It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump in Neverland, and the GOP Exodus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think that the burning of registrations represents the same kind of emotional outbursts that anti-Trumpers have been exhibiting all through the election cycle. I am not at all surprised that some have gone to extremes now that he has beaten the field and is the leader of the GOP.
It's quite common for those that have gone overboard to self justify their previous actions by 'cutting off their noses to spite their faces'. Once the childishness has subsided, i suspect the majority will vote for Trump and feel a little foolish about their previous actions.
edit on 4/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think that the burning of registrations represents the same kind of emotional outbursts that anti-Trumpers have been exhibiting all through the election cycle.

Trumps entire platform is based on emotion..To such a shocking extent that his positions do not matter to his cult followers. He can propose locking up women who have abortions on day, then change his mind the next. He can say anything...they don't care...cuz "thinking" has nothing to do with it.

It only follows that a near 100% emotionally driven, button pushing campaign would evoke emotional responses.

It's quite common for those that have gone overboard to self justify their previous actions by 'cutting off their noses to spite their faces'.

We are talking about Trump supporters?...Right?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I think that the burning of registrations represents the same kind of emotional outbursts that anti-Trumpers have been exhibiting all through the election cycle.

Trumps entire platform is based on emotion..To such a shocking extent that his positions do not matter to his cult followers. He can propose locking up women who have abortions on day, then change his mind the next. He can say anything...they don't care...cuz "thinking" has nothing to do with it.

It only follows that a near 100% emotionally driven, button pushing campaign would evoke emotional responses.

It's quite common for those that have gone overboard to self justify their previous actions by 'cutting off their noses to spite their faces'.

Nearly all Trump supporters I have spoken with support him because of his positions. Most notably on immigration, trade and foreign policy. On the other hand, I rarely see anti-Trumpers debate objectively. In fact, most of them don't even discuss policy, they just talk about his tone or cast doubt on whether he can actually do what he is saying he will do, then end up hurling insults like children.

The ant-Trump GOP movement will be remembered for its epic loss and it's low information and overly emotional attacks on Trump.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I have seen more emotion coming from across the political aisle. As far as, I can tell is that his supporters are supporting his statements due to so much taken out of context. Even your example...Trump did not change his mind on his statement. He was given a hypothetical situation and he responded honestly towards the hypothetical law given.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Nearly all Trump supporters I have spoken with support him because of his positions.

His positions? On which day? They change with each news cycle.

Most notably on immigration, trade and foreign policy.

The three positions that virtually everyone educated on the issues both left and right say are complete nonsense at best and certain disaster at worst?

The ant-Trump GOP movement will be remembered for its epic loss and it's low information and overly emotional attacks on Trump.

I believe the psychological term is "projection"...Assigning faults of your own to others..or something like that..

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Nearly all Trump supporters I have spoken with support him because of his positions.

The three positions that virtually everyone educated on the issues both left and right say are complete nonsense at best and certain disaster at worst?

I believe the psychological term is "projection"...Assigning faults of your own to others..or something like that..

Try not to listen to news cycles. There is your problem right there.

'everyone educated'?..... There is that projection thing you were talking about. Simple research tells you what you stated is not true, but I understand your need for self justification.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Even your example...Trump did not change his mind on his statement. He was given a hypothetical situation and he responded honestly towards the hypothetical law given.

OK..Lets generously give you the "Hypothetical" thing..

You say he was given a hyopothetical, which technically he was..though it is a hypothetical he advocates for making a reality as president...either way...Hypothetical...

His answer to that hypothetical if Abortion became illegal...would the women be punished?
March 30th 2:30PM

TRUMP:“there has to be some form of punishment.” He punctuates “has” with a hand gesture. Done. Final.

AND THEN once sh*& hits the fan?

He CHANGES his position...with another "Hypothetical"..notice the "if congress"
March 30, 2016, 5 p.m.

About an hour later, Trump’s campaign releases a more formal “statement regarding abortion.” It’s different than what he said to Matthews and his initial statement.

“If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law,” the statement says, “the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman.” (It’s worth noting that this is in line with the pro-life movement’s position.)

* So no...Even affording your hypothetical defense...he flippity flopped in a few hours even on the Hyppthetical..

edit on 5-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes...It would be much easier to support Trump if you just didn't listen to what he actually says.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yes...It would be much easier to support Trump if you just didn't listen to what he actually says.

I find it best to use a number of sources to understand what is going on, not emotionally reacting to interviews or debates. I can see how the news cycle would get you riled up, though.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I find it best to use a number of sources to understand what is going on, not emotionally reacting to interviews or debates. I can see how the news cycle would get you riled up, though.

The news cycle does not imply singular or limited sources? Strange accusation.

I would venture that my researcher background affords me a vast and deep number of hard data and transcripts to verify and check the veracity of Donald Trumps statements and words.

