It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Informs North Carolina That HB2 Is Illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

No, it's about whether or not you think the 10th Amendment is still valid and whether or not states have the power to make their own laws and the AG of the state has the job of upholding and defending those laws and whether or not this is an issue that should work its way through the courts instead of being one that is strong-armed.

Cant discriminate against anybody, thats what your constitution says.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

States can make all the laws they want - as long as those laws don't discriminate against a specific group.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

US Constitution, Amendment X: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

is specifically limited by

Supremacy Clause (US Constitution, Article VI, Clause 2): This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The Tenth Amendment governs areas of law not covered (or not within the jurisdiction) of the United States.

Enforcing Federal law against any State or State action that is so obviously and clearly discriminatory certainly is under the purview of the Executive (including of course the Department of Justice.) (US Constitution, Article II)
edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Another win for the good guys, but dont worry you guys will find another way to discriminate against somebody else.

Obama and the DOJ are NOT good guys. That statement is idiotic.

By good guys, I believe they were referring to transgenders and our civil rights in general, not Obama and the DoJ.

What makes trannies 'good guys'?

What makes them good guys is that their human beings...with feelings, rights, and good and bad in them just like you

I don't need to be a 'good guy' and feelings are a useless and irrelevant.

I will settle for being free from our Authoritarian Government.

edit on 2016/5/4 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Another win for the good guys, but dont worry you guys will find another way to discriminate against somebody else.

By good guys, I believe they were referring to transgenders and our civil rights in general, not Obama and the DoJ.

What makes them good guys is that their human beings...with feelings, rights, and good and bad in them just like you

Great - then you should be happy that no authoritarian government will be telling transgender people where they have to go to the public restroom. As long as no one is harming anyone or doing anything nefarious, then people should be able to go to any restroom they want. THAT'S freedom.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I'm glad someone noticed the double standard. He's "against" authoritarians except when they're making new laws to discriminate against people and when they're making new laws about bathrooms. The same way he proposed the profiling of all Muslims, as if that wasn't also authoritarian.

I've noticed a lot of "small government" people advocate double standards like that.
edit on 4-5-2016 by enlightenedservant because: spelling error lol what's "advicate"

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What I find amazing is that you want to be free by trampling the rights of others, just f'n amazing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I'm glad someone noticed the double standard. He's "against" authoritarians except when they're making new laws to discriminate against people and when they're making new laws about bathrooms. The same way he proposed the profiling of all Muslims, as if that wasn't also authoritarian.

I've noticed a lot of "small government" people advocate double standards like that.

I find that those that scream freedom the loudest, only want it for themselves, and those that think like themselves.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The DOJ has no credibility, and have also abandoned the rule of law under Obama, so anything that comes from the DOJ should be ignored anyway and have some other government body coming forward to reprimand states that are in violation of the constitution. Just not the D of J. That so called department is a joke. Just look at the fruitcakes and scumbags Obama appoints to run the DOJ. Just like The Mafia putting their own guys in key positions too promote and protect their interests.

And they blocked and stopped all attempts in due process for any inspector generals from being able to do their job which is to bring OVERSIGHT to government

Fast and Furious showed the DoJ has no compunction to obey the laws of the land, and they also do not cherish American lives or citizens and are mostly responsible for the deaths of Americans with the illegal stunts they have pulled along with our criminal child president.

And yes, this is all still important that no one give any respect or take the DoJ seriously, or the president because of how they have criminalized this country for their own political aims.

But all the sudden liberals demand and insist the DOJ be obeyed only because of this pet PC project is important to everyone while pretending this administration must be obeyed because anything is acceptable the government does as long as their guy is running things, even at6 the cost of people's lives.

Who is more pathetic, This administration or the people who listen to them?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

What I find amazing is that you want to be free by trampling the rights of others, just f'n amazing.

