It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day three and counting, without a cigarette

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good for you! Keep going!

I had a quit attempt this past weekend. I used snus for the first two days, then made it two days. I slipped, but I plan to turn right around and try again. I've only got 20 years of smoking under my belt, but I think that's enough for me.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
That's right.

I quit. Some fat old man, anonymous on the internet, has quit smoking.

Big ####ing deal.

But you know what? After almost 40 years of smoking, I'm pretty effing proud of myself. I no longer want to kill random people on the street. I just went cold turkey. I want to be alive and well when my grandkids need to be spoiled.

Day two was actually harder than day one..

Day three, today, was a cake walk.

Don't know if it'll last, but hey, even if it doesn't, I'm making progress.

I believe in you man, just do your best cold turkey or cut down put a picture of your granddaughter or your wife near that pack a smokes try vaping,

What helps me is a toothpick in the mouth always chewing on mints gum or jolly rancher's hard candies I'm nobody to give anybody any advice but from a member of ATS to another member I'll support you I know you have it in you

And if you lived for 40 years you arty know the answer you just need the support group and one really good reason to live a little bit longer you don't have to believe in a God or be religious to know what's right and the right thing to do which is always the hardest challenge presented in front of you

Keep up the good work and if you have good people in your life they need you a little bit longer don't ever give up small steps and always keep moving forward and when I say this it's because I need to hear for myself as well

Good luck my friend

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

good job dude. You have a couple more days to shake the physical addiction, after that, it's mental for a week.
Trust me on this, if you want to light up, keep thinking of how bad it sucks to quit and remember you never ever want to do that again. It's worked for me for about 17 years now. And exercise instead of eat. (I ate, got fat, stayed fat, still fat, but smoke free)

Good luck, be strong. Eat sunflower seeds. Just stop before your mouth gets raw.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
One thing I noted after a time. You can smell again. Like chocolate in a convenience store. That was cool.

I've already noticed that I can smell someone having a cigarette from a ways off.

It's like a super power.

Nicotine-Man!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thanks again everyone for the kind words and support.

That's really nice.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Stick with it!

I quit five years ago, after smoking for 24 years.

It can be done (and I never thought I would do it)!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks!

Day 4 today. I punched a girl scout in the neck.

Not because I just quit smoking, they have always pissed me off. I guess I have more issues than just smoking.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Congrats. My last cigarette was February 6th. This is after smoking for nearly 20 years.

It gets easier as time goes by. I hardly even think about it anymore. Keep it up!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Thanks!

Day 4 today. I punched a girl scout in the neck.

Not because I just quit smoking, they have always pissed me off. I guess I have more issues than just smoking.

Still smoke free?

Have you stomped a kitty or maybe punted a Chihuahua today?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Everybody dies, I choose lung cancer.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I've heard taking vitamins B (full complex) and C help with stress levels 😉

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good job! I totally know how hard it is to quit - I've done it several times. I always start back up a few years later when I have forgotten how f-ing hard it is to stop.

They say after a few days the chemical addiction is gone and all that, I don't buy it. I always find that sometimes weeks later, when I think I am in the clear, the urge can suddenly sweep over me like a hurricane. Almost more risky because I am not prepared, I am over confident, and more vulnerable than I was in the first week.
If you can get that far, you just have to tell yourself it will pass in a few minutes (and it does).

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Day 6, still smoke free.

On a totally unrelated topic, I've released most of the hostages and the FBI is going to send in pizza and a ####ing carton of smokes!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Day 6, still smoke free.

On a totally unrelated topic, I've released most of the hostages and the FBI is going to send in pizza and a ####ing carton of smokes!

Hahahaha!!!

Yeah, this is usually the point my husband runs out, buys a pack and throws it at me.

(I'm serious, true story)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

You sound like my wife.

There are days when I throw coffee cards to Starbucks, chocolate and/or bottles of wine at her.

(not directly "at" her, she'd hurt me)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Howdy partner! Just checking in to see how thee are faring? I had quit around the same time you did, and am still cig free. Even though you are " anonymous fat old man on the internet" this guy cares. Keep it up bro, and if you have started again, put that SH&T down, fatso!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Good job man! Let me know if you have trouble and need some help getting started with e-cigs. They REALLY helped me to break some rituals (though I've probably created a few in their stead) and cut down my nicotine gradually so I don't punch holes in things.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Day 7, or is it 8?

I don't know. . . . I've lost my mind!

Nope, still at it, thanks all.

I don't want e-cigs or anything like that.

What I really want, is o be rid of the patches.

But thanks everyone for their kind words and support!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I quit too, the patches keep nicotine in the body. I tried 6 times to quit. Finally I made it past day ten. After 3 days nicotine leaves the body.

I put a rubber band around my arm, if I felt the urge to smoke I snapped myself. It worked.

Your almost there friend. Good job!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I tried those patches.

I couldn't keep it lit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join