It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren unleashes Twitter tirade on Donald Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Perhaps he does, but that does not negate the fact that people will find his comments racist.

Well that would make them wrong then, wouldn't it?

You said "I don't know why any intelligent adult would defend his statements in the slightest." Well, if they are accurate, that would be a reason to defend them. Or are we not allowed to discuss violence against women when illegals are doing it?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well that would make them wrong then, wouldn't it?

No. It would mean that Trump did not approach the issue intelligently and let his big mouth spit stupidity before his brain thought about what to say.

You said "I don't know why any intelligent adult would defend his statements in the slightest." Well, if they are accurate, that would be a reason to defend them. Or are we not allowed to discuss violence against women when illegals are doing it?

His statement was not accurate.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm surprised no one has shown up to accuse this entire thread of racism yet.

It's hard enough to keep the facts straight and have an intelligent discussion without people being drama queens.

Tell me about it

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well that's just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

m.youtube.com...

Not for you. For the others lol

edit on 542016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's good to know you're not on the warpath or anything.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No. It would mean that Trump did not approach the issue intelligently and let his big mouth spit stupidity before his brain thought about what to say.

Fair enough, it was not the most thought out way to reference the problem, and as such, uniformed people that are looking for a reason to hate him will use this as a reason to hate him.

His statement was not accurate.

He said "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

You admit that 80% of the women crossing are raped, but instead of saying well he somewhat misspoke, you say, "I don't know why any intelligent adult would defend his statements in the slightest." Why are we not allowed to talk about the illegals staggering violence against women?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The article was about them telling African Americans sorry no room at the inn.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

No they were verbatim.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Indigo5

Wasn't all of his comments cherry picked out from when he was referencing 'illegal' aliens and 'radical' Islamists?

I watched his speech...he never made the distinction about "illegal" Mexicans?

Did you actually watch his announcement speech? You can find it on youtube if you like.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It's absolutely idiotic that anytime Elizabeth Warren's name comes up we get the circle jerk about her maybe/maybe not Indigenous ancestry. She never knowing lied about it and if it's a lie it's one that her and her mother's generation grew up being told and believing.

Native American heritage controversy

In April 2012, the Boston Herald sparked a campaign controversy when it reported that from 1986 to 1995 Warren had listed herself as a minority in the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) directories.[67] Harvard Law School had publicized her minority status in response to criticisms about a lack of faculty diversity, but Warren said that she was unaware of this until she read about it in a newspaper during the 2012 election.[67][68][69] Scott Brown, her Republican opponent in the Senate race, speculated that she had fabricated Native American heritage to gain advantage in the employment market.[70][71][72] Former colleagues and supervisors at universities she had worked at stated that Warren's ancestry played no role in her hiring.[68][69][72][73] Warren responded to the allegations saying that she had self-identified as a minority in the directories in order to meet others with similar tribal roots.[74] Her brothers defended her, stating that they "grew up listening to our mother and grandmother and other relatives talk about our family's Cherokee and Delaware heritage".[75] In her 2014 autobiography, Warren described the allegations as untrue and hurtful.[76] The New England Historic Genealogical Society found a family newsletter that alluded to a marriage license application that listed Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great grandmother as a Cherokee, but could not find the primary document and found no proof of her descent.[72][77][78] The Oklahoma Historical Society said that finding a definitive answer about Native American heritage can be difficult because of intermarriage and deliberate avoidance of registration.[79]

Wikipedia

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Right because he "assumes, some are good" only in a,way that makes it sound more like "I doubt it but ya never know"

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

So what he was talking about illegals he still said they're rapists.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Fair enough, it was not the most thought out way to reference the problem, and as such, uniformed people that are looking for a reason to hate him will use this as a reason to hate him.

I don't think one has to be uninformed or hateful to have a problem with someone saying "They're rapists...and, I assume, some are good people".

Why are we not allowed to talk about the illegals staggering violence against women?

Sure. Start a thread and let's discuss it.

In the meantime, I will continue to say that I can see why people would find his "mistake" to be a bit racist. As I said before, I don't think he is racist, but understand why some are offended by his comment.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Thetan

Pretty simple. You said SOME Mexicans were rapists.

Trump said Mexican are rapists...SOME are good people.
Oh Introvert. You are making a logical mistake that logicians call a "category mistake." Trump was talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, not all Mexicans. If Trump said some are good people then that means not all the illegal immigrants coming over are rapists, as good people aren't rapists. Do you have any refutation to what I just said?

Edit: Even if Trump said all Mexicans are rapists(which he didn't,) you still have to explain how that statement is racist.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Thetan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As usual, you have very little to offer in the form of actual substance.

Please don't waste my time.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

All she had to do was get a simple DNA test to prove it one way or the other.

But no of course not.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Do you have any refutation to what I just said?

Yes, I never said he referred to all Mexicans. In fact, he included a caveat that said he assumed some were good people.

And his exact statement was "When Mexico sends it's people". Mexico's people are Mexicans.

When Mexico "sends" it's people are they all illegal immigrants?
edit on 4-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No. He said they're rapists and criminals AND some he assumes are nice.

Jesus...Trump supporters...

And Equivicator of the year goes to....Swills!

Trump did not say "they're rapists," he said "THEIR rapists." That makes a big difference.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert
Yes, but the difference is he isn't saying when Mexico sends ALL of it's people, he's saying when Mexico sends SOME of it's people. Which people? The undesirables of Mexican society. You have to put his words into proper context. Trump has been saying the Mexican government sends some of it's undesirables here from day one. Now explain to me how any of this is racist anyhow?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join