It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the Bible was not written by mankind!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staygaf
There is a reason and it is because the shape of the symbol 7 leads to the identity of a guy living right now.

He was born 7 -28-76 and his initials are 322 (C.B.B.)

Just do searches for those numbers and you should find some information about the guy.

Who is the guy? You know for folks that haven't an abacus at hand???

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyriddler
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Actually he wasn't a christian at all, after studying it for a number of years he was convinced and became a christian later, so you can't just call them 'nuts'.

Who is "he"?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Staygaf

I suggest you look at the unlikelyhood of the math. Those are some big numbers!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Maybe OP is onto something!

Forget that the Bible is a constructed text. Forget the fact that it is written in several different periods by several authors then mooshed together. Seven, man. SEVEN!

OP there are scholarly books and theories that have broken the bible down to their pieces. The Books of (J, D, E, U, and P). Each text represent a portion of what is known as "The Bible". Modern scholars have reviewed, argued, and spilt a lot of ink over these books. They also argue how they pertain to the Bible.

Just saying that a u-tube video is not really "proof" that I would stake my reputation on all the ridicule from all of ATS on.

If you are really interested, Harold Bloom's The Book of J actually theorize that that book was written by a woman!

edit on 3-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

edit on 3-5-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: even more grammar nazi

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"Ivan Panin - was born in Russia on December 12, 1855. Having participated in plots against the Czar at an early age, he was exiled and, after spending some years studying in Germany, he came to the United States and entered Harvard University. After graduation in 1882, he converted from agnosticism to Christianity.

In 1890 he discovered some of the phenomenal mathematical designs underlying both the Greek text of the New Testament and the Hebrew text of the Old Testament.

He was to devote over 50 years of his life painstakingly exploring the numerical structure of the Scriptures, generating over 43,000 detailed, hand-penned pages of analysis (and exhausting his health in the process). He went on to be with the Lord in his 87th year, on October 30, 1942.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyriddler

The people who wrote the bible and put it together were far from uneducated, in fact they were extremely smart, a lot smarter than most people give them credit for. They were the ruling class of the day and were taught from a young age by the best teachers of their time and culture.

They were smart enough to fool billions of people into believing a lie. They couldn't have done that without truth being at the heart of the bible but they hid it underneath a layer of literal interpretation. The bible is a brilliant book even if it is a tool of deception.
edit on 5/3/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

"Ivan Panin - was born in Russia on December 12, 1855. Having participated in plots against the Czar at an early age, he was exiled and, after spending some years studying in Germany, he came to the United States and entered Harvard University. After graduation in 1882, he converted from agnosticism to Christianity.

In 1890 he discovered some of the phenomenal mathematical designs underlying both the Greek text of the New Testament and the Hebrew text of the Old Testament.

He was to devote over 50 years of his life painstakingly exploring the numerical structure of the Scriptures, generating over 43,000 detailed, hand-penned pages of analysis (and exhausting his health in the process). He went on to be with the Lord in his 87th year, on October 30, 1942.

Ivan Panin was the guy who proposed your crazy theory. I was asking who were these mysterious people who confirmed his ideas. Panin can't confirm his own work. Peer review doesn't work that way.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm not putting my faith in a single youtube video, there is plenty of further study of his works elsewhere.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer
We "know" or we "think we know"?

We know.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So did a woman write it?

If men wrote it we wouldn't be able to read the words.
edit on 3-5-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

A Google Scholar search produces very little in relation to Mr. Panin and no published "study of his works" by any author.

Please provide links?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Educated for the time I suppose, but they still had no idea they where on a planet orbiting a star.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Once your set in your ways its very hard to be open.a reply to: jimmyriddler

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ah I see what you were saying. You can do some of the calculations yourself if you like. There are gematria calculators online such as this one www.numberman.net... and some examples www.accessv.com... and another resource www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
But...but...bible code!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ah I see what you were saying. You can do some of the calculations yourself if you like. There are gematria calculators online such as this one www.numberman.net... and some examples www.accessv.com... and another resource www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Nope. That isn't what I asked for. I already know that Numerology is bunk, and it has nothing to do with the math working out or not.

Who confirmed these ideas? You said it happened, so produce the names. Otherwise you are talking out of your ass.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If you do a search for his name on google there is plenty of information about the guy and some that have been studying his work for decades. You can follow along with some of the examples on this page www.accessv.com... and use this calculator to confirm www.numberman.net...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I just gave you a link so you can see the calculations and confirm yourself.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I see no author information or anything resembling peer review.

Anything with any kind of accreditation?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

www.truthdefined.com... I'm not aware of any specific peer review as such, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I was reading about several people that have been studying his work for 28 years, you'll need to do a bit of digging if you are interested as I'm off to bed in a minute
He did graduate from Harvard University with a Masters in Literary Criticism, was a author of several books etc. There is some interesting information here en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-5-2016 by jimmyriddler because: added new information

edit on 3-5-2016 by jimmyriddler because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join