It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Symbolism in other Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
besides "National Treasure" and "From Hell"

I've been playing around with "Blade Runner," & this is what I've come up with:

One of the replicants is a sex-dancer and has a snake. A clear reference to the second deg

Another one of the replicants has superhuman intelligence, but is about to die. This is the secret leadership of the order, who rise up and “killed” the benevolent intentions of the original order. Their goal is to live forever, portrayed in the movie as the replicants not wanting to die at the end of 4 years.

Sebastian, the maker of the replicants, is himself suffering from an aging disease: even the founders of masonry never knew the secret of eternal life. They died in their sins, even though they sought immortality.

The replicants (masons) are also figuratively fallen angels; they came from orbit, and are rebelling against their maker.

The company that makes the replicants is called Ty-rell, which is the name Ty-ler with the last syllable spelled backwards

The Tyrell (Tyler) corporation is housed in a giant pyramid.

The secretary at Tyrell that falls in love with Deckerd doesn’t even realize that she’s a replicant. Like many wives and daughters of masons, she has no idea what her corporate “family” is involved in.

The whole movie takes place at night, like an initiation ceremony.

The secretary “has false memories,” just like the false “memories” of the craft, which claims to go back to King Solomons temple.

She brags to Deckerd about “our owl,” a replicant creature created by Tyrel. The owl was the symbol of the witch-goddess Athena. This points to the occultic connexions of the craft.

The replicants can be caught by their responses. The first one dies saying “I’ll tell you about my muther!” and has not genetic father he is the widow’s son.

Replicants = reptiles, and are tracked by the scales they leave behind by Deckerd, while Ed Deckar is the name of the anti-masonic activist of the 1980’s and 1990’s, as well as being the name of an activist in the anti-masonic party in America in the 1830’s.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This is such a steaming, fly-attracting cartload of crapperoo.

First off, there is NO snake symbolism in masonry, as much as you people wish there was.

Masonry speaks of the life to come as a mystery. As a master mason, I cannot think of specific claims it makes about the hereafter, or about how to gain immortality.

If Tyrrell is masonic, and the replicants are masonic, why are they fighting each other?

Reptilians again? oh brother!

Why don't you look in the Wizard of Oz, or Spongebob's movie? If you stare into the toilet long enough, I'm sure you'll begin to see the masonic significance of your own poop.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think he was being sarcastic... ?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The only ther film I know of with actual Masonic Reference is;

"The League of Extrordinary Gentleman"

Not sure if it was called different outside the UK.

Again the gentleman who is the bad guy is portraid as a mason.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"The Man Who Would Be King".

Adapted from the short story by Rudyard Kipling (himself a mason) you can't miss the references. In fact, this movie doesn't even have to rely on symbolism - the Michael Caine and Sean Connery characters out and out declare their membership.

www.imdb.com...

You can read Kipling's book here:

www.gutenberg.org...

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here is a site by masons that lists, with pictures & how the film is reffrenced, around 50-75 films.
It inculdes movies like...
"Tombstone"
"Bad Boys II"
"Big Fish"
"Conspiracy Theory"
"Erin Brockovich"
"The Godfather Part III "
"Lion King "

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
First off, there is NO snake symbolism in masonry, as much as you people wish there was.

Uh, yes there is. Never seen a snake coiled around an egg? Never heard of Knight of the Brazen Serpent? Once you get out of the blue lodge, I think you might recant. That or you have been mislead far worse than you were supposed to be. That's not kosher... is it?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Uh, yes there is. Never seen a snake coiled around an egg? Never heard of Knight of the Brazen Serpent? Once you get out of the blue lodge, I think you might recant. That or you have been mislead far worse than you were supposed to be. That's not kosher... is it?

I can honestly say, "hand to God," that I do not ever recall seeing a snake coiled around its egg in the Blue Lodge degrees. If I am wrong, I would appreciate being corrected. But I honestly have never seen any snakes either in the degree work or in lectures.

"Knights of the Brazen Serpent" is a scriptural reference, to the events in the Bible, in Numbers 19.

