It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of the Evangelical GOP: Why Tump Might be the Most Effective President in Decades.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert how many LGBT themed posts have been made in the last month?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Undenighablly NOONE has any clue who the real trump is.

My moderate liberal theory might be true??

His crazy conservative persona from his early campaign??

And anything in between.

Hillary is a vote for the status quo....

I could see the GOP burning down over this and a viable option rising from the ashes.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

I really don't care what you want to call what I do or even think about me, but you just proved my point. I'm just one person, not an "infestation of SJWs" as you put it originally. So first you disproved your own conclusion in the very post you brought it up and now you've derailed your own train of thought in order to insult me. You're on a roll here.

PS: You have made me want to respond to threads you enter in moreso than before though.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: Krazysh0t I was referring to you, actually. I can guarantee every time I see an post about an sjw themed issue, there you are, waving their flag no matter how ridiculous it looks.

Can we please just throw "SJW" and "Special Snowflake" into the Hell Fires of Eternity - - never to be heard from again?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Annee

Undenighablly NOONE has any clue who the real trump is.

My moderate liberal theory might be true??

His crazy conservative persona from his early campaign??

And anything in between.

Hillary is a vote for the status quo....

I could see the GOP burning down over this and a viable option rising from the ashes.

I actually think Trump has a certain integrity.

But, his Narcissism is so blatant.

I agree - - "Who is he"?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t I pointed out an example that anyone with a differing opinion will be attacked, and you keep proving my point. The only one derailing a thought process is you and the 5 or 6 people that continually argue against anyone with a non SJW opinion.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I think you're confusing two separate issues here.

The Republican party is a failed party thanks to their stubbornness to stick to the same old religious right-wing nonsense. It's a fact that the public is moving away from this Christian Conservative hegemony and has been for a long time. The Republican party refused to evolve, primarily because it's controlled by an older generation who are totally out of touch with modern thinking. The youth are not voting Republican, the masses are fed up with a party focussed on Guns, God and Government. They want a Conservative party focussed on fiscal conservatism and spending etc - not one preaching about Christian "values" of ignorance and bigotry, attempting to place themselves above others.

The Republicans govern for Republicans and no one else, they waste their time in office creating laws attempting to put Christian, White Conservatives above everyone else, and people are damn fed up with it.

The Tea Party was the first sign that the Republicans were in real trouble, but instead of reforming then and becoming a moderate Conservative party in line with general public attitudes they dug their heels in and refused to give up on their religious quest to control society rather than facilitate it.

The second issue is that Trump has bridged a gap between three different sectors, which isn't hard to do when you're up against what he was up against. He's duped many of the extreme conservatives with his bombastic nonsense about race and religion, he's duped the mindless voter who makes decisions based on emotion rather than intellect (nothing is as pathetic as seeing a rally based on nothing but frat boy chanting of "USA! USA! USA!"), he's duped the anti-establishment voter who is willing to completely overlook the fact that he's a billionaire businessman just because they see him as a "rebel" able to shake things up.

The Republican party was already dead in the water, and he knew it. He took advantage of that and played to various groups on various different points, convincing many of them that while he might not be the best choice, he's better than the others.

The reality of course is that just as Obama played to the notion of "Hope and Change" there is a whole system of government in place preventing him from having "Supreme Leader" status.

If he were to become POTUS, he would not do a fraction of the things his mindless supporters think he can do. Just as Obama disappointed on many issues, so will he. So will anyone taking that position.

I still don't think he has a hope in hell of becoming POTUS. He's far too divisive, he's inexperienced, he's bombastic and reactionary, he's not a diplomat. He might be a rebel, but economies are not stable under rebels as leaders, international relationships do not succeed when you have a man with so much ego in power. The people know this, and it's why they will vote for Bernie or Hillary.

You can whine all you like about Hillary, she is still a better choice for the American people than a "rebel" who would likely separate you from the rest of the world through sheer arrogance and stupidity within a year of becoming POTUS.

And yes, I know plenty of you will claim that this is some kind of good thing, that America should be isolationist in politics, but that's not how you've become global leader or how you will maintain that strong position. If you think you could survive on your own without any international dealings, then you've drank far too much of that nationalistic Kool-Aid.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

This is well said.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Krazysh0t I was referring to you, actually. I can guarantee every time I see an post about an sjw themed issue, there you are, waving their flag no matter how ridiculous it looks.

Can we please just throw "SJW" and "Special Snowflake" into the Hell Fires of Eternity - - never to be heard from again?

