It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of the Evangelical GOP: Why Tump Might be the Most Effective President in Decades.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: introvert Its actually infested with SJWs. No one can have a negative opinion, or post an article on any issue that they are up in arms about without the same couple of posters attacking them.

Then why do the pro-Right Wing threads and posts garner the most popularity?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert Its actually infested with SJWs. No one can have a negative opinion, or post an article on any issue that they are up in arms about without the same couple of posters attacking them.

That's just evidence that the people on the left can hold their own, but even you just pointed out that it is the same few people on each thread. Which of course signals that there aren't that many. They are just highly vocal. You literally just proved yourself wrong with your own words.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
People talk about how Trump is "anti-establishment," and how they could never support any candidate (except for Trump, of course) because "the government is too corrupt, and candidate X is going to make it bigger," except for - of course - Donald Trump.

Donald will magically shake his wand and fix everything!

This goes to show the state of the GOP, and why it's hard me for me to support such a group of clowns. All of these conservatives who are upset with the GOP, are now praising the GOP because they got "their boy," in it.

This is political pandering 101, folks - and you guys are eating it up. In one hand many Trump supporters hold a sign saying "I don't support my tyrannical government!," whilst in the other hand holding a sign saying "Vote for Donald Trump and support the tyrannical government!"

And the only reassurances given are, "but this time, it'll be different! Trump is an outsider! He's anti-establishment! He's going to magically fix all of our problems! He's going to give America a free wall!"

Trump can't handle protesters, news reporters, yet he's going to lead this nation? Hahahahahahah, now that's funny.

Trump is about as anti-establishment as Hilary Clinton is against being a corporate-chickenhawk. They talk the talk and tell you what they want to hear, but they lie.

I'm just absolutely amazed that every four years - Americans are stupid enough to believe what these people have to say. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are running for POTUS for them - not for you. They don't give a # you. They will tell you in the most grandiloquent ways, the most elegant and articulated speeches to convince you of their altruistic ventures, you'd better believe this. But to actually believe the spewing lies that come out of their mouths?

Well, clearly - Americans collectively suffer from sort of amnesia or Stockholm syndrome (or possibly both), because no matter what - there is always a push from both Republicans and Democrats alike that, "this time, it'll be different! Vote for X and let's take our country back!"

I just don't understand how people can continuously buy into the hook-line-sinker year after year. People preach of government incompetence and corruption yet scream the absolute loudest that voting someone in to said incompetent and corrupt government is the only to fix all of these problems.

Wake up, you're being played.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No one? You sure about that?

Have you tried considering practicing speech in a "safe space?"

No differing opinions allowed.

By the way, at one point in time, many of us on ATS were "social justice warriors," as if that's even a bad thing.

You'd better believe that I stand up for and believe in things such as equality, Liberty, Justice, and truth. If that makes me a "social justice warrior," then so be it.

You folks seem to enjoy just bitching for the sake of bitching.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Trump comes along and fills that extremist void and people cling to it for dear life. They now have what they believe to be a candidate that represents that propaganda-driven, hard Right political view.

Part of me hopes that what Trump is doing is deliberate: running as such a extreme and controversial candidate and then getting the nomination to show how rabid the majority of the Republican Party truly is.

It would be the greatest joke ever played.

Sadly, Trump, being such a narcissist and egoist, it's feeding those two elements and growing them.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Should we just rename ATS to Trump?

Funny, but now you are also scaring me.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

What would be really funny is if he picks an establishment VP, happens to win the election and then resigns immediately. Just so he can say that he won the presidency.

Trolls be trollin'.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I already hear the bombs flying our way....now its just a matter of time.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I think trump is good for the country.
I don't mean he will be a good or bad president but he will shake up both political parties.

The GOP needs to learn that the people don't want to be governed by a man with a bible in one hand and a list of values in the other.

The Dems need to learn that being politically correct is not the most important thing and raising taxes will not fix everything.

Politicians have not changed with the American people and trump is the result.

If he wins the election, I think you are right

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What would be really funny is if he picks an establishment VP, happens to win the election and then resigns immediately. Just so he can say that he won the presidency.

Trolls be trollin'.

I've considered that, too.

Win the nomination (or even win the presidency), then just say, "Nope, it was a a joke. I proved my point. See ya!"

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Trump comes along and fills that extremist void and people cling to it for dear life. They now have what they believe to be a candidate that represents that propaganda-driven, hard Right political view.

A candidate who is so far from Libertarian that he might as well bleed blue.

To me Trump is an Elitist.

I think he sees everyone not on his accepted level as losers.

I heard a weird psyc evaluation in trump.

He was born crazy upper class. But some how became what you get when a lower middle class person wins the lottery.

Most people born with 100 million dollar trust funds don't plaster their buildings with their name in golden neon lights. That's tacky. However, that is exactly what I would do with money lol. :p

That's what gives him his "charm".

