It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Day three and counting, without a cigarette

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good job brother....ive been cold turkey now for a little over a month. You can do it.

Ive found that when i start to get a craving if I take a deep breath then force a cough the craving subsides...muscle memory perhaps.

Keep it up man...proud of ya!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: coven83

Thank you, and you also!

I figured that just posting it online would even reinforce my quitting.

You all are actually helping!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: reldra

Oh, DB rocks alright. Mostly in his chair that he keeps in the parlor.

You are the one who used the word parlor. I haven't heard that word since I was about 5. lol

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hey I am proud of you, at any time you feel like smoking read this.
whyquit.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Stay strong, its gonna get worse... I gave up nicotine four years ago, still miss it though sometimes..

Just keep focused, i wish you the best!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
You are the one who used the word parlor. I haven't heard that word since I was about 5. lol

That word worked best with his old ass and that rocking chair. Does the visual it created seem more vivid? I should have mentioned his Victrola playing in the background.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

CONGRATS! More power to you.

There are some herbal things that some folks find helpful in going the course.

Regardless--every day step after step . . . after 90 days, you should be pretty free.

Cheers.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thank you everyone!

I'm really overwhelmed.

It's just smoking I'm giving up.

Other things like making sure it puts the lotion on it's skin, I'm still working on.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And still with the great sense of humor that we all know and love.

Congratulations!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And still with the great sense of humor that we all know and love.

Congratulations!!

My thoughts exactly! Congrats DBCowboy

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I wish you the best Bro. Watch out. Smokes are patient. They will wait. I went 10 weeks and then.... a party. "It's only one smoke. Special occasion." "One pack. It'll last me 2 weeks." Uh huh. Those lying bastids.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's right. The first time I quit smoking I went to a party 10 days later. Had a drink. Bummed a smoke and then started smoking again. So the 6th time I quit I also quit drinking for three months lol.

Now I don't smoke. Just drink, when I drink I still crave. So I have issues!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Good luck to you and congrats!

My grandfather went cold turkey successfully. Of course, he never took it seriously until his doctor finally sat him down and said "It's your cigarettes or you life."

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
5htp. Get some. It is amazing. Google it, Youtube Jim Carrey talking about it. It will help boost your serotonin and continue to produce more. You will feel much better whenever you aren't getting all the dopamine by using this. Green Tea also helped me, LOTS of it. And water. Can't forget water. If you have the will to leave behind the things that hold you down nothing can stop you, for it is written. God Bless.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What really helped me was recognizing the activities that I ritually smoked during and then understanding that I needed to either avoid those activities or find something else to do instead of smoking during.

I smoked after eating, while playing video games, talking on the phone, hanging out with friends, and on breaks at work/school. I had to get over the association of cigs to those things.

I believe you'll eventually get used to not smoking and you'll begin to stop thinking about it, even during the times you're used to smoking.

I hope it works out for you!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Good for you. The improvements to health begin in about 3 months. After 6 months to a year , you will start having what looks and feels like bronchitis.That is a good sign , though. That would be your lungs clearing.After that period of time , you will not feel that strong urge anymore.

Quitting is a beautiful thing. Tobacco-less for 3+ years now. From a 45 year smoker , the last 4 years at 3+ packs/day

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
After I quit for the 6th time I spit out tar a few times yuck. I realized I could live life without smoking. It's a bad addiction. You can buy cigs anywhere. The nicotine leaves your body but the thoughts were still there for a year after I quit! It feels good to be free of nicotine

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
One thing I noted after a time. You can smell again. Like chocolate in a convenience store. That was cool.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

And food tastes better!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
One thing I noted after a time. You can smell again. Like chocolate in a convenience store. That was cool.

And taste, dont forget taste. I had long forgotten what food tasted like. A new experience now that eating stuff

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join