It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News projects Sanders to win Indiana Democratic primary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

She's been working for the public most of her life.
a reply to: Sillyolme

That may be in her early years, but now she's catering to the banks. Any politician that's already a millionaire who receives 250,000 for wall street speaking fees, and whose campaign is financed by millions of dollars from corporations, certainly is self-serving and is definitely not working for the public's interest. If her $250 thousand speeches actually showed any concern for the public or the poor why didn't she release them? It would only have helped her campaign! There's a lot of celebrities and well known people who don't receive anything near the amount she got for speeches. Don't fool yourself, these bankers are getting something in return for those speaking fees. Lets also not ignore the obscene amount of money she charged for her campaign fundraising dinners! You can bet your last dollar there were no poor or average struggling Americans present at that dinner!

Free college will bankrupt the nation.

...and enormous student debt and defaults won't bankrupt the nation? Bernie wants corporations to finance education in this country. They're the ones who benefit from a competent and technically trained public! If education can be free in France and Germany, I'm sure the leader of the free world can also put educating it's public as a number one priority. Without an educated and competent work force, we'll become a 3rd world nation.

Raising taxes is miniscule compared to paying monthly school loans of $250 - $700 dollars a month! It's the same thing with health care. Countries who have free health care, citizens are paying higher taxes but they certainly don't pay office co-pays of $50 or more per office visit, and pay insurance premiums of $200 - $800 a month!

Lets stop acting like Bernie is giving away the store. He's eliminating huge monthly student loans and premium healthcare payments with an increase in taxes which in the end will benefit everyone. Insurance companies will no longer over rule your doctor, or decide what they are willing to pay for. It's morally wrong to put a dollar amount on saving a life. It's also a basic human right to provide care for your fellow man.

Education and healthcare shouldn't only be for the rich.

edit on 4-5-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Ya know I don't mind paying taxes as thats the only way our system will work. I don't mind paying more taxes if its for a legitimately good cause, like education and o an extent healthcare.

With that said before we swallow a more tax pill how about we hold our elected officials accountable for the taxes we already pay? I am sure there are areas we can cut and shift funding. I am sure there are a crap ton of areas where there is overlap at the federal AND state level.

Lets get things in order and then look at what needs better funding and go from there.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

While senator she worked for recognition of health issues in 911 first responders. Getting the attention they needed to get help. The firefighters of N.Y. gave her special recognition for her work.
While first lady she implemented a childrens health insurance program that is still in existences today.
She really is a compassionate lady who cares about people. I know ill get a barrage of oh yeah well the b-__th did this or she's a liar or she's going to jail. I know I'm way outnumbered here
That wont prevent me from supporting her. Her ideas are sound. Not crazy. They're planned and well thought out. She's been dealing with our allies and with washington and she knows the roaps and the players. She's respected by world leaders.
As far as banks go there hasn't been any connection between donations and special favors. Not at any time.
edit on 542016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I won't have to. But if by some horrific twist of fate that happens then yes I will.
And you?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Most of the campaign money goes down party after expenses. Paying for advertising isn't cheap. She has raised a lot of money but it's not her money. It goes to senators and congressmen to pay for their campaigns so unless you take issue with the whole democratic party I don't understand the problem. They haven't gotten anything out of it so far.And those speeches at GS were after she was Secretary of state and before she put her that in the ring . That was her money but she didn't have a position to influence anything then.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

With that said before we swallow a more tax pill how about we hold our elected officials accountable for the taxes we already pay? I am sure there are areas we can cut and shift funding. I am sure there are a crap ton of areas where there is overlap at the federal AND state level.

I totally agree. We're spending trillions of dollars on our military and black project budgets. Billions on overseas bases, military occupations and conflicts. Billions on foreign aid. Millions on pork barrel projects. Excessive salaries and pensions for "career politicians." It about time the public gets a return on their tax investment. Cutting the excessive waste in government and redirecting that money back to the taxpayer to help pay for healthcare and education is also a big part of it. Who knows, if enough cuts are made and more waste eliminated the tax increase to support these important programs could be minimum.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

From what I've seen, the Hillary campaign isn't sharing anything with down ticket Democrat parties. When Hillary lost in Alaska, she took every penny.

I happen to have a unique way of knowing this FACT.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

As far as banks go there hasn't been any connection between donations and special favors. Not at any time.

A lot of her speeches were made to banks and Wall Street. If she doesn't have anything to hide in her speeches, why doesn't she make the transcripts public? Bernie submitted his speech transcripts. She used that statement about not turning over her speech transcripts until all the other candidates did was simply a tactic to avoid submitting them for public review.

As far as favors go, in the political arena favors are seldom exposed to the public.

Here's a short 2 minute video of Hillary's connection to banks. It's from Free Speech TV, which does a lot of unbiased documentaries and reporting.

Hillary Clinton and The Big Banks

edit on 5-5-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join