It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metalheads. A conundrum. An MnM problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The MNM will make sense now. Motorhead and Metallica. I've been a fan of MH a lot longer. I usually side with the originator of a song but does Motorhead outdo James and Co. here?

The original(duh):

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Lemmy wins this time. Honestly sometimes cover versions are better than the original. Like Johnny Cash did hurt better than Trent in my opinion.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The other MH - Machine Head - win above all.

This is better than the original, imo of course.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hi!,

I gave it a serious listening-to with your considerations in mind.

does Motorhead outdo James and Co. here?

No. It's a really great cover, but it's not better than the original.

I appreciate that you are wanting a very fine separation of the two, though.

Good question.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Personally I reckon the original is best here, as much as Lemmy was a legend this track is not for him IMHO.

Equally and opposingly though, I don't think James could manage to better this one; If you're going to listen to it, do yourself a favor and crank the volume to max.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Lemmy was the son of a bishop, you know.

Bishops have a direct line to the Dark Side.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Motörhead's cover of Enter Sandman is a fantastic cover, but it is not better than the original, just different.

And as for that Machine Head cover of Battery... Battery was a track written at the height of the ballcrushing powers that Metallica possessed, before they became a Garth Brooks wannabe quartet during their black album days, and lost their own nuts, and thereby their ability to crush other nuts.

Nothing, no one, not a single person ever born to play guitar, rock a mic, or beat drums, could ever hope to conquer the best material that Metallica wrote. I have heard lots of covers of Black Album songs by other bands, which were better than the originals, but covering Metallica tracks from the days when the band was in its prime? I would not touch that with a space elevator.

new topics

top topics

join