He never advocated anyone's rights be trampled. That you misread, misinterpreted, or just lied about that outright only shows that your agenda is the top of the food chain to you and straw man arguments are your best weapon so you can go after people who you know are not the same as you. That is what is fn amazing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And it's the state's fault for becoming so heavily dependent on the federal government.

If states want "states rights!" then they need to not take so many hand outs from the feds.

It's like collecting a paycheck, but not wanting to do what your boss asks you....or perhaps getting an allowance from your parents and not doing what they tell you to.

Plain and simple. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The very states that want more autonomy and "freedom" have become dependent on the federal government, making the feds take over more and more of expenses those states used to pay themselves.

The states did this to themselves, they've backed themselves into a corner in which they've become reliant on federal tax dollars.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You hit the nail on the head, the States have become dependent on Federal Tax Dollars. Having worked in state government for years, I see it every day. The Feds offer $10 million for a program and the state will develop an entirely new division to ensure they get the $10 million. The sad part is they spend half that $10 million on just setting up the new division by hiring staff, renting space, etc. Hardly any of that money goes to helping people. Then, when the money dries up, the Feds start dictating what the state has to do to get more funding, usually requiring a change in current State Law.

It is a double edge sword. If the state does not go after the Federal Funds, the citizens are up in arms that the state failed to secure the $10 million for services. If our state doesn't get the money, another state will. But, if we go after the money, the Feds now dictate what the state must do to keep getting Fed funding. The states are stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

No, it's about whether or not you think the 10th Amendment is still valid and whether or not states have the power to make their own laws and the AG of the state has the job of upholding and defending those laws and whether or not this is an issue that should work its way through the courts instead of being one that is strong-armed.

The 10th is still valid, the popular right wing interpretation of it is not.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.[

The problem is Article 1 Section 8 which authorizes Congress to do basically anything it wants. In context that means the 10th only applies to powers the government doesn't care about at that moment. Once the government cares, it's no longer up to the states. Essentially, it's an amendment that states the government can't declare something under their power and then do nothing about it, but if the government does something it's their right to do so.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So I guess we will see whether NC can be bought. lol.

If they feel so strongly about this atrocity, then let them put their money where their mouth is.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lol hilarious..... Keep legislating poo and pee in the land of the free 😜

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Lol hilarious..... Keep legislating poo and pee in the land of the free 😜

And public schools, because that's where all the paranoia and hysteria started.

Yep, children - - sent self-righteous, holier-than-thou, gotta protect the children - - parents into hyper-mode.

edit on 5-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sounds like the DOJ is not gonna put up with any more crap from McCrory.

DOJ Sues North Carolina Over Anti-Trans HB 2

The federal government of the United States is suing North Carolina over its sweeping anti-LGBT law known as House Bill 2.

www.advocate.com...
edit on 9-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Excuse me, but shouldn't I have the freedom and right to be comfortable in the restroom designed for my gender without having to worry about a man transgender or not walking into the ladies room? A man who is transgender is still technically a man. Until he can experience the pain of cramps, dealing with blood - the stink and mess, and pain of child birth he can never ever experience being a woman. I don't want to feel embarrased and self concious just going to the bathroom while taking care of some very messy needs during a paticular time of month with a man in the bathroom transgender or not. It is sick and distrubing on so many levels.

Why are my civil rights being trampled on? Why am I being discriminated against because I'm a born woman and now can't use a strictly womans bathroom?

This just ins't centered around the bathroom, but also includes locker rooms in which some loocker rooms include open shower rooms. I don't want my daughters having to use a school/gym locker room and or shower having to deal with a man in the same area transgender or not. Your going to tell them just to wait until the transgender leaves? What if they were there first and in the middle of dressing, undressing, or taking a shower and a guy suddenly just walks in?

Morals are going down the tubes fast.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

so will north Carolina not get federal funds if they make it illegal to go to the wrong bathroom?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

So who do you want in the bathroom with you? The post op now male or the pre op male? You've got to share it with one of the two.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join