If THAT qualifies as snake imagery, then maybe "Blade Runner" is referencing the Old Testament, rather than the craft!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

I can honestly say, "hand to God," that I do not ever recall seeing a snake coiled around its egg in the Blue Lodge degrees.

I believe twitchy meant when you advance out of Blue Lodge into Scottish Rite, you would start to see the serpent imagery.
I don't recall seeing a snake around an egg in Masonry but then so what if there were, I've seen that symbol elsewhere and it's meaning...
The egg symblizes the Universe, and the snake is the symbol of life, especially when it is biting its tail, and then it also the symbol of eternity
Nothing to terrible there.
Kinght of the Brazen Serpent of the Scottish Rite refers to the Old Testament book of Numbers 21:5-9

"Make thee an image of a venomous springing serpent, and set it upon a pole; and it shall come to pass that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live." KJV

Hmmm not so bad in my opinion.

Serpents in Masonry, there maybe one or two I overlooked, but then again, so what?

[edit on 1/14/2005 by cotwom]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
When I was taken on a tour of the local lodge more than a year back the man who gave me the tour pointed out the many Owl and Snake statues with the "Just to scare away the birds, really that’s all their for" *wink* *wink* *laugh* *laugh*.

But what do I know, I go through initiation on the 10th of Feb.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

So what about the The Uadjit with a big G in the middle of it, on the front of the SLC Masonic Temple?

It has not one, but TWO Serpents: Auset and Nebthet.

(Of course this symbol pre-dates modern FreeMasonry by millenia)

PEACE

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

So what about the The Uadjit with a big G in the middle of it, on the front of the SLC Masonic Temple?

It has not one, but TWO Serpents: Auset and Nebthet.

The whodjit with the whatdjit? there's a G in the middle? I assume you mean the Lodge in SLC Utah?

Couldn't tell ya. Never been there, never going to be there. That place scares me. I'm in Oregon and AFAIK there are no Masonic Lodges with snake and owls. So what if there were?

Could you post a picture of what you're talking about?

Here's some pictures of the lodge I attend.
www.milwaukielodge.org...
I admit some info is outdated, but those picture do justice.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The movie break Down with Kurt Russel had a villian in it who was a Mason. Kurt Russell was travelling out west with his wife and his car broke down. A trucker picked his wife up and took her supposedly to the next town to make a phone call. Kurt wouldn't leave his car and that fouled the plans of the trucker. When Russel made his way finaly to the town, his wife was no where to be found and nobody had seen or heard from her.

Someone pretending to be a crazy loon outside an eating joint tipped him off as to where she was but it was only laying a trap for him. Thats where the guy with the Masonic ring comes into play. He gives russel a chase and Russel manages to elude him for a while but finally ends up being caught. The Mason and the trucker wants Russel to go down off the desert mountains and into a bank where he can cash his life savings of $90,000 and bring it to him. Somehow Russell escapes and ends up hitching a ride under the very truck that originally gave his wife a ride and winds up at the truckers farm with a huge barn where later he finds his wife is still alive locked beneath the floor. Russel finaly gets away with his lovely wife and they live happily everafter. It never did say if the crazy loon, the truck driver and a few others were Masons but one would assume.
I'm surprised the Masons let such a negative light be shown in a film. It's just a movie I'm sure, I guees every Mason can't live a perfect life.

Another movie is U-turn. Again a guy breaks down in the desert in a red mustang, about a 65. He almost never gets his car back from the desert mechanic wearing half inch thick glasses. A man wearing a Masonic ring wanted the traveller to kill his wife for him. But the traveller was already having an afair with his wife and they ended up killing the Mason. Both of those movies are pretty good.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In the first few minutes of the movie, two kids are watching through the canvas of a wagon, as a crowd awaits the public execution of three mexican peasants, who will be shot to try and draw zorro out into the open. The kids look up to see zorro standing over them. He gives his madalion to one of the kids, and it is a masonic emblem, with a gem in the middle where the G should be.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Number 13 and 33 in movies

blackpope.bravepages.com...
mod edit to add source of copy paste post

[edit on 13-4-2005 by yanchek]

[edit on 13-4-2005 by pantha]

[edit on 13-4-2005 by yanchek]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

besides "National Treasure" and "From Hell"

Yeah there's sybolisim in many movies. The more recent movies the past 5 years. have waaay more symbolism.

