It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Cruz drops out of the Presidential race, all the attention now on John Kasich

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light
Dear readers,

Just minutes ago Senator Ted Cruz decided to drop out of the Presidential race without endorsing Donald Trump and technically
leaving all the space available to continue the political battle against Trump to Governor of Ohio John Kasich.

legalinsurrection.com...

Ted Cruz dropped out in emotive speech about Indiana defeat

We are waiting for reactions of the different figures of the Republican Party that have expressed their rejection to accept the possibility
that the nominated would be Donald Trump, like former Nominees Mit Romney and John McKain, and Speaker of the Congress Paul Ryan,
as well as Fomer Presidents Gerge W Bush and George H Bush.

This is a really difficult moment for many sectors of the GOP that with the drop off of Cruz become orphans of leadership and are
feeling lost in the dilemma to move to another candidate, either Kasich or a Democratic one, or simply don't vote in November.

It seems that for now all what we must do is to wait for the reaction of John Kasich who is the only man that has in hands the future of this primary against the so controversial business man Donald Trump, that with a platform that in many occasions included ideas that are not traditional Republicans gained a lot of momentum in this 2016 primary.

Kasich is right now the only political figure that can decide the future of the nomination, to say if there is still something to fight or not, until
yesterday he was still insisting in to lead the Anti Trump forces in New Mexico, Oregon and Nebraska.

Just four days ago he expressed with Cruz their strong will to don't give up the Nomination to Trump, so chances are that he decides right now to
take the flags of the opposition against Trump among the Republicans.

www.youtube.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 5/3/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I think Trump is going to announce tomorrow that his VP will be Kasich.
Boom! Cant wait for that to come out.

Could be wrong though, just a hunch.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Kasich stands no chance. That was hysterical when I read it.

Kasich is in fourth place in a two man race.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
Kasich is right now the political figure that can decide the future of the nomination...

Are you on a fantasy planet or something? Reince Priebus just said Trump was the presumptive nominee which means it is pretty much over. With Cruz out Trump will easily get the remaining delegates he needs even with Kasich in the race.

+6 more 
posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ah Kasich. The party guest who never leaves, and was never invited.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Who's Kasich?

The fourth guy in (what was) a three man race?

Kasich has no say over anything. The Ron Paul rule has him out of the equation completely.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Well, John Kasich in some way foresaw this moment and he decided in advance to reject that possibility, he knows perfectly that the great problem of Trump is precisely that, all the figures that he has offered the VP slot have rejected it, with the only exception of Ben Carson, who however has not been officially picked up.

Now, for a candidate like Donald Trump that has emerged also as the favorite one among white supremacists and even neo fascists or neo Nazi groups in America I believe would be unacceptable to see him running in November with an African American man, even if that runner mate is Dr Ben Carson.

Here the reaction of Kasich toward an eventual VP nomination, since March 30th 2016:

www.msnbc.com...

Of course the drop out of Ted Cruz has changed dramatically all the scenario but I believe is more likely that he decides to continue running, after all he is the only survivor, apart of Trump, of a constellation of more than two dozens of candidates that the GOP had about a year ago running.

Also the natural election of the Republicans to confront either Trump or Clinton for the VP slot would Carly Fiorina, who never will run aside Trump, and perhaps right now could be also chosen by Kasich if he insist to pursue the nomination.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Wait, but I thought Trump was anti-establishment, right? If so, he wouldn't dare pick an establishment VP like Mr. Ohio, right?

Wouldn't that upset his supporters?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

I think Trump is going to announce tomorrow that his VP will be Kasich.
Boom! Cant wait for that to come out.

Could be wrong though, just a hunch.

It's going to be Gilmore, duh.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com...

Kasich is still living in his fantasy world. Just like his "convention" add. I think he's legitimately lost his mind.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Trump might pick Carly !!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

OMG... Look at the replies to that! I can't even copy and paste them here.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Kasich got less than 8% tonight and has won a single primary in his own state. He is not a factor in this race. He's toast. The "focus" on him is to see when he has the presence of mind to drop out. All this Nazi crap about Trump is laughable. He could very well pick Carson as his Veep. Herman Cain would be even better. But he may go with the governor of New Mexico, Susana Martinez, a woman and Hispanic, which would take some of the wind out the Mexico-first extremists. He'll do something "ethnic." The times call for it. It will be interesting to see.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wouldn't underestimate John Kasich in this moment, of course he can drop out too, but if that would be his intention he should be done that long time ago, even when Marco Rubio did it, and he decided to continue in the race.

He has a lot of political experience and I believe this could be the opportunity he has waiting for, he knows that the conservative republicans never would support Trump as their candidate but he could be an emergency candidate and in a contested convention he still have chances especially knowing that the great figures of the GOP are all against Trump.

The key question is if he could stop Trump running alone to get the necessary delegates he is still missing to assure the Nomination? that seems to be a dream, but Kasich has never been the only contender, no body has been the only challenger of the Tycoon until now.

Here some of his speeches clarifying that he is seriously contending for the nomination:

www.nbcnews.com...

www.msnbc.com...

April 14th 2016, The Hill: “I am going to leave Cleveland as the nominee,” he said during the annual New York State GOP gala in New York City.
“Whether you believe it or not, it’s going to happen,” Kasich added. "We are going to go to a convention. This is not about the nomination. This is about who can win the White House after defeating Hillary Clinton
”.

thehill.com...

Again, no body until now has challenged Trump running lonely against him, so the scenario also changes for him, he is very effective to
defeat a myriad of opponents, but will he able to do the same with just one?

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Here's one that was recently released by one of his Super Pacs... the fool-aid is on full tap.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

God that is so true! Why is he still in the race???

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So you and Kasich are both claiming that he has a viable path to the nomination?

He may seriously want it, but he is not seriously contending for it. If he ever was, it was certainly not evident to the the voters. That time has long passed. The RNC's own rules have him out of the running unless he wins every state that's left and even then, he would lack the delegates to do anything other than steal it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Here's one that was recently released by one of his Super Pacs... the fool-aid is on full tap.

That's the one I was referring to.

He's staying in the race to beat Trump in an open convention apparently. Been making all sorts of shady deals with Trump and Cruz delegates.

This is just really sad and pathetic now.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
I wouldn't underestimate John Kasich in this moment...

Never bet on a loser because you think his luck is going to change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join