It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz - Out! See ya!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
I don't think there is anything repellant about pointing out what our government thinks of hunger. Its really silly for our government to take hunger in america and give it such a broad definition. He/she never said that hunger was a myth. He/she was just pointing out how the government defines hunger, which is a very bad way.
Give me something the government has defined really well these days, simply, and not a thousand pages long...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Allenb83

Nope, I won't retract it.
He knows what he did. He made a flippant remark about the fact that some people are hungry, and considering the fact that he has no intention of ever helping them out if he can in any way avoid it, he needs to be called out. He has already stated his support for Cruz (and I guess now Trump?), and his disdain for anything cooperative to ever happen. Go ahead and ask him, or research his posts/threads.

His family is not hungry, and what he said was dazzlingly insensitive, ignorant, and offensive - because there are people who go to bed hungry. Every night. All over this country.

edit on 5/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: UKTruth

I think rebuilding our infrastructure using taxes paid by the very wealthy would create a lot of jobs.

Don't forget that "the government" hires people, too - and my profession has been losing jobs because government doesn't want to fund social programs. Well, news flash is that people NEED help that can't afford it. If the jobs that allow people like me to help people like them go away - then that's even more of us who have no jobs.

Manufacturing moving overseas = fewer jobs
Cutting social services = fewer jobs
Ignoring infrastructure repairs = fewer jobs
etc.
Nothing about the GOP platform says a word about creating jobs - it's all just about avoiding taxes or bearing any responsibility for fellow countrymen and women and children. Actually, though - Trump has said some things that lead me to believe he actually is more moderate than the GOP would presumably like.

He says he'll build a wall - but he also says that "no one will die in the streets on my watch," or something to that effect. Hey, if he can get the Mexican government to hire Mexicans to build that wall, and ALSO he can hire Americans to build that wall - there's some jobs. The thing is, it would force Americans and Mexicans to work together, and then - OH NO!!!

Americans might actually learn more about our neighbors to the south - and begin to understand their needs and frustrations, and vice versa.
We might be able to get along!! (Actually, we already do, except for hateful, ignorant Americans who despise anyone with brown skin or an accent).

Rebuilding the infrastructure would be a good thing to do, but do more research on taxes. The rich already pay far more than their fair share of taxes. Its the poor who should be paying more if the US govt was fair to all.
You should pay more attention to the platforms - Trump is all about saving jobs and stopping companies leaving the US and also about building up infrastructure.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The rich already pay far more than their fair share of taxes. Its the poor who should be paying more if the US govt was fair to all.

Erm, no. No, the rich don't pay "more than their fair share" of taxes.

And no, the "poor" are NOT the ones who should be paying more. They are the ones being supported by YOUR TAX DOLLARS, because their employers don't pay them enough to live on. (Or, maybe not "your tax dollars" because you aren't in the USA...which begs the question of why you think your opinion overrides United States citizens/voters opinions)..... )

You should pay more attention to the platforms - Trump is all about saving jobs and stopping companies leaving the US and also about building up infrastructure.

The platforms? I am paying very close attention to the "platforms".
Are you?

And, are you in the UK? Then I would suggest you are not as familiar with the "platforms" as you think you are.

edit on 5/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The rich already pay far more than their fair share of taxes. Its the poor who should be paying more if the US govt was fair to all.

Erm, no. No, the rich don't pay "more than their fair share" of taxes.

And no, the "poor" are NOT the ones who should be paying more. They are the ones being supported by YOUR TAX DOLLARS, because their employers don't pay them enough to live on. (Or, maybe not "your tax dollars" because you aren't in the USA...which begs the question of why you think your opinion overrides United States citizens/voters opinions)..... )

The platforms? I am paying very close attention to the "platforms".
Are you?

And, are you in the UK? Then I would suggest you are not as familiar with the "platforms" as you think you are.

The rich already pay more than their fair share of taxes. I am happy to direct you to all the data that shows this if you would like. The poorer pay less than their fair share. This is not an opinion, it's a fact.

Secondly, I am very close to the the detail on what is being put forward by the various campaigns. The fact I live in the UK has nothing to do with it.
edit on 14/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join