It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

True. These wankers may not know that yet, though - they apparently don't yet know that discrimination isn't okay either.

Actually - sourced from the link that olaru gave us:

Shupe attracted his fair share of supporters, who defended his right to refuse service on the basis of political beliefs — and others who suggested the Sanders supporter needed a “wakeup call.”

But at least one critic suspected Shupe had another motive in embracing the controversy over his refusal of service.

“And his GoFundMe page begging for money because he is a poor, persecuted Christian goes up in 5, 4, 3…” said Facebook user Colleen Mahony. “And there will be morons that will send this con man money.”

MmmHm. Right.
And he needs a brand new fleet of tow-trucks and praise Jesus!! And Creflo Dollar, the producer of this act, approves of this message.

edit on 5/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

True. These wankers may not know that yet, though - they apparently don't yet know that discrimination isn't okay either.

Love the posters who rant: "It's a business owner's right to not do business with anyone they don't want to" - - - until you point blank ask them if they'd throw out a disabled woman because her disability makes you or your customer uncomfortable.

They never directly answer. Instead they site the Disability Act.

Well, guess what - - there was no Disability Act until 1990. Polio epidemic was 1951/52.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

after reading some of the posts on his facebook page, I don't think he is gonna need a fleet of trucks really...
he might even have trouble keeping one truck busy.

what the people who are defending his right to do this need to ask themselves is....
would they like someone to help themselves or their loved ones if they were in a similar spot? I think they probably would. and I'm pretty sure we'd be hearing about all those poor persecuted christians if it was a truck driver who didn't want to serve a christian and left the pastor's wife on the side of the road for two hours....

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: windword

Awful. Just another example of how rabid the Right Wing is. Every. Day. All. The. Time.

Shall we quote some of the posts the supposed left has been saying in this thread? Let's see. So far I've seen

"punch him in the jaw".

"Leave him homeless".

"Take away his business".

"Fine him hundreds of thousands of dollars".
And that's just the first few pages.

This is very much the same rabid mob mentality that was shown towards the dentist who shot Cecil the lion. The same rabid mob mentality that was shown towards the baker. The same rabid mob mentality shown in this thread by ATS members who will quote scripture in one paragraph, then make threats to a persons life in the next paragraph.

In case anyone cares, Dick Masterson (aka) Dax Herera, makes a good argument for Job Lynch Mobs.

thebiggestproblemintheuniverse.com...

It seems this thread is a perfect example of his argument.

Btw, my wife and myself have been stranded on the side of a road longer than 2 1/2 hours waiting for a tow. The first tow truck driver said we were too far away from him. So we had to wait for another. Did I then proceed to call the local media and try and generate a story over this first driver? No.

Also, what this driver did was stupid and immature. But that's his right to be stupid and immature. Good on him for outing himself. Now more people know who NOT to do business with.
edit on 5-5-2016 by rollanotherone because: Html

edit on 5-5-2016 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What an idiot.

So this is someone that's been brainwashed by Right Wing Media. He Certainly listens to Limbaugh, Coulter, O'Reilly, Hannity, Savage, Prager etc.

For the record I listen to no pundits, right or left wing. And before anyone replies, that there are idiots on both sides of the fence, there are but, we're talking about Right Wing Brainwashing and indoctrination here.

It's like Moth's to a flame, Idiots to Right Wing Media. Yes?

Turn off the TV, and Turn off the Radio, then unfriend anyone who posts anything from right wing media. That's the Cure. Because, Ideally we'd have media that keeps the left wing in check and media that keeps the right wing in check. But what we have in America goes to far, instead of keeping politicians in check they indoctrinate us with a political Agenda. The key piece being division of the American people. If they make us all think that there are Liberals and there are conservatives and that is all we can be, then they've won. We become stupid for believing the media lies. This Tow Truck driver has been brainwashed into thinking anyone that doesn't believe exactly as he does, is wrong. Isn't that one of the definitions of a Cult?
edit on 5-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The question I keep going back to is simple: can doctors and nurses withhold care or treatment from someone coming into the ER, because of the tee-shirt or tattoos they wear?

