It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump Groups Spent $75.7 Million on 64,000 Negative Ads to Take Down Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Big money spent on anti Trump ads apparently are failing bigtime.

They have spent $75.7 million on 64,000 negative ads against Trump and that's just the regular broadcast (non cable etc.) TV stations.

Even more spent in side activity.

Looks like the big money is not necessarily swaying enough of the public.

Now what will they do as they continue to pee money away?

Lots of losers !!

AMAZING=> Anti-Trump Groups Spent $75.7 Million on 64,000 Negative Ads to Take Down Trump – It Wasn’t Enough

Anti-Trump groups and campaigns spent $75.7 million on 64,000 negative ads against Donald Trump this election cycle. And that’s just broadcast television. Millions more were spent on cable and satellite television ads.

CNN reported:

The television ad campaign to defeat Donald Trump was at least a $75.7 million effort, according to the ad tracking firm Kantar Media/CMAG. (Their full estimate: $75,723,580)

It comprised nearly 64,000 ad spots throughout the campaign.

And that’s the figure for broadcast television alone. Anti-Trump ads also ran on cable and satellite television, but the tracking data does not capture that.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well looks like they wasted ther money

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Anti-Trump Groups Spent $75.7 Million on 64,000 Negative Ads to Take Down Trump

Nothing no more easily separated than a fool and his money

edit on 4-5-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If there's one thing that this tells me, it's that the elections are really "selections", and it's absolutely clear as can be that it's all just semantics to make us think we have power and that this is actually an oligarchy in the hands of a few.

That, as well as the fact that Trump is able to incite anger and emotions from lots of voters, based on finger-pointing and showboating

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

So the "Citizens United" controversy is over blown?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You'd think they would have learned by now and stopped giving the guy so much attention, but everytime the establishment attacks him he gets more voters. I have a feeling the establishment is well aware of this which is why they keep hammering away at him. He's part of their group, Trump has been friends with the establishment for years now.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

i doubt it anything like that is corrupt from the ground up

most likely money laundering scheme

but say it is true im glad are kids are stupid and barley have the funding to get grade 12 education

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Gotta love FREE publicity.

To become president with someone ELSE spending all the money.

Sheer GENIUS.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

but say it is true im glad are kids are stupid and barley have the funding to get grade 12 education

LOL *joins movement for barley to attend school. It is an underrated grain.*
edit on 4-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

the elections are really "selections

Soooo lutely. Popularity contests. I think we have been trained into celebrity culture. The rest of the guys thought that being a politician was still part of the contest. Trump believed that it wasn't and to that end wangled himself a celebrity tv show that portrayed him as the Boss and look.

Ah, that would be B-9 for the Bingo.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I think that the dinosaurs in charge of creating these anti-Trump propaganda ads failed to notice that the public, by and large, have finally woken up to the American political establishments BS and tactics of pushing the military/industrial complex agenda at the expense of the peace and prosperity of everyone.

The harder the anti-Trump groups lash out at him, the more support he will get and successful he will become - as has been the case so far.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Political ads are the biggest beating of each campaign season. Just brutal.

"My opponent kicks babies, commits church arson, and gleefully spreads infectious diseases to puppies. I, on the other hand, go hungry nightly so the poor can eat, obey all traffic laws, and fight every day against baby kicking, puppy hating, hate crime arsonists."

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You'd think they would have learned by now and stopped giving the guy so much attention, but everytime the establishment attacks him he gets more voters. I have a feeling the establishment is well aware of this which is why they keep hammering away at him. He's part of their group, Trump has been friends with the establishment for years now.

And that establishment are those who exist at the top of the economic system. Yep, not just friends, but one of them. How all his supporters cannot see this is really beyond me. Or,,, maybe they do, and that is scarier in some ways.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Looks like the big money is not necessarily swaying enough of the public.

I don't think it's the money per sa, but rather the public are just so pissed off with all the negativity and dodgy campaigning.

Turns people off all right, but not necessarily off the intended target.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So the "Citizens United" controversy is over blown?

Is this similar to, but different from the McCutcheon et. al. vs. FEC case? Guess I wasn't as familiar with the Citizens United one

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

school to me was always a learning experience,

i learned to blindly accept spell check programs

i learned basic hacking skills(which are out dated now)

drug dealing,

social constructs and how to interweave

who to bribe and how to bribe

how to spot a junkie(my principle and many other teachers)

the fun in jokes and tomfoolery

all the reading writing and arithmetic was learned by grade six.

im just glad i had 6 more years after to learn the fore mentioned

so yes it is imperative that are new generations get a proper education

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why does this song keep coming popping up in my head as I read all this?

The voters are fed up on all sides of the fence.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's easy to be a protester when you're spending someone else's money. I'd like to see a protester group that is only funded by the members protesting with no outside funds. Let the protesters really put their mouth where their money is, and not where other's money is.

I bet the turn out would be much different on both sides of the fence.
edit on 4-5-2016 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The funny part is....

The more money they throw at thwarting him....the more it convinces us that we're right in supporting him, because if all of these fat cats hate him so much, then obviously it is because they fear they have a lot to lose if he wins....

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It's easy to be a protester when you're spending someone else's money. I'd like to see a protester group that is only funded by the members protesting with no outside funds. Let the protesters really put their mouth where their money is, and not where other's money is.

There's a reason you don't see Trump supporters protesting at other candidates' rallies.

We have to go to work in the morning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join