It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: NIC Shares Vision Of War On Terror In 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The release of "project 2020" by the National Intelligence Council has revealed some disturbing projections for the future. Project 2020 predicts what has been characterized as a "competitive" future, perhaps sugar coating economic and political truths. Less sugar coating was invested on projections for the war on terror. According to the NIC we can expect "an increasingly Orwellian world" thanks to security measures, while new decentralized terror organizations are able to remain "hopeful" for their goals.

news.yahoo.com
The unclassified forecasts offer a range of scenarios about the world 15 years out. Officials caution they are not meant to be predictions certain to come true but rather long-term outlooks designed to stimulate debate at the start of a new administration, in the works months before President Bush (news - web sites) won.

In a 120-page glossy book, the council also offers four fictional, but possible, scenarios to illustrate points

_ In a series of text messages, illegal arms dealers reveal their worries about an increasingly Orwellian world, with heightened intrusiveness and monitoring by countries spooked by terror attacks. "I worry about the chip," one dealer says.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Am I the only one who plans to obtain a copy of this book and read it? The NIC is waving it right in our faces that they expect Security measures to approach the level of chip implants even while terrorist organizations become virtually untargetable through decentralization. I don't mean to alarm you, but it's time to get alarmed.

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The book is available on the website in PDF format...no need to buy it.
www.foia.cia.gov...

And, coming from an entity within the government or associated with part of the government makes it all that more disturbing.

new topics

join