It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Connecticut Governor To Sign Gun Confiscation Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:37 AM
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

I'm opposed to a lot of things that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Why are you attempting to derail this thread?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:45 AM

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: ketsuko

So on the power of he said/she said, we are now confiscating private property?

That's been happening for centuries in many forms. Why object only now?

Perfect. Just what those running the country love. turning injustice into justice.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
You do know that ALL those gun laws are a complete violation of the Bill of RIGHTS extending to the 14th amendments.

You know the second.

You know the rest that deal with DUE process and our RIGHTS to a trial by jury.

But there is also that one about cruel and unusual punishment.

No where in that piece of paper does it say a person forfeits ANY of their rights for their entire lives.

That people is not justice.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:25 AM
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Nothing to leave out. Under our law you are Innocent until proven guilty. Under the 4th Amendment no seizures without a warrant.

Using this same logic they could arrest everyone in a bar for druck driving because they MIGHT drive.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:28 AM

The review is still after the fact, very slippery slope there.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:33 AM

And how does it help them escape?

So they don't use a gun, they just use their fist or a baseball bat.

If i'm going to kill you I don't NEED a gun.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:25 PM
grab your popcorn and your guns. its gonna be a bumpy ride.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:48 AM
I don't agree with this # at all, they need to change the dv laws, I don't agree with hitting women at all but the way the law is set up there's no need for proof, all a woman has to do is call and accuse you of hitting her and you will be convicted for the simple fact the city courts don't have to adhere to federal law they get to make up their own and all they care about is the money they'll receive from the fine of a conviction, they don't care how many lives they ruin

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:21 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

More guilty before proven innocent in this country. I do not see how ANYONE can think that this is a good idea. We are so lucky and fortunate that we have presumed innocence in this country. We could be living in a country where if you are accused of something, say, homosexuality, you are put to death violently without trial.

I don't care what the crime is, doling out any type of punishment before proven guilty is unjust, unconstitutional, and immoral. We are better than this, and we SHOULD know better than this.

This is akin to civil forfeiture. Look at this broken corrupt activity and you can see exactly how this will go. This will be used overwhelmingly against men, and it will be next to impossible to get your property back if proven innocent. Once they have it, they will either split up the guns, or sell them and split the profits.

Civil forfeiture needs to be talked about more. Did you know that they actually split up the property "confiscated" before they even go to trial? AND the "officers" involved in the bust/confiscation get a cut, like a commission.

Policing for profit, this is just another corrupt LEO scam.

When due process is gone, so is our freedom.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Didn't connecticut try some other type of ridiculous, overreaching kneejerk attempt to take a bunch of guns from people. IIRC no body showed up to comply with their little law, which was swiftly pulled.

Connecticut is obviously attempting to spearhead the start of a revolutionary war.

Indeed they did and they were shocked that hundreds of thousands defined the elite tools. The majority just said no, didnt even show. They said about 50,000 did register and that left hundreds of thousands of I guess now, "felons" that defied the law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>