It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an orb or a camera trick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My sister sent me this picture earlier today of Echo Park Lake (Los Angeles, CA). Last week, her ex-boyfriend drowned in that lake and his body was found a few days later. So over the weekend, she went to the lake and took a few pictures. This morning, as she was scrolling through her pictures, she noticed something in this one. She noticed a circular blue/green orb that appears on the left hand side by the rocks. It was in this exact spot where they found his body.

I'm pretty skeptical of things like this cause it could simply just be a camera glitch or a reflection. So i wanted your thoughts... could that really be his spirit or simply a light reflection?

Ps. This "orb" does not appear in any other picture BUT that one.
edit on 3-5-2016 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
its a camera trick. Its caused by the light from the sun hitting the lens just right. Good way to test these things out is just take random pictures under a multitude of circumstances and conditions and try to screw up the picture. That way when you see the same things reproduced while your ghost hunting you can more easily tell the real odd pics from the camera/lens things.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Camera filter, most commonly I've seen it is in mobiles, you can also get inverted orbs of different colours that are really the surrounding colours in a picture, bit like a raindrop effect.

Funny thing, what does catch my attention is the whiteness of the sun in that picture, (in itself an over exposure and more than likely the reason for the blueish coloured orb) something I have noticed for some time now, the warm yellow duster, has become a white insipid duster.

edit on 3-5-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Ok, thanks! Yes, she has an Iphone so I am assuming that it's probably what caused it. I guess it just happened to appear in the right spot !

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Picture taken straight into the sun, check.

Water vapour droplets likely, check.

... I'm going for the supernatural explanation here - not.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
No offence meant to the op but how? How are there still people who have never seen a lens flare?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
No offence meant to the op but how? How are there still people who have never seen a lens flare?

I should add...bokeh and out of focus dust/water drops etc..

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Some lens flares aren't. Sometimes they are something else.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Some lens flares aren't. Sometimes they are something else.

Care to show us one of those images? Because every single image of "orbs" posted on ATS has been lens flares or out of focus dust or bugs.

Please, enlighten us. Show us. Show us the image that made you say to yourself "that's not a lens flare, that's an orb"
edit on 4-5-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
99.9% of orbs are a fool's errand. Dust, moisture, glare/reflections and lens flare. If you can't see it with your naked eye, it's a photographic artifact

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
99.9% of orbs are a fool's errand. Dust, moisture, glare/reflections and lens flare. If you can't see it with your naked eye, it's a photographic artifact

Wait...what's the .1% then?

top topics

join