It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Cruz drops out of the Presidential race, all the attention now on John Kasich

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Ohanka

Here's one that was recently released by one of his Super Pacs... the fool-aid is on full tap.

Wow, I'm actually embarrassed for him, and ashamed a little bit too.

However I think this is a perfect example of the general mental state of the bulk of our society. They live in their own world. Cherry picking facts and imagining complicated scenarios in order to reinforce their own delusions. I guess he truly is a representative of the people.
edit on 4-5-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

If they can do that they can also turn around and give them to Jeb Bush. Why not. If a loser is going to get them anyway?
Kaisich couldn't make it in the primaries. The silence from the right is deafening. Why hand it over to the guy who came in last?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Wait, but I thought Trump was anti-establishment, right? If so, he wouldn't dare pick an establishment VP like Mr. Ohio, right? Wouldn't that upset his supporters?

No, because he's said ALL ALONG that he wanted an insider for his VP.....

Love him or hate him, he does have the ability to surround himself with people who are good at what they do.
I have no doubt he'll do the same if President.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: The angel of light
I wouldn't underestimate John Kasich in this moment...

Never bet on a loser because you think his luck is going to change.

But, it worked for Brad Pitt In Money Ball?!?!?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Completely relieved there is no chance in hell for that idiot to be my president.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
But, it worked for Brad Pitt In Money Ball?!?!?

Did it? The Yankees beat their brains in during the playoffs.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not even a consideration now, he just dropped...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

He is "suspending" his campaign, as did Cruz.

They will both still appear on the remaining ballots until they formally drop out. And it seems that if they don't formally drop out before the convention, then they can direct their delegates to any candidate they want.

I cannot see them directing their delegates to Trump. I still feel like there could be some shenanigans underway.

Link
edit on 4-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, the official drop out speech of John Kasich is today at 5pm from Columbus, Ohio, is not yet done but the content is pretty well known, he is dropping primarily due to serious finance problems to continue ahead, and in this way it is clear that the nomination will go to Donald Trump, either if you like him or you hate him.

www.msn.com...

Now, the great question is what the Anti Trump Republicans, that are so many, are going to do? it seems there is a great speculation on the possibility that they will move toward a Democratic candidate before to even consider to endorse or support Donald Trump.

We know that Ted Cruz Followers are more likely to be conservatives so their only choice is by sure Hillary Clinton, but the followers of Marco Rubio and John Kasich include also many Center and Liberal Republicans that may feel attracted by Bernie Sanders.

Anti Trump Republicans comfront a so Serious Dilemma

Another question is what is going to happen if an independent third candidate suddenly appears in the Presidential election? that is another hypothetical scenario that may give options to the so many disappointed voters that don't find way to express their will with the current options.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/4/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Or they'll vote Trump because as a Republican official said(and the reasoning behind Cruz's leaving supposedly) the Republicans need to unite behind Trump.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, the official drop out speech of John Kasich is today at 5pm from Columbus, Ohio, is not yet done but the content is pretty well known, he is dropping primarily due to serious finance problems to continue ahead, and in this way it is clear that the nomination will go to Donald Trump, either if you like him or you hate him.

www.msn.com...

He will be suspending his campaign regardless of the particulars of his speech. He cannot formally drop out until all his debts are paid.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I can't honestly believe that Kasich is still even in the race. He seems like a joke to me. Haven't watched any of it in some time, but early on, he just didn't strike me as having even a faint hope. I don't really want him as a VP, either.

If Trump is smart, he'll talk to Cruz about that. That could bring in a lot more support.

Kasich is certainly not a joke, but it's immaterial now if he has also quit, or is taking stock. I didn't think he would do that.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

I had to come to update and see you beat me to it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Dear smurfy, I agree with you, I also didn't expect that.

I personally think John Kasich has committed the worst political error of his career, he had in his hands a unique opportunity that never arrives twice in life.

I think he was overwhelmed with the huge responsibility to lead the Anti Trump current in the GOP, not sure how he was going to do it with really few funding, but he was short of sight to see the possibilties.

He must wait longer, to make inquiries with the Bush Family, with Mit Romney or with John McCain or with Ryan Paul. It is incredible that a man that just a month ago received the so important endorsement of Arnold Schwazeggeneger that assured his victory in California decided to drop out in this way.

Within just few hours of his dropping off speech notice that Presidents George H. Bush and George W. Bush, the only two Republican former Presidents alive, said that they will never take part in any Trump Campaign at all.

news.sky.com...

www.cnn.com...

Now, suspension of Campaign is not exactly the same that dropping out completely, that is something also to medidate, and both Cruz and Kasich technically have just suspended theirs.

Anyway the calendar of the incoming primaries and caucuses is still running, there is no reason to suppose that they are not going to take place if the people that belongs to the base of the GOP wants to go and vote, I think they are the ones that have the last word to say if this internal selection of the candidate is already over or Not. I would wait for more reactions among the leaders of the Anti Trump movement to see what is going to happen before to assume Trump has won.

I don't think Donald Trump has the ability to heal all the injuries he opened in this campaign with other sectors of the GOP, there is no way to repair his so many insults, some of them terribly disloyal, disrespectful and even unfair, not only against his opponents running for the nomination but as he did with Mit Romney, John McCain and even the Bushes.

Trump's Campaign against the Democratic Nominee will be the most lonely ever in the History of the Republican party.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 5/5/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I can't honestly believe that Kasich is still even in the race. He seems like a joke to me. Haven't watched any of it in some time, but early on, he just didn't strike me as having even a faint hope. I don't really want him as a VP, either.

If Trump is smart, he'll talk to Cruz about that. That could bring in a lot more support.

Kasich is certainly not a joke, but it's immaterial now if he has also quit, or is taking stock. I didn't think he would do that.

The way he talked in the first debate (the only one I bothered watching), he sounded ridiculous, as far as I am concerned. At this point, though, it's all irrelevant, since he's dropped.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join