It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My respect for Cruz just went up.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: MrSpad
Cruz simply saw the writing on the wall. Getting past Trump was going to be near impossible and the general election is going to see the GOP take a terrible beating. Better to let Trump get the blame for that. Trump will be blamed for the disaster and Cruz will step up in the GOP as the guy who tried to stop him. If the party survives he likely will have found himself in a stronger position in the party as the anti Trump. That is of course unless the GOP is retaken by the moderates that have been deserting the party en mass. They will hold Cruz in no better regard than they did Trump. Although I think the moderates are not coming back. So likely we will see an ultra conservative GOP with people like Cruz at its top. Cruz knows the political game.

So your saying the 'moderates' will be in Hillary's camp??? Now there's a stretch.

The moderates that want to keep high paying jobs in the U.S.? Affordable health care? The disaster that is free trade? et al.

I see a lot of room for moderate support. I don't see it for Hillary. I don't even see Bernie supporters backing Hillary.

Yessir, all those paid protestors are absolutely sure Hillary has this in the bag. No fear from the left whatsoever.....

I am not saying it the moderates are. We have seen Trump losing in the general election since polling started at the beginning of the primaries. Trump has problems in the GOP base who say they will defect in small numbers but, mostly stay home and he polls at the lowest levels ever seen with general electorate. Why all the sudden Trump people want abandon the polls when they have been right the entire time simply shows a desperate hope has no backing in reality.

When you look at the electoral map, the solid blue states almost get any DNC candidate to the needed number alone, needing only one of the key battle ground states. And GOP candidate with the solid red states needs to take almost all the battle ground states to reach the magic number.

When you look at state by state polling Clinton maintains a solid lead in all the traditional blue states she also holds leads to different degrees in every battle ground state except Indiana. She needs to only take FL, OH, or NC all places where she leads Trump. When you look at Trump he holds most of the red states with solid leads but, places like Georgia and Arizona he only has small leads in. And Clinton was showing a small lead in Utah. All those have to be solid red so Trump can focus on winning all the battle ground states.

All Clinton has to do to win is hold her solid blue states and one of the battle ground states. She is of course going to try and sweep the battle ground states and take a couple red states as well and has a good chance at doing it.

This is why everybody is predicting the worst GOP loss in history, not to mention Trumps polls with highest disapproval rating of any Presidential Candidate ever.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am pretty sure Cruz was pressured to drop out by party officials to give the party a chance to unite.

Cruz was desperate the last days. They probably told him he needs to end it if he loses Indiana.

If he had his way, he would have kept going.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Cruz simply saw the writing on the wall. Getting past Trump was going to be near impossible and the general election is going to see the GOP take a terrible beating. Better to let Trump get the blame for that. Trump will be blamed for the disaster and Cruz will step up in the GOP as the guy who tried to stop him. If the party survives he likely will have found himself in a stronger position in the party as the anti Trump. That is of course unless the GOP is retaken by the moderates that have been deserting the party en mass. They will hold Cruz in no better regard than they did Trump. Although I think the moderates are not coming back. So likely we will see an ultra conservative GOP with people like Cruz at its top. Cruz knows the political game.

I see what you are saying, the only thing is, some senior GOP members have said they wouldn't back Trump in any which way.

It's a pity that Kasich has gone, he seems a pretty capable man, has done well for Ohio, halving the employment rate to below the national average, ridding their debt since 2011. Meh! maybe that's to boring for some.
One of the youngest people to become a congressman, and an impressive active record in government, and fscally kept an eye on everybody, and now still relatively young at 63, A pity.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

You must be a hermit.

Several people I have met recently are not worthy of my respect. I wasted time and breath with each of them.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

i wish, i have three ladys always up in my sh****t, i love them all to death, but i wonder somtimes "what if i just went to my home mountains and lived the hermit life"?

im pretty sure i would end up missing them, but i would have a good of peace

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am hoping that Cruz dropping out is opening the door for an independent run, saving his campaign millions of dollars in the primary so that he'll have that money and resources ready for the general election. In my heart, I don't believe this is a unifying move. I'm probably wrong, but...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

This is why everybody is predicting the worst GOP loss in history, not to mention Trumps polls with highest disapproval rating of any Presidential Candidate ever.

`An amazing statement. "Everyone'.

You claim it's 'not you' who says it, yet quote it as if it was gospel. Of course, if it was true, there would be no point in you posting it.....a waste of one's time, cough, cough,

Keep on with this sermon, perhaps all those massive and adoring supporters of Hillary will see voting as a waste of time....after all. Hillary has it in the bag..

P.S. you've hung your hat on the disapproval polls for weeks now. The electoral college will decide this and despite your sources I'd bet Trump OWNS N.Y..

Are you related to the Clintons??.....

edit on 4-5-2016 by nwtrucker because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join