Of course not. We can't have a conservative argument without their buzzword insults for the opposition and those are just two of them.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

what will the new focus be for the Democrat smear campaigns?

Greed, same as it ever was. And racism. I just heard a few minutes ago on NPR an author say he thinks Trump's actual appeal is to Angry White Men who, when Trump says "Make America Great Again", hear "Make America White Again."

The guy said it breaks his heart, but that's how he sees it. /shrug

America is changing. It's changing before their eyes and I think that a lot of the angry white men who support Donald Trump have a belief that America has passed them by.

And that people who don't look like them are getting ahead in the new America.

And I think they all understand in some ways that Donald Trump is speaking in a less coded way than some others in the Republican Party, but he's saying Make America white again, not Make America great again. And I think, unfortunately, working class people have bought that. And that's why my heart is broken.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I agree with this whole heartedly, well said.

I just wonder why, why does Trump want to be president. I don't believe he was ever interested in being like the mayor or a council man or a congressman. I think it is about his legacy. He sees an opportunity to reach higher. And the best history making legacy he could leave at this time in history, is making a real change in politics and talking congress into a single payer health care system. All that other stuff, he will just string out for four years.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I think he might also just be hungry to try on the "world leader" shoes - he's been able to do everything he ever wanted to do. Then he decided to do this. So he's doing it.

I think it's been a "fun" thing for him - did he take it seriously at first? I don't know. But now it's serious all right - and if he does just say, "I was just messin' with ya, I don't want to be POTUS, I have far more fun doing other things" at the convention, that will be the icing on the cake. Wow. Talk about trolling the GOP and conservative, frightened angry Americans.

I noticed a marked difference in his tone on Tuesday evening in Indiana, in his victory speech - suddenly much more moderate, conciliatory, even saying "Lyin' Ted" is "a good guy." He's such a blow-hard! I think when he's got a yuuuge crowd in front of him, the cheering is just like a sort of trigger and he starts bellowing whatever comes into his head just to see what they do. He could say anything, and they would cheer. ANYTHING - like, "mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy" and they'd cheer, although what they'd "hear" would be:

"Mairzeydotes andozeydotes anliddle ambzy divey" -- "a kiddlee divey too, wouldn't you?" And they'd cheer.

Seriously, I wonder if the rest of the world leaders are given a private hearing as to who THEY want for POTUS - it seems far more relevant to the global world reality of day to day business what they think and who they would like us to "hire" than what average Americans want.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Maybe the "non-SJW" opinions are just plain obnoxious to some people's ears and they want to state their case, too.

You don't like it? Tough.
You want a safe space to be a conservative? You could go to TheBlaze, sign up - then you, too, can insult "SJWs" to your heart's content!
Share some virtual back-slapping and high-fives with people just like you!!! Just be aware that hundreds of millions of educated and thoughtful people would still disagree with you. They just won't be on there to interrupt you and say so.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I agree with this whole heartedly, well said.

I just wonder why, why does Trump want to be president. I don't believe he was ever interested in being like the mayor or a council man or a congressman. I think it is about his legacy. He sees an opportunity to reach higher. And the best history making legacy he could leave at this time in history, is making a real change in politics and talking congress into a single payer health care system. All that other stuff, he will just string out for four years.

I think it's a complicated issue, and I really don't want to get into the whole daddy issue thing and his craving for attention, but Trump is an egomaniac. Everything is about perception and power to that man. Everything he does is about attention and adoration, he craves respect from others.

Another side I'm still not certain of is his Democratic party links. No doubt he did say before that he would run as a Republican, because he knew he could dupe them and control them with the most ridiculous nonsense - and he's done exactly that.

He wanted that power and the status and respect that comes with it, and he knew the best way to get there was to pander to the Republican voters with the most basic arguments to get their support. He knew that being reactionary and extreme in his opinions would get a lot of them on his side.

He's played everyone to get to the position he's now in.

So, he wants the job because he has a desperate need to be respected and appreciated, but he calculated his options and used the easiest avenue to get as far as he has, fooling the Conservative voters.

There's also the theory that he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm not buying that entirely. I do think he's a moderate under the surface of it all and he bumblingly used whatever he could to get to where he is, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's doing anything for the betterment of the Democrats, not deliberately.

He's a useful idiot to them, and he's happy to be a useful idiot as long as it's helping him.

Ultimately this is all helping them too, the American public are becoming more liberal, they are rejecting the Republican party, the nonsense Trump has been preaching has separated the herd more than any other politician in recent years and we can see the split happening right before our eyes.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

If trump swings hard left and wins the election, then does a fairly good job. It will be the death of the social issue oriented conservative movement and a make America a better place for years to com.....

