It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Monsanto Suing Farmers Over Piracy Issues

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Wow, I just get audited constantly.... every quarter..... without fail. Now if our govts could just take all the money they waste on lawyers to harrass people, there would be plenty of money to go around.

Of course you are not going to give up without a fight. That's just the American way, isn't it? I really hope something changes for you, and the rest of the farmers, and it doesn't have to come to that.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
I am more terrified of ingesting products saturated with that stuff than the fact that the crops were modified in the first place (and I am not thrilled at all over ingesting modified crops).

Very true; I can see where you're coming from and I agree. The fact that pesticides are known to have bad effects kind of has more weight than potential effects from GMO's that are yet to be seen. Both are worrisome, but one seems more threatening.

And to think, at the end of the Monsanto release you posted they say:
Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality.

HAH!

[edit on 20-1-2005 by parrhesia]

MBF

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Now if our govts could just take all the money they waste on lawyers to harrass people, there would be plenty of money to go around.

I think that they create problems just to secure their high paying jobs. I know I have payed a lot of money to lawyers and and I'm not any closer to having my problem solved. If I had all the money that they have wasted causing me trouble I could retire. It seems like when they get your name, you are a target from then on.

Good luck with your problem.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
Good luck with your problem.

Thanks. It all starts over again on the 30th when I have to submit my GST. Mr. T. Perri of the CRA, I look forward to another lovely chat with you

Good luck to you as well, and keep fighting!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Y'know, I thought Monsanto was the biggest seed company but I was mistaken.

The site below has a list of the biggest seed companies and agro-chemical companies and Monsanto isn't number 1 on either:

etcgroup.org

World’s Top 10 Agrochemical Firms
1. Syngenta (Switzerland)
$5,507 (millions)

2. Bayer (Germany)
$5,394 (millions)

3. BASF (Germany)
$3,569 (millions)

4. Monsanto (US)
$3,031 (millions)

5. Dow (US)
$3,008 (millions)

World’s Top 10 Seed Corporations
Seed sales

1. Dupont (Pioneer) US
$2,240 (millions)

2. Monsanto (US)
$1,879 (millions)

3. Syngenta (Switzerland)
$1,071 (millions)

4. KWS AG (Germany)
$529 (millions)

5. Seminis (US)
$477 (millions)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Dupont, as in teflon? Eeew, who knows what they're doing? I had no idea they sold seeds. For some reason, I just find that strange, that and BASF 'we just make things better' being in the list. No wonder we live so much longer now than before, we're full of preservatives!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join