It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Files Reveal Assad's Deals With Militants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
IS Files Reveal Assad's Deals With Militants

Islamic State and the Assad regime in Syria have been colluding with each other in deals on the battleground, Sky News can reveal.

Our exclusive investigation into leaked secret IS files suggests one piece of co-operation was over the ancient city of Palmyra.

The files also show that the militant group has been training foreign fighters to attack Western targets for much longer than security services had suspected.

The revelations underscore fears in the United States that a network of sleeper cells is spread across Europe, avoiding detection, and is planning further Paris- and Brussels-style assaults.

IS defectors, meanwhile, have told Sky News that Palmyra was handed back to government forces by Islamic State as part of a series of cooperation agreements going back years.

New letters obtained by Sky News, in addition to the massive haul of 22,000 files handed over last month, appear to confirm this.

They show:

:: An agreement with the Syrian regime to withdraw IS weapons from Palmyra.

:: A deal between IS and Syria to trade oil for fertiliser and;

:: Arrangements to evacuate some areas by Islamic State forces BEFORE the Syrian army attacked.

All appear to be pre-agreed deals and suggest direct evidence of collusion between the Syrian regime and Islamic State chiefs.

This might be why Russia is not attacking ISIS forces. The rumors have been around and it looks like its been confirmed. I wonder if the propaganda push to blame Turkey was done to hide what Syria has been doing.

Thoughts?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sounds like war with Russia is right around the corner!

Probably not, but there is a lot o propaganda lately to make it look as such. The Isis boogeyman seems to have mellowed so it's time to amp it up!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That would mean the Russians have struck a deal with Daesh too.

How convenient.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Something doesn't add up here, I smell bullsh1t.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This is either outright propaganda or twisting information as old as 2013.

In early 2013 there was something akin to an unspoken agreement between the Government and what would become the Islamic State to not fight each other in major operations. This collapsed in late 2013 and 2014 when the Islamic State embarked on its lightning offensives in Iraq and into Government-held Syria.

Repairing the damage done to (for want of a better term) relationship between the Syrian Government and the Islamic State since then would be impossible for all intents and purposes. Especially when one considers the Governments de-facto alliance with the Kurds, and their Iraqi, Iranian and Russian connections.

None of this takes into account the Saudi-Turkish support for the Islamic State, who want the Al-Assad Government gone no matter the costs or consequences.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Current political convenience aside, stranger things have happened.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

As I said there hve been reports of IS and Syrian government coordinating for some time, long before Russia got involved.

Here is an article from Zerohedge, which I cant stand and dont trust, talking about ISIS and Syrian forces coordinating.

ISIS, Assad Regime Now Fighting Together In Syria, US Alleges

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Incidentally this "news" comes at the same time Government forces launched a major counter-attack against Islamic State held areas of the Homs region.

www.youtube.com...
edit on -050005pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

This news has been coming for well over a year now by different sources. Nice try though.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Maybe so. Yet nothing was reported in the mainstream media when such connections were credible during 2013. Now that such reports are not credible, very conveniently timed to geopolitical events and come from mainstream media groups whose admitted sources are foreign mercenaries or Al-Qaeda linked groups.

Incidentally the connections between the Syrian Government and what would become the Islamic State were never from high-level exchanges, but more local agreements between provincial governors and military/militia commanders.

Such agreements were fairly common between all sides of the war.

Very suspicious if you ask me.

Of course I may be wrong, and the Iranians, Iraqis, Syrians and Russians have colluded with their sworn enemies recently. Would be very bizarre.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Then you should do a google search. MSM has reported on it. Secondly they didnt declare a caliphate until 2014.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I think it's possible that these documents were 'leaked' as propaganda by Daesh to deny that they got their asses handed to them in Palmyra. However, I don't know. They could be legit.

Eta: Any Joe can write documents and leak them, doesn't make them factual...
edit on 3-5-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Which is probably why the article raised that point and noted documents / info they received in the past from the source was accurate.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
ISIS has "files?" Somehow that's hard to picture.

"Mohammed, I can't seem to find the quarterly profit and loss statement for the third quarter of 2013. Would that be in the secret agreement with Syria folder or the oil exports to Israel folder?"

"I don't know. Can't find anything since we had to behead the secretary. She was good at her job, but ankle is ankle. Try the file cabinet with the European city target list."

"Already checked there. Nothing but overdue cell phone bills. If we don't get this paperwork together we're going to lose our tax exempt status."

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Not really.. Al Queida kept receipts to see where their money was going. Hell even the Nazis kept records. Just because they behave like its still the 9th century doesnt mean they dont keep records. Hell they just released a hit list of people living in NY.

So you think their fighters are doing this for free? They get paid.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

ISIS and Syrian forces coordinating.

Of course they did, because Assad's forces needed oil to run the military and who controlled the fields in Syria...ISIS.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

SIS has "files?" Somehow that's hard to picture.

Why they ran it like a corporation, so it's not hard to picture they had files.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Are you kidding? they have a complete network of people doing their online propaganda, fully paid directors, photographers and anything like a true organization.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
ISIS just never struck me as being the clerical types. I guess that explains where they get suicide bomber from. If I had to do paperwork in the desert without air conditioning for a month ...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I cant believe some of you are actually swallowing the BS that ISIS is saying. Do you pick and chose who to trust without question or do only believe things when it suits your personal opinions?

'' the stupid is strong with this one ''

* NEWS FLASH - your parroting ISIS propaganda like its the truth. *

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join