There's a part of me that hopes he does win - especially if it's Clinton he's up against (
)

- it would shatter Capitol Hill's glass house and gilded podiums for sure - turn the entire world order on its head - and possibly (POSSIBLY) patch together a way for America to function again.
As for the Evangelicals losing the spotlight - that's been a loooong time overdue. In my opinion.

The "Wall"? Not gonna happen. He knows it. It's funny how the Conservative Right salivates every time they hear him harping on it, just like the Evangelicals keep harping on "the second coming" and "the rapture." They're just excited about seeing some brown people humiliated.
LOL
edit on 5/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: it isn't funny, really. Evangelicals aren't funny at all, but their demise surely is!

What would be the ultimate hoot of all hoots? If he runs as an Independent, and has Bernie as a VP. Or runs as Bernie's VP.
Could happen!!!
There - that'll give some people nightmares just to think about...because - it COULD happen - and far stranger things have already happened in this election cycle. If I were the screenwriter, I would work that in to the denouement for sure!! What a cliff-hanger!!

edit on 5/5/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t I pointed out an example that anyone with a differing opinion will be attacked, and you keep proving my point. The only one derailing a thought process is you and the 5 or 6 people that continually argue against anyone with a non SJW opinion.

I'm sorry SJW??

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Social Justice "Warriors" - it's the new derogatory pejorative for liberals. We actually spend time and energy thinking about others and how to help society. In my case, I happen to have a Masters in Social Welfare, and wear the label proudly - Social Workers are "change agents."

Generally not very popular among closed-minded, poorly educated, greedy capitalist Christian types. LOL!! As if Jesus wasn't the ultimate SJW. Not sure how the Conservative Christian Right's cognitive dissonance works though - it's a strange neurosis indeed. (I was a clinical therapist and case manager before "retiring" - how people "think" and "behave" fascinates me. It also really pisses me off sometimes.)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

If trump swings hard left and wins the election, then does a fairly good job. It will be the death of the social issue oriented conservative movement and a make America a better place for years to com.....

There's a part of me that hopes he does win - especially if it's Clinton he's up against (
)

- it would shatter Capitol Hill's glass house and gilded podiums for sure - turn the entire world order on its head - and possibly (POSSIBLY) patch together a way for America to function again.
As for the Evangelicals losing the spotlight - that's been a loooong time overdue. In my opinion.

The "Wall"? Not gonna happen. He knows it. It's funny how the Conservative Right salivates every time they hear him harping on it, just like the Evangelicals keep harping on "the second coming" and "the rapture." They're just excited about seeing some brown people humiliated.
LOL

What would be the ultimate hoot of all hoots? If he runs as an Independent, and has Bernie as a VP. Or runs as Bernie's VP.
Could happen!!!
There - that'll give some people nightmares just to think about...because - it COULD happen - and far stranger things have already happened in this election cycle. If I were the screenwriter, I would work that in to the denouement for sure!! What a cliff-hanger!!

See I think he keeps the wall..

A) it's what got him the spotlight which led to the nomination...

B) it is the ultimate "narcissistic legacy". Just like every Roman Empire, he will want his mark on America, and that would be here for centuries.

So I think he trades it all for the wall...

Single payer? Give me my wall

Min wage hike? Give me my wall

Every single social issue? Give me my wall..

A wall does provide ALOT. Of short term jobs. So I don't care if they build one, especially if all the social issues go left..

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Social Justice "Warriors" - it's the new derogatory pejorative for liberals. We actually spend time and energy thinking about others and how to help society. In my case, I happen to have a Masters in Social Welfare, and wear the label proudly - Social Workers are "change agents."

Generally not very popular among closed-minded, poorly educated, greedy capitalist Christian types. LOL!! As if Jesus wasn't the ultimate SJW. Not sure how the Conservative Christian Right's cognitive dissonance works though - it's a strange neurosis indeed. (I was a clinical therapist and case manager before "retiring" - how people "think" and "behave" fascinates me. It also really pisses me off sometimes.)

Ok gotcha...I'm cool with all the SJW issues that are not 100% based on feelings lol. Feelings are subjective and really hard to measure.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

)

LOL

Could happen!!!

I think Colin Powell would be his best bet.
Highest decorated still living African American in the military, and he has not played ball with the crazy conservative stuff.

Or

Rand Paul obviously he grabs a lot of the center.

Or

A Bernie sanders locks it up too, for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join