Because I have personally seen a Jewish RN render care to an extremely loud-mouthed white supremacist with Nazi tattoo's covering most of his bare chest and arms. If she was even conflicted, it never showed.
edit on 5-5-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
. . . I'm pretty sure we'd be hearing about all those poor persecuted christians if it was a truck driver who didn't want to serve a christian and left the pastor's wife on the side of the road for two hours....

OMG - - I think the Internet would explode if it had been an atheist leaving this woman on the side of the road for having a cross sticker on her car.

link   
a reply to: amazing

Yea he's an idiot. But aren't all children idiots until they receive an education? Isn't knowledge what makes a person? So, as long as someone doesn't share your opinion, they deserve to be left in the dark? Doesn't sound very Christian to me.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Or it could. You know. Give the guy a surge in business by other atheists.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: amazing

Yea he's an idiot. But aren't all children idiots until they receive an education? Isn't knowledge what makes a person? So, as long as someone doesn't share your opinion, they deserve to be left in the dark? Doesn't sound very Christian to me.

True, but what we have here is people believing propaganda and thinking it's knowledge and an education into what the world is really like. They all Talk with Authority like they're experts and poor people like this eat it up.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

This would seem to be more politics and much less religion. Not really sure why you put "Religion" in the title at all.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
OMG - - I think the Internet would explode if it had been an atheist leaving this woman on the side of the road for having a cross sticker on her car.

No, we all know to just directly call Mr. Shupe if we're in trouble. He's always ready to help.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Click bait.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm thinking religion is in the title because this delusional bastard claims God told him to get back in his truck and leave her there.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This would seem to be more politics and much less religion. Not really sure why you put "Religion" in the title at all.

Really? You're not sure why "religion" is in the title?

“I’m a conservative Christian, I’ve just drawn a line in the sand,” he said. “I’m not going to associate or conduct business with them.”

"Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave," said Ken Shupe of Shupee Max Towing in Traveler's Rest, S.C..

Like I said in my OP, religion and politics have become blurred for the conservative right.

edit on 5-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

the statement about punching him the jaw was someone saying that was what he would be tempted to do if it was his wife that was left stranded. people usually are more protective when it comes to their loved ones..

I imagine you are also. it seems to me that there's a group of people who want to come up with all kinds of excuses why they should be allowed to do this kind of crap in their business dealings. and that group isn't in the liberal camp!
as someone who has gone most of her life walking just about everywhere I wanted to go, I have to tell you, I would be rather perturbed if I walked somewhere just to find out that for some crazy reason they didn't want to sell or provide their service to me. like I said, if the businesses want the right to treat people like this, then they should at least have the obligation to make sure their ads convey those intentions. but, they won't do that, since well, then they would not only lose the business that they don't want, but alot more because most of us would chose other places to do our business also. we find this kind of action kind of offensive weather it's targeted at us, or another group.

christians enjoy a protected status, they can't be discriminated against. but if they are insisting that other groups are worthy to be discriminated against, maybe they don't deserve that protection?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Where is that second quote from? The "conservative Christian" thing, whoopie. That's a political affiliation, a branch of the GOP, not a religion. I seem to be missing the part where God told him to leave from the OP.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
So you're lumping single individuals with an entire business. Just because one employee is going to discriminate, does this one person represent the entire business? Or just the individual? Maybe the business owner doesn't know about the dealings of this single employee. Since this is a hypothetical, are we allowed to make this scenario up?

Also, I'm not Christian so you can't play that card on me. Nor am I a right winged conservative. I am like most people here who see the divide and choose who and what I vote for based on my own opinion and judgement.

I just find it horrifying that there's people here who call for this guy to lose his job, be caused physical harm, and have to pay (pay whom, I'm not sure) hundreds of thousands of dollars, all because he did something they didn't agree with. Slippery slope indeed.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I just find it horrifying that there's people here who call for this guy to lose his job, be caused physical harm, and have to pay (pay whom, I'm not sure) hundreds of thousands of dollars, all because he did something they didn't agree with. Slippery slope indeed.

If he violated a law, then Yes, he should be brought up on charges.

As others, who break laws, they generally have to pay in some way.

The amount and how he has to pay is generally up to the courts.

I do not support physical harm, but indirectly he could have caused serious physical harm to the woman driver. (not saying 2 wrongs make a right).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join