
and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
here's hoping that someday, his tow truck breaks down along with his radio/cellphone, and every other communication device, on a lonely stretch of highway with the only passing car is the husband of this lady.....
and well, they stop, begin to offer help but then notice the religious bumper sticker on his car and say sorry, but I just can't deal with any jesus freaks tonight, and leaves him stranded!!

what's good for the goose is also good for the gander, if you want to treat people like crap using your religion as a basis for it, then don't be surprised if others decide to treat you like crap because of your religion... do unto others as you would have them do unto you!! you will probably have less problems in life that way.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Some people eh?

Frankly, if you are in the business of offering your services to folks you should honour your obligation to them.

Leaving a woman by the side of the road because of her bumper sticker is just beyond the pale imo.

I don't know if tow trucks need special licencing over there, but I'd be inclined to take his off him.

If you cant trust him to tow someone, what good is he?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

This nation was founded on a set of principals, I applaud him for using his no matter how much we disagree on his method.

And if its his business and his truck...I'm sure he can say go F yerself to whom ever he pleases. Its his right to refuse service to anyone. I doubt she was in any danger when he arrived or when he left.

Just like that lady clerk who wouldn't give gay couples marriage licenses....if we don't have our convictions and stand by our principals no matter how others feel about them. Then we are just as complicit, complacent, and passive in the self destruction that this nation is experiencing.

Like it or not, don't let pride overshoot principal. and don't forget your rights, or you will lose them. Stand for something, or die for nothing. I think Rambo said that.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Driving a tow truck in NC requires a commercial driver's license acquired from the State, is closely regulated by the State (North Carolina Public Safety - Wrecker Inspection), and, being called to the scene of an accident implies that the driver had accepted the 14B NCAC 07A .0116 ROTATION WRECKER SERVICE REGULATIONS

So, in fact, it is a matter both of public accommodation and State regulation in NC (not to mention any variation on Christian ethics) that Tow Truck Companies/Drivers that respond to calls to accidents (by the NC State Patrol) to serve the public.

edit on 5-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BooCrackers

All have sinned and come short of the glory of god, none are righteous no not one.

We will know them by there fruits.

I assume he boasted about what he did at his church I only hope his paster showed him his error, or the entire congregation is lost.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BooCrackers

Then we are just as complicit, complacent, and passive in the self destruction that this nation is experiencing.

Like it or not, don't let pride overshoot principal. and don't forget your rights, or you will lose them. Stand for something, or die for nothing. I think Rambo said that.

Perhaps you'd point out in the Bible where it says "Thou shalt not do business with Democrats."

Thank you kindly.

Also, WHAT, SPECIFICALLY, DOES JESUS SAY ABOUT SICKNESS AND LOVE FOR THE SICK AND INFIRMED?

(Hint: It doesn't go so well for those who didn't help the infirmed (like a disabled lady on the side of the road) on Judgement Day.)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What this man did makes poor business sense.

It makes even less sense in a culture where we're being innudated with the need to attack the other side. Why perpetuate such a destructive mindset?

Last, it makes poor sense because eventually if you treat people like dirt, it's going to come back to you. And even if it doesn't, is this a moment he's going to stand up and be proud of 20 years in the future, or is he going to be ashamed at how he treated his fellow countryman because he was too caught up in political rhetoric to do the right thing?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

This nation was founded on a set of principals, I applaud him for using his no matter how much we disagree on his method.

Principals?? What Principals???

Refusing to do his job???
Leaving a woman stranded???
Going against his faith???
Refusing to help another of his own Countrymen/women???

This nation was not founded on any of those principals. Just the opposite in fact.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not to mention, you know, some of those founding principles as well ...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Then we are just as complicit, complacent, and passive in the self destruction that this nation is experiencing.

Perhaps you'd point out in the Bible where it says "Thou shalt not do business with Democrats."

Thank you kindly.

That's easy, it's when Jesus says "get thou behind me satan for it is written blah blah blah" or maybe it's when he was telling the fundies not to throw stones at the hooker.

edit on 5/5/16 by Strewth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What ever happened to "United we Stand"???

When men start abandoning women stranded on the side of the road because of a sticker on her bumper!!! WTF?!?!?!

The social cohesion of this nation is gone. Divided like I've never seen before in my life.

Just let me know when the civil war starts so I can find a nice spot to sit and watch the great battle of morons fight to the death over bumper stickers and gay cakes.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thank you kindly.

That's easy, it's when Jesus says "get thou behind me satan for it is written blah blah blah" or maybe it's when he was telling the fundies not to throw stones at the hooker.

So, Democrats are Satanic Prostitutes?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I hear you.

Your thoughts put me in mind of this song, for some reason:

Good part starts at 1:46

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Oh, I thought the victim was left torn up and bloody, from the title.

TOW TRUCK driver.....not ambulance drive.

Well, we'll see. Maybe people shouldn't have been forcing people to do stuff?

Maybe, special snowflakes shouldn't be in the public marketplace then?

Maybe.

Maybe the tow guy should be arrested for a hate crime and jailed.

Maybe lose his biz and house.

Maybe VICTIM should have checked her oil when the red light came on 2 days ago.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
jesus would be proud ?

Jesus laughed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join