It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren unleashes Twitter tirade on Donald Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Thetan
a reply to: introvert
His comments were directed toward the Mexican government for sending it's criminal element to the United States. Race has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. NOTHING.

His comments were towards the people. Specifically being criminals, drug dealers and rapists.

But he assumes SOME were good people.

Isn't that nice if him?

Either way, his comments are categorically false.

Wait a second. If you ADMIT, that Trump said he assumes some are good, then that by default means he didn't mean ALL.

And his statement was made 3 days after an investigative journalist broke stats on RAPES that occur on the border, which was featured in a major paper.

So he obviously meant "Some are rapists" by his own words, which is fact. And he then stated, "some may be good people".

What is the confusion here?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
You are doing what ALL should be doing.

Taking an un-biased look at all the contenders. Looking deeper than twitter and MSM and going for the source.

Then make your own choice with an informed decision.

I applaud you.

I am leaning Trump after being convinced I would not vote for the first time in my life.

The blind hate of Trump is what made me investigate the man deeper.

I actually like Bernie too, but his huge spending scares me.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I asked you to give me an instance of Trump being racist. If you can't do that then my work is done here.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

You're obsfucating, Introvert. His comments were not about "the people." His comments were about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS that the Mexican government is sending over because these particular people are criminal. NOTHING to do with race and NOTHING to do with all Mexicans.

Sure. Tell yourself whatever you have to to help you sleep at night.

I can still understand why many, many people take offense to his comments.

Like I said, I don't take offense over this because of race. I take offense at the outright stupidity it takes to say something like this.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Snarky comments will not save you from your own false propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Snarky comments will not save you from your own false propaganda.

What false propaganda?

Trump said what he said.

I see why people would take offense. If it was so crystal clear, why did he have to clarify later on?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What false propaganda? So now you're saying that you haven't said one false thing about Trump in this thread? I'm actually asking, not telling. Because if you admit that you have said at least one false thing about trump and that thing is poor on his image then you are propounding false propaganda.

edit on 4-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What false propaganda? So now you're saying that you haven't said one false thing about Trump in this thread? I'm actually asking, not telling. Because if you admit that you have said at least one false thing about trump and that thing is poor on his image then you are propounding false propaganda.

I have not said one false thing about Trump.

He said what he said and I can sympathize with those that find it to be racist.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: xuenchen
For once I'd like to hear something about something tRump is going to do for the Country (besides "Make it Great") instead of foolish remarks about his opponents.

he doesn't even know himself...but don't worry, he'll hire someone to tell him...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

His comments were directed toward the Mexican government for sending it's criminal element to the United States. Race has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. NOTHING.

Thank you.
I'm not a Trump supporter, not for Clinton either but one thing Trump is not is racist.

He's not racist in the slightest bit. He doesn't have time for pleb like emotions such as that.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Thank you.
I'm not a Trump supporter, not for Clinton either but one thing Trump is not is racist.

He's not racist in the slightest bit. He doesn't have time for pleb like emotions such as that.

I've said many times that I don't believe he is racist, but I can understand why some would take offense to his comments.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She's as bad as Hillary and Nancy Pelosi.

I know! I just love her! ♥

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Thetan

Let me get this straight. Trump said SOME Mexicans are rapists (which is true,) therefore trump thinks that the Hispanic "race" is inferior to other races? Don't be ridiculous.

No, he said they're rapists...and SOME, he assumed, were good people. Here is his quote:

They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Also, I said nothing about any race being inferior. What I did say is that some people would take his comments as being racist.

Premise one is blantantly wrong.

You couldn't even correctly read my first example. You got it mixed around.

Got anything else?

Sure, but I feel it would be a waste of time. You couldn't even properly comprehend what I posted.

"No, he said they're rapists...and SOME, he assumed, were good people." This is false propaganda. He said "THEIR rapists." That makes a huge difference in his message. THEIR is much better than THEY'RE, and Trump said "THEIR." Got anything to say for yourself?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

He said "THEIR rapists." That makes a huge difference in his message. THEIR is much better than THEY'RE, and Trump said "THEIR." Got anything to say for yourself?

Prove it.

Edit:

Had to laugh at this sentence:

THEIR is much better than THEY'RE, and Trump said "THEIR.

edit on 4-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well let's start with racism. What has Donald Trump ever done or said that is racist?

here...in his own words....
www.youtube.com...

he said that "some" are good people....and the raging, paranoid, right-wingers were fully on board from that point on.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Thank you.

I've said many times that I don't believe he is racist, but I can understand why some would take offense to his comments.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Well let's start with racism. What has Donald Trump ever done or said that is racist?

www.youtube.com...

he said that "some" are good people....and the raging, paranoid, right-wingers were fully on board from that point on.

Why am I not surprised you selected an edited video that did NOT use the FULL context. I posted the full UNCUT video earlier. Try watching that.

Propagandize much?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

He said "THEIR rapists." That makes a huge difference in his message. THEIR is much better than THEY'RE, and Trump said "THEIR." Got anything to say for yourself?

Prove it.

Edit:

Had to laugh at this sentence:

THEIR is much better than THEY'RE, and Trump said "THEIR.

I have three things to say to that:
1. YOU claimed that he said "they're," so the burden of proof rests on you; otherwise you are committing a logical fallacy.
2. Watch the full clip and it's obvious that you have taken it out of context.
3. The best definition of "proof" is "evidence sufficient to convince." To convince whom? The entity percieveing. I'm afraid no amount of evidence is sufficient to convince you my friend. Watch the full clip and it is very, very obvious which "their" he was using. I'm glad that I've exposed you for the troll you're being right now for the rest of the viewers of this thread.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: jimmyx

www.youtube.com...

Why am I not surprised you selected an edited video that did NOT use the FULL context. I posted the full UNCUT video earlier. Try watching that.

Propagandize much?

Here's what Don had to say afterward:

There’s been some dispute over whether Trump actually said “they’re rapists” or “their rapists” — ie, that Trump may have not have been implying that all Mexicans are rapists. But Trump never actually clarified which one he meant. Instead, he doubled down on the comments while insisting that he was not being racist. “I love Mexican people,” he later said. “I have a tremendous relationship. I also respect Mexico.” In an interview with CNN regarding his remarks about Mexico and rapists, Trump told Don Lemon that he meant every word he said. “Well, somebody’s doing the raping, Don! I mean somebody’s doing it! Who’s doing the raping?” he asked. “Who’s doing the raping?”

thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You are dangerously close to "Stage 3".

Relax.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join