It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the West With NATO Ultimatum

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:
(post by AVoiceOfReason removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
rense.com... briefly and clearly who threatens and simultaneously whining that allegedly the victim

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
rense.com... briefly and clearly who threatens and simultaneously whining that allegedly the victim

Wow... Stephen Lendman is lost like no other on this topic.

His columns speak volumes -
Rense.com Guest Columnist - Stephen Lendman

Russia would be the threat and at the same time they are whining that they are the victim of "anti-Russian" / "russia-phobic" etc.

NATO did not invade Georgia - Russia did
NATO did not invade Moldova - Russia did
NATO did not invade Ukraine - Russia did

As for NATO being dominated by the US it sounds like someone needs to learn what NATO is and how it operates before making such a blatantly false statement.

Russia and her supporters need to understand that if they stir up trouble in a neighboring country, send in green men without insignia, then offer to "deploy peacekeepers" is in fact an invasion.

morons.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ya know I did say I would reply the following day after my last post. My apologies. I don't have the time or patience at the moment to source links so I won't. I will say that there has been a long history of not only voting to leave Ukraine but also asking the RF to accept them. It was denied a number of times.

As to the Georgia and Ukraine invasions; there was a reason. Again, the Warsaw pact hasn't been resurrected and nobody is inching up to or encroaching on NATO'S boarders. James Baker made a fairly implicit promise to the USSR. As far as Moldova is concerned I am not very well versed. Most of my understanding is based off what I learned from one of my Anthropology professors. He spent quite a bit of time in Romania and Moldova each year. Transnistria along with South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh and the like are remnants of Soviet failures. It seems that mother Russia is stepping in to clean up the mess and try to stabilize areas on its own borders. As I've said before; right or wrong, it certainly isn't unexpected and anybody that tries to frame it as being out of the blue and aggressive is either willfully ignorant or intentionally misleading. This part of the world has worked this way for a long long time.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: s3cz0ne

As to the Georgia and Ukraine invasions; there was a reason.

Yes it was, but that reason was a lie.

Georgia and Ukraine were invaded under the guise of protecting ethnic Russians when there was nobody to be protected from.

Again, the Warsaw pact hasn't been resurrected and nobody is inching up to or encroaching on NATO'S boarders.

NATO has no borders, but the countries that are part of NATO do.

James Baker made a fairly implicit promise to the USSR.

And what promise would that be?

It seems that mother Russia is stepping in to clean up the mess and try to stabilize areas on its own borders.

They are trying to clean up something they caused...how nice of them.

As I've said before; right or wrong, it certainly isn't unexpected and anybody that tries to frame it as being out of the blue and aggressive is either willfully ignorant or intentionally misleading.

Nope it's all well planned...just as it was for Crimea.

This part of the world has worked this way for a long long time.

Except those former soviet countries don't want the way it worked for so long, which is why they are trying to distance themselves from Russia.

Just because it has happened that way before doesn't mean that is how it should be now.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I don't see what you are worried about. Russia will never fire the first shot against NATO, and hasn't yet. They know NATO, and the USA specifically, can easily rally our people through media against Russian aggression the same way they earn sympathy for Israel when they are the first to break cease fires and fire bomb UN schools acting as shelters and blow up children playing soccer on beaches. It is really easy. Even the most alert and vigilante of us are subject to the brainwashing.

But not only that, they also know WE WILL use nukes if it came down to it, consequences be damned.
no more than 10-20 million people killed, TOPS!

As an American, I personally do not feel threatened by Russia knowing the capabilities we have. The war games exercises make for great tv time though

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I was highlighting how unstable Putin is becoming.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join