It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of the Evangelical GOP: Why Tump Might be the Most Effective President in Decades.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I don't know why people talk about Social Justice as "feelings". There really are people going hungry, homeless, sick and unable to care for themselves. Do you honestly not care at all?

I do, and I don't even like people that much in general. I care far more about abandoned and neglected non-human animals, but I still think it's terrible that people are suffering needlessly.

Capitalists generally couldn't care less about anyone else, though - as long as their bellies are full and their cars are shiny and new and they live in the right zip code, they don't give a TOSS about anyone - including the veterans who have fought for this country.

Yesterday I heard a story about an outfit that bought a few acres of land from the local government and is going to put up "tiny houses" for veterans only. Even their pets are welcome. No veteran will EVER have to pay to live in these little homes, even if they have an income - it's an effort to upgrade them from living in homeless camps made of tents, tarps, cardboard and discarded building materials.

Because, you know - "there, but for the luck of my birth, go I."

Can anyone link this very short video correctly?

It's an animated short about a group of people around an abyss with spoons too long to get to their mouths, but long enough to get to the bowl of food in the center of the abyss....they help each other using their long spoons to reach, help stabilize, and feed each other. Nice.

edit on 5/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Rocker2013

I agree with this whole heartedly, well said.

I just wonder why, why does Trump want to be president. I don't believe he was ever interested in being like the mayor or a council man or a congressman. I think it is about his legacy. He sees an opportunity to reach higher. And the best history making legacy he could leave at this time in history, is making a real change in politics and talking congress into a single payer health care system. All that other stuff, he will just string out for four years.

I think it's a complicated issue, and I really don't want to get into the whole daddy issue thing and his craving for attention, but Trump is an egomaniac. Everything is about perception and power to that man. Everything he does is about attention and adoration, he craves respect from others.

Another side I'm still not certain of is his Democratic party links. No doubt he did say before that he would run as a Republican, because he knew he could dupe them and control them with the most ridiculous nonsense - and he's done exactly that.

He wanted that power and the status and respect that comes with it, and he knew the best way to get there was to pander to the Republican voters with the most basic arguments to get their support. He knew that being reactionary and extreme in his opinions would get a lot of them on his side.

He's played everyone to get to the position he's now in.

So, he wants the job because he has a desperate need to be respected and appreciated, but he calculated his options and used the easiest avenue to get as far as he has, fooling the Conservative voters.

There's also the theory that he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm not buying that entirely. I do think he's a moderate under the surface of it all and he bumblingly used whatever he could to get to where he is, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's doing anything for the betterment of the Democrats, not deliberately.

He's a useful idiot to them, and he's happy to be a useful idiot as long as it's helping him.

Ultimately this is all helping them too, the American public are becoming more liberal, they are rejecting the Republican party, the nonsense Trump has been preaching has separated the herd more than any other politician in recent years and we can see the split happening right before our eyes.

Yea, but I think a sufficiently hard left swing to the center, will be such an embarrassment to the hard right. That the moderate left forgives him.....

Hell, he did a better job of trolling conservative evangelicals then Jon Stewart (assuming my liberal trump theory is true).

Jon Stewart never took the Republican Party from them.....

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here's an effort by some folks right here in Kansas City to help the homeless veterans WHO ARE HOMELESS RIGHT HERE IN KANSAS CITY:

In Kansas City, hundreds of military veterans live without a house, apartment or even a permanent shelter to call home. Many have mental scars that make living in normal society difficult.

But three entrepreneurial veterans are trying to build a solution on a sloping field of grass and trees just east of 89th and Troost in Kansas City.

“We’re looking at four wonderful acres,” says Kevin Jamison, squinting into the sun. “Because it’s not the land, it’s what’s going to be done with the land.”

Jamison, along with his partners in the Veterans Community Project, paid $500 for this land. They bought it from the City Land Bank, and plan to fill it with 45 or 50 little tiny houses.

kcur.org.../0

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm with you, and all of those type things I am cool with.

By feelings I mean a lot of the arguments that go past those things you mentioned.

A lot of the feminist arguments that don't have anything to do with equal pay, exc. such as the weird gymnastics your supposed to do not to apprear sexist or not to glorify the "rape culture". That doesn't exist anymore or less than a "murder culture" does.

Rarely but sometimes, striving for equality has turned the tables, providing unlimited ammo for idiot republicans.

Such as only your race can use racial slurs about that specific race....even if it is the affectionate version...unless it's a white racial slur, then it's no big deal..that's all based on feelings...

Black, female only clubs are cool, but not white or male only..

BET (as a name not content) when you couldn't have WET(white entertainment tv) and shouldn't.

You have to make all of it a crappy thing to do and worth getting fired over, or none of them are...

My vote is they all should be retired.

edit on 5-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I understand. Thanks for the thread.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Trump did to politics what Springer did to daytime talk shows and what FOX did to news.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump did to politics what Springer did to daytime talk shows and what FOX did to news.

LOL, I always think of Springer, when I think of Trump in politics.

At least Springer actually was a mayor. And he's said he knew his show was a show.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join