It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It's remastered, I'd imagine it's based on the new COD engine so shiny graphics with classic gameplay, if they sold a standalone COD4 Remastered I'd probably buy it providing it came with modding support and dedicated 64 player servers.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I agree but since they are not I believe they are doing it this way as a means to push this new game on people whether they want it or not. After sales break about even then they will sell the game on its own as a digital download only for 30-40 dollars, thats my guess. I am tired of subpar bs I will be checking doom out and I will be doing that on PC more then likely.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Meh COD is for console peasants.

Know yo' gaming history foo'

COD, along with all the best competitive multiplayer FPSs originated, and are still played religiously, on PC.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Console gaming is dying, consider that you pop a disk in the console and then it down loads like a pc, consider what players want only PC can deliver the hardware and affortibility of a console cannot ever mesh up to something reasonable we cant get both from a console. The era of the console is rapidly being phased out. I forsee the next idea of something like a console is going to be straight up pre built gaming pc's and they will not be as expensive as someones do it yourself rig because of being built in bulk, that and they will have modular hardware and dedicated company tech support.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I've pretty much abandoned the FPS genre altogether (I may get the new Doom game though), but nothing pisses me off more than COD games. I really hated kill streak perks. Nothing more frustrating than spawning then being killed 5 consecutive times by someone dropping a bomb on you or a spawning underneath a helicopter or something else ridiculous like that.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Price of a new PC $1000 - $1200 for a mediocre one that can play games (not to mention the price of upgrading your hardware every year or so).
Price of a new console $300 - $400 (But lasts for almost a decade)

Sorry, but until the price of buying and keeping your PC up-to-date with the latest hardware/software can be brought down to the level of consoles, consoles won't be dying.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Its a fact the console is going away, no need to argue about it. The only reason the 7th gen console lived as long as it did is because of the economy tanking back when. In reality consoles will keep coming out faster and faster, look at sony they are already putting out a NEW CONSOLE the "neo" or PS 4.5, any way you cut it, it is a new console. So 8th gen console got a 4 year run, the 4.5 is going to have updated hardware and software so comparing it to a slim version does not count. I am certain that the next variant of a console is not going to be a console but more like a gaming pc built just for gaming with the ability to upgrade hardware, all the big players are moving towards it and it makes sense to do. We can't have great looking and sounding games at a reasonable price anymore can't have both.

I didn't mean to rude either, I just re read that above and wanted to clarify that. The bigger thing about it all is, is that as tech progresses soon mobile devices will have the same capability as consoles today, all a console is is a processor hooked up to a tv really. I think that the mobile market is going to explode with AAA titles in the near future. Where the device syncs to a screen and controller and boom you got a new game system. As it is now basically your console is an outdated gaming pc. Also why do you think microsoft moved a bunch of xbox guys to develop windows 10? They want to integrate gaming into all their devices making it accessible to such a vastly larger audience. The groundwork for this transition has already been laid out.
Also My gamertag on Xbox is Tetsuo Shima207 holla at your boy =D

edit on 4-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I will agree that cell phone technology is the aim of the future. But they have to perfect the sync between desktop and mobile device first. Windows 10 still isn't there yet with that.

PS: I'm a playstation bro. I don't buy xboxes. PSN: four20h3ro
edit on 4-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My handle is the same on PSN problem is, my console burned up, something to do with the heat paste or something that isn't covered under warranty. Thats what I get for trading in the ps3 for a ps4 lol, Im going to wait till the 4.5 drops. The Xbox is nice for me though not just for gaming but also because I aspire to make games and comics and hopefully animations. The support of Microsoft and adobe on this platform allows you to do more as someone doing these sorts of things as a hobby.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I really only use my consoles for gaming or streaming hulu. If I want to do computing stuff, I use a computer. I'm old school like that. So the way I see it, since most games are cross-platform these days there isn't much need to get both systems (and I don't like Halo at all). I am a bit disappointed I can't play Killer Instinct or Left 4 Dead (if they ever make a third one), but I'm happy with the games I got.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
XBox COD 4MW if anyone is up for it!

XBox tag: Howdyhowes

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Cant now working on the comic but maybe later an Ill def add you

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I used to love COD but the cheating just got so ridiculous i quit playing. In fact it just about put me off all FPS for ages.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I dont agree.

