It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I guess it's a fear of absolute nothingness. Unpredictability is scary but, I hope what's ahead will at least suck, at least it's some sort of awareness. I can't remember before I was born, hopefully it doesn't just end.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Dear god, can you imagine the horror of this used as a weapon? You could torture and kill someone over and over..................

And we thought waterboarding was bad.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Dear god, can you imagine the horror of this used as a weapon? You could torture and kill someone over and over..................

And we thought waterboarding was bad.

That's a good point.

This could also used to revive criminals just enough to question them. It will be like some Fringe episode.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This is getting so dark. I wonder if it would deter murderers if the victim could be brought back just long enough to reveal who killed them?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

That would be crazy but it would serve the purpose of catching the criminal. Here's the part on Fringe where they interrogated a dead woman. Hopefully, if this is a success it brings people back fully and not partially which would be pretty ghoulish.

edit on 8-5-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It reminds me of the first seconds of this Clip. And the rest gives pause as to maybe why...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

This is getting so dark. I wonder if it would deter murderers if the victim could be brought back just long enough to reveal who killed them?

If I was murdered & then temporarily brought back, I wouldn't care about revealing my murderer. I'd probably focus on relaying to my family all of accounts, passwords, locations of my possessions, last goodbyes, etc. And depending on how long it would last, I'd demand a favorite food or drink, access to the internet (unless there was time for a quick trip), etc.

In other words, I doubt the recently deceased would have the same priorities that we're expecting. Depending on how long the revival lasted, there would probably be deals to close, credit cards to max, people to "enjoy", drugs to try, etc. I just can't imagine it going the way tv shows and the morbid among us portray it.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

More over; If we could bring people back easily, then Murder/death will seem less tragic thereby lessening the impact and sentencing for such crimes.

Temporary Manslaughter

Temporary First Degree murder

Maybe its just a misdemeanor by then?
edit on 5112016 by Butterfinger because: ideas

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yikes - and if the doctors failed to revive the dead person they'd be culpable and get a stiffer sentence than the temporary murderer.

Might be about time to go out and get a law degree, there'll be money to be made out of this

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh boy now we will have a zombie apocalypse!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Sounds about as promising as this guy, only more sophisticated and elaborate:

Wish I had a video about Bishop Berkeley's tar-water cure for everything you can think of as well. The cure that was recommended by all the top physicians for a couple of centuries after and during Berkeley's lifetime that causes symptoms similar to carbolic acid poisoning acknowledged by the Encyclopaedia Britannica even while people were still drinking and recommending it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone ha the experience we have in our family with someone whom died after a heart attack but was revived after a period of just over 12 minutes dead?

Yes he's alive, but no he is not who he was, someone diluted down so much from his original personality has come back and he is so vulnerable and shocked some 8 months after this death, that I have to ask whether they really know the result of bringing people back?

If you have been brain dead for so long, your relatives and loved ones of course are desperate for you to come back to them, but I just wonder if the trauma and shock of this can be got over - is this actually a fantastic kindness or just experimental work to do a range of different types of research on? Sure it will shed light on stem cell research but visiting a brain rehabilitation research you see the problems people are living with from brain injury and also the lack of stimulation to their brains .

I do wish them well with this research because it will probably open up other doors, but I hope they are fully aware of how death affects at least some of 'the returned'.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Don't worry, they aren't even close to the success they're describing in the title of the article. It's just marketing something sensational that is actually rather uninteresting. But hey, it uses the term "stem cells", must be something cool and enlightening now that they used that term. I guess they justified their research grants again.

Next up, more stories about the multiverse and the 127th dimension. Or were we at 128 already?

edit on 27-5-2016 by whereislogic because: edit

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Why in God's name would you want to raise the dead? My father and brother suffered terribly in the end.

This is just plain stupid. Let the dead rest. They've earned it. Dying is hard work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join