It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the corporate taxes were reduced to 0%?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What would happen if the corporate taxes were reduced to 0%?

The current tax rate maxes out at 39.6%. We have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. What extra unnecessary regulations do US businesses have that foreign business don't have?
What would that do in the short term and the long term? How will this effect small businesses and small credit unions and banks? Is this even possible or is it a pipe-dream? Will this help the poor and middle class or will it have no real effect? What effect will this have on industry?

Thank you for replying.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
"" What would happen if the corporate taxes were reduced to 0%? ""

unrecognizable prosperity !!!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Buisness would go up.

To be honest USA corperate tax could do with being lowered.

But to eliminate it is a poor choice.

Thing is corporations use a nations roads, rail and other infrastructure.
The labour they use is trained by the nations schools and its property protected by the host nations armed forces and police. So they do need to cover there fair share of the costs of those expenditures.
edit on 4-5-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, I'm guessing it would depend on the businesses. Some would be able to pay employees better, hire more, and stay in the US

And then there are those that would just pocket all the profit, not paying employees better. But at least they would stay in the US.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Let's find out.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nothing they are greedy bastards who don't give a damn about anyone else but themselves just so they can impress thsir college buddies.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Let's find out.

Ok it its reduced to 0 then it would be fair to deny them use of the police, the nations roads and rail and allow foreign nations to hack, sabotage and bomb them?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Low corporate taxes doesn't mean factories and huge offices and tons of jobs will suddenly spring to life.

All a corporation needs is a presence or whatever is "just legally good enough" in the country to benefit from the zero or low corporate taxes. You don't have be based in a country to benefit from the corporate tax structure. You just need to be there.

This is why a lot of corporations use Ireland.

Then again, are there TONS AND TONS of factories and TONS AND TONS of offices opening up for all the corporations that are moving there?

Not really. I mean sure they had some economic growth from the influx of money -- but it isn't like suddenly everyone gets to sit in a cubicle or work in a factory.

If you are a smartly run corporation, you do the bare bones to take advantage.
edit on 4-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sure, drop it to 0%, but also take away all subsidies and corporate bailouts. If their taxes were 0 percent then they wouldn't get any tax rebates, which a large percent of the richest companies get more money back then they paid in taxes. Don't allow american companies to fire the bulk of their citizen employees to ship in foreign work-visa labor, and make them keep their money in american banking institutions and investments instead of hiding them offshore. Then i'd be ok with not taxing them, because i'm pretty sure we'd have a net gain in funding our Country's infrastructure.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

They are so greedy that they would hire more people to make more money.

Increase production.

or open more stores,factories,distribution centers. Maybe they hire more specialized employees to best their competition.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Most corps aren't paying that percentage.

Look at what happened in Kansas when taxes were lowered.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Let's find out.

Ok it its reduced to 0 then it would be fair to deny them use of the police, the nations roads and rail and allow foreign nations to hack, sabotage and bomb them?

Half of Americans don't pay taxes either.

According to all that I've been hearing, corporations like apple are not paying taxes anyway. They hide most of their money in foreign banks. So how is this going to effect the ammount of money collected?

This is reducing the corporate "income" tax rate to zero anyway. They still pay property tax, inventory tax and sales tax. Etc etc etc.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
it already is

look at a corporations ETA, sometimes it is a negative number

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe if corperate tax was lowered and simplified more company's would pay it?

Dont think the answer is to tax more, nor is it to eliminate it.

But if a business is going to use a host nations services it should contribute.

Think the problem with corporate tax as it stands now is that its less about getting them to cover the costs of the host nations services they use and more about the government useing corperate tax for a quick buck.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

But do most small businesses hide their wealth offshore?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: syrinx high priest

But do most small businesses hide their wealth offshore?

totally different issues. the best thing we could do for small businesses is take them out of the healthcare business and go to single payer

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree the zero is to low.
The rate should be competitive.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We'd all incorporate.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
1) I don't know that it should be zero... I'd make it a flat 5 or 10% at most. Maybe 20%.

2) Also need to look at all the various deductions and other giveaways congress has bloated the tax code with as well. Everything needs to be simplified dramatically. It isn't even so much the tax rate as it is all the other costs associated with complying. Accounting firms and lawyers have made a mint helping companies navigate the tax code.

3) I'd get rid of all subsidies of any kind. Federal government should not be subsidizing any industry or corporation.

4) I'd make the low taxes dependent upon having your actual operations in the US.

5) What should be zero is actual income taxes on individuals. Maybe 5% on those making more than $250k.

With low enough rates, then you can get rid of the favorable treatment of different types of income. Treat income as income, regardless of how it was earned.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Corporations would be worth more ... and you wouldn't get *hit

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join