It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Cruz drops out of the Presidential race, all the attention now on John Kasich

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I am an independent, have thought Kaschich was the only true candidate from the start.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Cruz has been looking at the pollsters, or just realised something profound. The TIPP poll, out yesterday did say that Kasich would be the only beatable choice against Hilary Clinton. The hard bit would have been for Kasich to be the ultimate Republican nominee, however Trump remained the most unfavourable choice by a big margin all round.

There's not much left then. Bernie the bolt on the Democratic side, might not garner as much support on his AGW/Climate Change/Fill in this space..stance either, as some may think.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Wait, but I thought Trump was anti-establishment, right? If so, he wouldn't dare pick an establishment VP like Mr. Ohio, right?

Wouldn't that upset his supporters?

yeah, I was joking.
Wait, are you joking back?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Kasich will not drop out of the Race until someone stops Feeding him . Voters just gotta put this guy on a Diet Right Now ..........

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Gary?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Beyond your Kasich thoughts, someone already got this thread. More than minutes ago.
edit on 3-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Martinez would appear as total pandering. Latino women will never buy it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That's the first time I've seen that and I need a draw dropping on the floor emoticon that says... Seriously??

Notice how it was framed out to look like a dream? Wth?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

He only needs to block Trump to win the necessary number of delegates missing to get the nomination and he will be the nominee, even if he arrives with less delegates than the ones right now Cruz has.

why I am so sure ?

There are in total 2472 delegates available, when the primaries began, 1952 have been already won by the different candidates, so there are still 520 to win. Trump still needs 190 to assure the nomination.

Now, all the delegates of Ted Cruz and of Marco Rubio together, 736, will vote for John Kasich in a contested GOP National convention, they will never endorse the tycoon. So right now he has assured 889 delegates, against the 1047 that Trump has.

To think that John Kasich is only the 152 delegates he has gotten from Ohio is perhaps a grave mistake, he has in addition all the principal figures of the GOP that act in practice as almost super delegates in case the convention become
contested. So he just need to be able to block Trump to get the 190 he needs.

Kasich does not need to have more delegates than Trump to be the nominee, just to survive until the convention arrive provided that he takes enough delegates to block Trump to get what he is lacking.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/3/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Kasich hasn't gotten 190 delegates so far. Why would you think he can take over 330 in the remaining primaries?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Because he was never running alone against Trump, there were other candidates like Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio taking votes of people that don't like the tycoon to be the nominee.

All the Christian evangelicals , as well as the black Republicans or muslim republicans or the Hispanic republicans, and how about the women that has seen his many insults against their gender? or the Republican Catholics that watched the Pope disqualifying Trump as an eligible candidate.

Those are some examples of people that never is going to endorse a platform like the one of Trump, so they necessarily are going to vote in the following primaries for the only alternative, named John Kasich.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/3/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

www.facebook.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.cnn.com...
www.aljazeera.com...
talkingpointsmemo.com...
thefederalist.com...
www.catholic.org...

These are links which show every group you enumerated do in fact support Trump, at least in part.

Thanks,

Random.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's never going to happen. He hasn't even managed to come in second place in any of the primaries except for 2 or 3 (if I recall correctly), which means that he was not even most people's second choice.

He will only be second choice now because there is no third choice. There is no way that he will block Trump from getting 1237.

But we all need a team to root for, and I certainly don't want to deny anyone that right.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Because he was never running alone against Trump, there were other candidates like Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio taking votes of people that don't like the tycoon to be the nominee.

All the Christian evangelicals , as well as the black Republicans or muslim republicans or the Hispanic republicans, and how about the women that has seen his many insults against their gender? or the Republican Catholics that watched the Pope disqualifying Trump as an eligible candidate.

Those are some examples of people that never is going to endorse a platform like the one of Trump, so they necessarily are going to vote in the following primaries for the only alternative, named John Kasich.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

There is simply no way that Cruz supporters will move en masse to Kasich. Maybe 10%, but the majority see Kasich as true establishment. The remaining 90% will go to Trump or stay home. There is no way Kasich blocks Trump. Just get used to the idea.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm a Hispanic Republican who voted for Trump so not all Hispanics are against him.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What if Trump were to request Hillary to be VP?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
# just got real people.

Considering how much angel despises trump, I expected this OP to be a lot more extreme.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
What if Trump were to request Hillary to be VP?

Then he would lose his entire base in the blink of an eye. No doubt about it. People would run from him like he was a leper if that happened and he'd likely never be able to leave Trump Tower again without all manner of secret service agents blanketing him.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I can't honestly believe that Kasich is still even in the race. He seems like a joke to me. Haven't watched any of it in some time, but early on, he just didn't strike me as having even a faint hope. I don't really want him as a VP, either.

If Trump is smart, he'll talk to Cruz about that. That could bring in a lot more support.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Kasich is delusional and is running his personal presidential campaign in his own mind. According to his imaginative perspective, he's neck and neck with Trump.
Cruz was also delusional. Pretending he was going to be the presidential nominee by selecting a running mate this early in the campaign.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join