It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS, CNN: Kasich...out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Does this mean Cruz is going to come back?

Ha! Apparently he could "unsuspend" his campaign!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The key is that word "suspend" versus formally "ending" a campaign.

I don't suppose he could give his delegates to Sanders, could he?

Honestly, they are the only two actually worthwhile in this entire charade.

Kasich did a good job - he just wasn't "show-biz" enough. I mean, how could he really compete with Green Eggs and Ham, and The Apprentice? Who in their right mind would WANT to be grouped together with those two??

And you know what just occurred to me? Maybe Cruz is fantasizing that Donald will pick him as VP!!
Boy, Carly sure didn't think this through at all. She should have stayed home from the get-go.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It was Carly's last dance.

She will fade away like old paint.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL!! She was barely a smudge or a brush-stroke or a dried drip or chip on the woodwork to begin with.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Last dance?

She arrived at the party after they had put up the booze and flicked on the lights.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Interesting question, but if Trump gets 1237 on his own, which it appears now he will, it won't make much difference what they do with their delegates.

He was going to get it even if they both stayed in....that's why Cruz gave up.

CNN now saying sources say he's (Kasich) dropping out, but not official yet.

edit on 4-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

CBS, CNN: Kasich...out

When was he in?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: charolais
Does this mean Cruz is going to come back?

Ha! Apparently he could "unsuspend" his campaign!

Can't wait for South Park to cover this scenario.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

He will easily make 1237 now, without ted and john.

Projections had already put Trump beyond the 1237 by the end of the campaign.

Bottom Line: Kasich, Cruz and the GOP elite were unable to quell the anger in conservative voters.

AFAIC the country deserves Trump just exactly as much as they deserved two terms of 0bama. Let 'em have him.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Bottom Line: Kasich, Cruz and the GOP elite were unable to quell the anger in conservative voters.

AFAIC the country deserves Trump just exactly as much as they deserved two terms of 0bama. Let 'em have him.

Oh, I understand that. But it would behoove Trump supporters in the remaining states to get out and vote and not take it for granted that he will win the nomination.

I expect shenanigans. Always.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Oh, I understand that. But it would behoove Trump supporters in the remaining states to get out and vote and not take it for granted that he will win the nomination.

Me too, but this is the kind of show a personality like Trump thrives on. He's gonna go full throttle now that he's running unopposed. As long as Bernie stays in his race with Hillary she can't afford to be distracted by taking Trump head on. The timing from the Conservative side is just astounding.

I see a landslide victory for Trump. He might 'trump' Reagan's margins.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Interesting.

Suppose they do take it for granted. Suppose they feel that since he is now running uncontested they don't need to vote, whereas supporters of Cruz and Kasich still vote in large numbers, thereby depriving Trump of the delegates needed to secure the nom. Then, when the convention comes along, Cruz or Kasich jump back in the spotlight (however futilely) and say, "Hey! He didn't get the delegates." Suppose.

Although I fully expect Trump to get the nomination, anything can happen this election.

Especially now that Hillary might be deposed.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Me too, but this is the kind of show a personality like Trump thrives on. He's gonna go full throttle now that he's running unopposed. As long as Bernie stays in his race with Hillary she can't afford to be distracted by taking Trump head on. The timing from the Conservative side is just astounding.

I see a landslide victory for Trump. He might 'trump' Reagan's margins.

I agree with you, for the most part. This will empower him further because he doesn't have to worry. But, that might be his undoing?

This is the best political theater I think I've ever seen, and it's all planned, more than the others. Trump v. Hillary Death Match, oh yeah, even if she's go the email thing (and possible deposition) hovering about. Bernie's hanging in there and doing *well* so...I think I'll make some popcorn.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I don't suppose he could give his delegates to Sanders, could he?

Of course not, they're Republican delegates. I also highly doubt either of them like Sanders at all.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't bet on him, though.

It was more of a rhetorical question, though - they seem to be making the rules up as they go along....
so - until convention day, it could all still be tweaked, right? Or hell, for that matter they could retroactively change the rules, like they supposedly did with HRC's emails.

I'm no fan of hers, though. I'm just bewildered by the surreal strangeness of this election.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
they seem to be making the rules up as they go along....

Maybe, but I think they're just conveniently finding their beloved "loopholes," now that that is all they have left.

I'm just bewildered by the surreal strangeness of this election.

You and I both.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join