I build my own PC's. The first time you buy a gaming PC it it a big hit to the wallet but if you build it yourself what you end up with far out specs any shop bought PC or console. IF you do your homework and buy at the right time of the year you can get away with not having to upgrade for 4 years and still be able to play the latest games.

With a console you also have to add in the cost of being able to play a game online which is a monthly cost. You dont get that on the PC. Also the cost of Console games is way higher. If you dont play games online then you can always find hacked games for free as well.

Im not sure what you mean buy not having to upgrade a console for 10 years.
edit on 6-5-2016 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
I used to love COD but the cheating just got so ridiculous i quit playing. In fact it just about put me off all FPS for ages.

LOL have you tried BLOPS (the first one) lately? IT IS TERRIBLE!!! All the cheating and all the BS going on in there is unreal. The last time I logged on to play on xbox 360 I no # got killed for 3 minutes straight before I could do anything because of the onset of dogs and bombs non stop it was so BS I just quit and popped in Hardcorps Uprising instead (which is a seriously under rated and awesome addition to the contra series btw)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Monthly pay for online is like less than $10 a month. Less than I paid when I used to play WoW on my PC for over half a decade.

Building your own PC, while preferable I will agree on that point, requires additional knowledge of how technology works. This of course raises the entry barrier for PC gaming as well.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Im still in it for the games, not the platform. You are correct though, PC gaming is a lot more technical, Id rather just play the damn game and not screw with settings because it makes it a little more clear or sound a little bit better. I don't have an IT job so when I get down time and can engage in a game I hate when something breaks and I can't play the damn game for a few more days or weeks till I figure it out. If PC gaming became more accessible in those regards I think it will take off like hell simply because of that and PC is still the wild west, it is open sourced and you dont need xbox live or psn to play with people.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ye at the end of the day, the casual appeal of consoles is something that the PC market has always had trouble overcoming. I remember back in 2000 when I built my first PC in high school it was like this. Sure, the effort required to build pcs now is much less (I'm in IT so I build work PC's all the time) thanks to snap in holders and such, but you still have to know what you are doing.

Then it gets even harder if you want to do thinks like overclock your processor or tweak the OS settings to run your hardware better. Then god help the tech unsavy if a non-gaming application (say MS office) causes conflicts with your gaming software. Then you have to go into your management console and enable and disable services or go into your network ports and change them around. Then even after ALL of that, you could still come across a game that is incompatible with your system for some stupid reason unrelated to the minimum requirements.

Meanwhile, with a console you just plug it into your tv and wall, turn it on, put in a game and you are good to go. No hassle of conflicting software, the game is guaranteed to run on any console of that type, and you don't have to worry about having to manipulate default settings to make the game play or play better. Until that gap is overcome by the PC (like you are alluding to), the console market isn't going to die and will continue to dominate over the PC market.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ye at the end of the day, the casual appeal of consoles is something that the PC market has always had trouble overcoming. I remember back in 2000 when I built my first PC in high school it was like this. Sure, the effort required to build pcs now is much less (I'm in IT so I build work PC's all the time) thanks to snap in holders and such, but you still have to know what you are doing.

Then it gets even harder if you want to do thinks like overclock your processor or tweak the OS settings to run your hardware better. Then god help the tech unsavy if a non-gaming application (say MS office) causes conflicts with your gaming software. Then you have to go into your management console and enable and disable services or go into your network ports and change them around. Then even after ALL of that, you could still come across a game that is incompatible with your system for some stupid reason unrelated to the minimum requirements.

Meanwhile, with a console you just plug it into your tv and wall, turn it on, put in a game and you are good to go. No hassle of conflicting software, the game is guaranteed to run on any console of that type, and you don't have to worry about having to manipulate default settings to make the game play or play better. Until that gap is overcome by the PC (like you are alluding to), the console market isn't going to die and will continue to dominate over the PC market.

Its about that time Ole Brotherman whips out the warhammer 40k board hes been building for years and tinkers with it instead =D

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Damn I haven't played that in a LONG time. What race you enjoy playing as? I always liked the Space Marines, but I also liked playing as the Chaos Marines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join