I've been playing around with "Blade Runner," & this is what I've come up with:

Good classic movie. Didn't that come out something like 25 years ago? LOL!

One of the replicants is a sex-dancer and has a snake. A clear reference to the second deg

I thought it's known as the "third leg"? LOL!

Another one of the replicants has superhuman intelligence, but is about to die. This is the secret leadership of the order, who rise up and “killed” the benevolent intentions of the original order. Their goal is to live forever, portrayed in the movie as the replicants not wanting to die at the end of 4 years.

Ummm... they're not human. They're made to be "super intelligent" on purpose. Nothing to do with secret leadership symbolism LOL.

Sebastian, the maker of the replicants, is himself suffering from an aging disease: even the founders of masonry never knew the secret of eternal life. They died in their sins, even though they sought immortality.

1. Everyone has "sinned" even the good people. Priests, rabbis, on and on. So you can't say only Freemasons "died for their sins".

2. Actually the founders of the Freemasons, or at least the elite of the elite, did know what the "Secret" of eternal life is. I strongly suggest you go to your local bookstore (Barnes & Noble, or whatever) and read "Secrets of the Lost Ark" by Laurence Gardner. There's ancient mystery schools that later on spawned the Freemasons and Old World Illumanatti. The knowledge was passed on to the elite of the elite, the highest initiates.

Modern science found out it has to do with something called Telomerase. And the "junk" DNA all humans have, but for some strange reason don't use.

The replicants (masons) are also figuratively fallen angels; they came from orbit, and are rebelling against their maker.

Freemasons didn't exist back when Yahweh, and the angels were roaming the earth, regularly appearing infront of humans. Roughly 5,000 years ago. So no chance the Freemasons came to earth from another planet. Or rebelled against Yahweh, and/or the Elohim. Cuz Freemasonry and the secret society Fremasons didn't exist 5,000 years ago.

The company that makes the replicants is called Ty-rell, which is the name Ty-ler with the last syllable spelled backwards

Yeah? So? You left out one "L".

The Tyrell (Tyler) corporation is housed in a giant pyramid.

Now you've found something. So far you are 2 for 100. LOL!

The secretary at Tyrell that falls in love with Deckerd doesn’t even realize that she’s a replicant. Like many wives and daughters of masons, she has no idea what her corporate “family” is involved in.

You destroy your own point. She doesn't realize SHE's one of them. Wives and daughters don't realize THEY are Freemasons. Big difference. Strike 101 for ya!

The whole movie takes place at night, like an initiation ceremony.

If you follow the background storyline close, its in the future. With insane tons of atmospheric pollution. Also skyscrappers litterally scrape the sky, blocking out the sun.

The secretary “has false memories,” just like the false “memories” of the craft, which claims to go back to King Solomons temple.

False memories has to do with mind control. The Freemasons claiming they go back to King Solomon's Temple is simply a possible folktale, myth, or maybe some form of truth. KST did exist. Does exist. KS did employ craftsmen from other countries to help build the temple. So there's SOME truth to the Freemason's tale. While there's NO truth to the secretary.

She brags to Deckerd about “our owl,” a replicant creature created by Tyrel. The owl was the symbol of the witch-goddess Athena. This points to the occultic connexions of the craft.

Actually, the Owl is more associated with a different, and far, far, bigger secret society instead of the Freemasons.

The replicants can be caught by their responses. The first one dies saying “I’ll tell you about my muther!” and has not genetic father he is the widow’s son.

Yes? So? They're artificial life created by humans.

Replicants = reptiles, and are tracked by the scales they leave behind by Deckerd, while Ed Deckar is the name of the anti-masonic activist of the 1980’s and 1990’s, as well as being the name of an activist in the anti-masonic party in America in the 1830’s.