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

He was born crazy upper class. But some how became what you get when a lower middle class person wins the lottery.

Most people born with 100 million dollar trust funds don't plaster their buildings with their name in golden neon lights. That's tacky. However, that is exactly what I would do with money lol. :p

Charm?

As I've said, I have a brother who states things like: "When you agree with me, then you'll know you're right".

It's not charming.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So if the "Christian" and the "Evangelical" emphasis gets down graded, what will the new focus be for the Democrat smear campaigns?

You can believe trump is a true believer and down played them if you want, lol. But I'm betting they are being removed.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Youre right about that, but he's beyond moderate, hes a flaming Liberal.

Trump has endorsed and promoted every Liberal position from gun control to abortion to Obamacare.

And hes still doing it:

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.

GOP debate: Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood a second time.

Although he is a vowed Liberal, he knew that a rich guy would have a tough time getting the Democratic nomination.

Here are our choices this November:

Hillary Clinton or a male version of Hillary Clinton who loves the police state but hates Mexicans and Moslems.

"A not bought and paid for slightly more liberal than Hillary president, who will build a wall...."

It will be his legacy..like Hadrian's wall or the colosseum.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Trump won the nomination because the Right Wing propaganda had spun out of control and it created a section of the Right Wing that was too extreme, even or the GOP. They felt like the GOP was too far Left and they began to break apart from the party. That is why we have seen a rise in Republicans calling themselves Libertarians.

But what if he is faking to eliminate the competition on the right, and comes out and says as much?!?!

Then we all have a good laugh at how the Right Wing got trolled.

I laugh because I think they got trolled no matter what.

But it should win him a net gain in votes.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
People talk about how Trump is "anti-establishment," and how they could never support any candidate (except for Trump, of course) because "the government is too corrupt, and candidate X is going to make it bigger," except for - of course - Donald Trump.

Donald will magically shake his wand and fix everything!

This goes to show the state of the GOP, and why it's hard me for me to support such a group of clowns. All of these conservatives who are upset with the GOP, are now praising the GOP because they got "their boy," in it.

This is political pandering 101, folks - and you guys are eating it up. In one hand many Trump supporters hold a sign saying "I don't support my tyrannical government!," whilst in the other hand holding a sign saying "Vote for Donald Trump and support the tyrannical government!"

And the only reassurances given are, "but this time, it'll be different! Trump is an outsider! He's anti-establishment! He's going to magically fix all of our problems! He's going to give America a free wall!"

Trump can't handle protesters, news reporters, yet he's going to lead this nation? Hahahahahahah, now that's funny.

Trump is about as anti-establishment as Hilary Clinton is against being a corporate-chickenhawk. They talk the talk and tell you what they want to hear, but they lie.

I'm just absolutely amazed that every four years - Americans are stupid enough to believe what these people have to say. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are running for POTUS for them - not for you. They don't give a # you. They will tell you in the most grandiloquent ways, the most elegant and articulated speeches to convince you of their altruistic ventures, you'd better believe this. But to actually believe the spewing lies that come out of their mouths?

Well, clearly - Americans collectively suffer from sort of amnesia or Stockholm syndrome (or possibly both), because no matter what - there is always a push from both Republicans and Democrats alike that, "this time, it'll be different! Vote for X and let's take our country back!"

I just don't understand how people can continuously buy into the hook-line-sinker year after year. People preach of government incompetence and corruption yet scream the absolute loudest that voting someone in to said incompetent and corrupt government is the only to fix all of these problems.

Wake up, you're being played.

I am neither conservative or republican. I am as liberal as they come without buying into the over emotional
Stuff.

The thing with Trump is, he has won AND doesn't owe anyone a thing. The normal debts you have to pay, (bending the knee to fox news, the establishment exc.) and knowing you owe your place to their backing, doesn't effect Trump...

He doesn't owe anyone and can't be bought.

It's just is he really a total baffoon??

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

well it's the reason he is viewed as "average joe" and not elitist billionaire.

W
Charm?

As I've said, I have a brother who states things like: "When you agree with me, then you'll know you're right".

It's not charming.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

well it's the reason he is viewed as "average joe" and not elitist billionaire.

W
Charm?

It's not charming.

Let's just say I have other perspectives on why people support Trump.

Buyer Beware!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Trolls be trollin'.

I've considered that, too.

Win the nomination (or even win the presidency), then just say, "Nope, it was a a joke. I proved my point. See ya!"

If he really wanted to win he would pick Colin Powell (doubtful he would..)

But again I think he picks some one left...

Or maybe rand Paul.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t I was referring to you, actually. I can guarantee every time I see an post about an sjw themed issue, there you are, waving their flag no matter how ridiculous it looks. Don't kid yourself, you cannot hold your own more than anyone else, and my point was not that there were many, but that there were several loud ones, yourself included constantly trying to start arguments. You call it "holding your own," lets just call it what it is; trolling an opinion opposite yours for flags and stars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join