I can see how it would be advantageous for you to suspend doubt by simply ignoring the news.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The news cycle does not imply singular or limited sources? Strange accusation.

I would venture that my researcher background affords me a vast and deep number of hard data and transcripts to verify and check the veracity of Donald Trumps statements and words.

I can see how it would be advantageous for you to suspend doubt by simply ignoring the news.

As a researcher you should provide more insight. So far you have let your profession down.
Which sources are you using? List a few of them and provide your conclusions based on the research...

Let me remind you of your last conclusion that sounded like an emotional statement - where is your research to support this conclusion:

Trumps entire platform is based on emotion..To such a shocking extent that his positions do not matter to his cult followers. He can propose locking up women who have abortions on day, then change his mind the next. He can say anything...they don't care...cuz "thinking" has nothing to do with it. It only follows that a near 100% emotionally driven, button pushing campaign would evoke emotional responses.

edit on 5/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They said that Trump would never make it through the primaries, and look at what happened. They have underestimated him so far. I think he will surprise everyone, especially when the Independents and non-affiliated vote in the general election. They keep glossing over that he had millions more votes in the primaries than any other candidate, including Romney.

Let the elite pull out. They know their bubble has burst and they are going to actually be held accountable, and will need to actually do an honest days work if Trump is POTUS. They don't like that that cushy world is about to be turned upside down. This is a GOOD thing. Let them stay home.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Which sources are you using? List a few of them and provide your conclusions based on the research...

That seems a wildly vague request?

Let's see..You had said the basis for Trump's supporters endorsement was the substance of Trump's positions on "immigration, trade and foreign policy"?

And your purported multi-source, unbiased research on these positions finds them sound?

Pick one for me and I will offer you some objective research centered around his position and the consequences of the same.

edit on 5-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Let's see..You had said the basis for Trump's supporters endorsement was the substance of Trump's positions on "immigration, trade and foreign policy"?

And your purported multi-source, unbiased research on these positions finds them sound?

Pick one for me and I will offer you some objective research centered around his position and the consequences of the same.

Just as I thought. Deflection.

Why not just list your research like I asked? Do you think deflecting by asking me for mine is a valid response?
You claimed to be a researcher. I am claiming your post offering your conclusions above was an emotionally driven paragraph of opinion backed up by no research at all.

Would you care to do a comparison of all the opinion pieces, statistics, polls and reports I have posted from multiple sources during this election cycle compared to yours? I think you might lose on that comparison... Still you may have done research that you have not shared... so I'll ask again, what research did you use to come to your conclusion:

Trumps entire platform is based on emotion..To such a shocking extent that his positions do not matter to his cult followers. He can propose locking up women who have abortions on day, then change his mind the next. He can say anything...they don't care...cuz "thinking" has nothing to do with it. It only follows that a near 100% emotionally driven, button pushing campaign would evoke emotional responses.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Just as I thought. Deflection.

Why not just list your research like I asked?

Research and sources follows topic?

This is a weird conversation?

Please list your "research"?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

They said that Trump would never make it through the primaries, and look at what happened. They have underestimated him so far.

I don't think "they" underestimated Trump. They underestimated the stupidity of a huge chunk of the American population.

Let's put this in proper perspective.

We have a reality TV star that has won the nomination to run for president for one of the two major parties in the US.

Let the elite pull out. They know their bubble has burst and they are going to actually be held accountable, and will need to actually do an honest days work if Trump is POTUS. They don't like that that cushy world is about to be turned upside down. This is a GOOD thing. Let them stay home.

Trump is an elite.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

what research did you use to come to your conclusion:
Trumps entire platform is based on emotion.

OK...back to you soon.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

polling report

Thanks for this - very good infographic.

The path of least resistance for Trump is probably among independents - quite a big number. I think he is going to struggle on the woman vote... a lot depends on how Clinton protects the women's vote. if she goes overboard with the women card it may back fire (by overboard, I mean the Nancy Pelosi type comments).

Looks like an uphill battle for Trump, but the polls will be more interesting in 3 months time.

One thing to know about this poll is that the question asked for voting preference and if an answer of 'neither' was given, then a follow up question was asked on who the person is leaning towards... that's why the totals are so close to 100%. In that respect the numbers are a little skewed because any third party run or lack of turnout for 'leaning' voters means the end result may be significantly different. i couldn't find the raw preference information, without the follow up 'leaning' preference.

Another important stat from this poll is that there were 8% more Democrats polled than Republicans.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

what research did you use to come to your conclusion:
Trumps entire platform is based on emotion.

OK...back to you soon.

Surely you have it to hand if you did your research to come to your conclusion? Are you off looking for sources to substantiate your claims?

I'd like to see both sides of the argument and your rationale for your conclusion...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join