Birds also have scales. Duckbill platapus also has scales. FISH also have scales.
We'll never know why the director or screenwriter chose Deckerd as the character's name.
And just what is the name of this anti-Mason party in America in the 1830's?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you really want some movies to dig into:

...A Series of Misfortunate Events. This movie has the record of the most instances of symbolisim in a movie.

Van Helsing Gotta love how he's suppose to be on the side of the Church, yet his uniform, and clothing, and cloak, has occult symbols all over it.

Every single Harry Potter movie!. H-- in 1 movie a character speaks Draconian (the language of the Reptilians). And there's tons of other occult symbolism everywhere!

Hellboy Feast your eyes! Yep it touches on the fact Hitler never commited suicide. (Compare photos of the teeth of Hitler's supposed corpse with photos of his teeth from pics and tapes of him at rallies, giving speeches. Hitler made it out to S. America. Under the US and British secret operation called "Project Paperclip".) And tons of symbolism.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You are close, Tyrell Corp. represents the Illuminati-the top of the pyramid which is formed by degrees of Masons, Shriners, Elk's B.P.O.E., Eagles F.P.O.E, Skull and Bones, Daughters of the Nile, Order of DeMolay, Order of the Eastern Star, etc, etc.. The owl is a Masonic/Illuminati symbol-the demon Moloch. The "eye of illumination" is shown, then a cut back to the pyramid-look on the back of a dollar bill at the pyramid with the all seeing eye on top. This is why Batty-"the hero of the film"-(nail through hand, dove-ie: representations of Christ-Holy Spirit, saviour of Deckard), kills Tyrell in the manner he does, to destroy the all seeing eye on the top of the pyramid, the seat of power.

Deckard represents us common folk, who are oblivious of the real power structure, and are merely puppets to accomplish their goals. He represents the little man who fights the system, but doesn't understand the real system, a total anti-hero, alcoholic-dreamer, and in the end, enemy of the State/Tyrell Corp. On the unicorn- "The unicorn is the only fabulous beast that does not seem to have been conceived out of human fears. In even the earliest references he is fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, but always mysteriously beautiful. He could be captured only by unfair means, and his single horn was said to neutralize poison." -Wikipedia

As Deckard becomes enlightened in the film, he subconsciously becomes more and more on the side of the rebel andriods, but he doesn't really realize the total control of the State until he sees the foil unicorn, he and Rachel then pick up where the dead androids left off, on the run from the State/Tyrell. The film is a never ending circle. It ends where it starts and start where it ends.

There are a lot more symbolic references to be noted in this film, The Johnnie Walker that Deckard and the androids all drink-"John (Johnnie) Walker (1805 – 1857) was a Scottish grocer, who originated what would become one of the world’s most famous whisky brand names, Johnnie Walker. In 1833 John married Elizabeth Purves. He was a respected businessman, leader of the local trade association, and a FREEMASON". -Wikipedia Just another odd coincidence? Watch this film again people-Look deeper-check out the cut scenes on the Final Cut disc set. Top dogs in Hollywood HATED this film.

Funny how these un-enlightened Freemasons get so touchy when anyone touches on uncomfortable truths about their Religion/Rituals that only their elders truly understand the full meaning of. You guys are just having some fun performing ancient pagen rites disguised as harmless brotherhood ceremonies, paying dues. Wake up guys, your're being used like the rest of us. We are all just "little people".

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CO_Cowboy

I don't see anything in the movie "Big Fish" that has anything to do with my Brotherhood, my Lodge, or my Degree work in Freemasonry nor in the Scottish Rite.

Please let me know so that I may rent it again for re-examination.

Bro. Merrill Hartman

F.&A.M #25, IN, U.S.A.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I assume that you mean that you are 3rd Degree? Maybe 4th? How then can you speak with authority about the sepent symbolism learned in higher degrees. Or do you still believe that all Degrees of initiation beyond the 3rd are merely ceremonial? Serpent Power is real, brother. By the way? How old is your grandfather?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join