It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Threatens the West With NATO Ultimatum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
Yeah the OP while right in SOME matters does seem to be blind to the Wests wrong doings as well and is extremely biased.

End of the day it needs to be remembered

USA=Bad
NATO=BAD
EU=BAD
China=BAD
Russia=BAD

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
You are right(though with the ME I'd argue at least Russia is at least wanted there by someone). I'm not saying Russia is some amazing, sinless country. I'm just pointing out Russia's situation and the West's actions.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

No I am going to point out why he is a danger and why he should be removed.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Tiamat384

Any nation that qualifies can join NATO and the countries that have joined spent 50+ years under Nazi AND USSR occupation. Those sovereign countries have a right to take steps to protect themselves from Russian aggression.

If Russia didn't continually threaten their neighbors (or invade them) they might have more friends.

And Syria as a sovereign country has the right to defend itself from foes both domestic and foreign. They also have the right to seek help from whoever they like. Russia is there on behalf of the elected government while the US UK etc are not. Regardless of Russian elections in your previous post, I was talking about Syria.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Xcathdra
What of American and NATO aggression? Hmm?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What of it?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Maybe read the posts before asking an already answered question.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Russian aggression? Look at the West's aggression over the world following the Second World War.

Yes Russian aggression...

Korean war - N. Korea invades S. Korea and was supported by Russia / China / India / Mongolia.
Lebanon - After the barracks were attacked we occupied their port / airport.
Cuba - A failed invasion by US supported forces to remove communism from N. America - failed.
Vietnam - N. Vietnam, supported by China / Russia, invaded S. Vietnam.
Grenada - Seized by Cuban forces.
Panama - Removed Noriega.
Gulf War I - Iraq invades / occupies Kuwait. Multi national force removes Iraqi forces.
Haiti - US restored the elected President to power after a coup.
Bosnia - US / other forces entered to stop ethnic cleansing.
Afghanistan - Chapter VII article 51 invoked UN Charter.
Gulf War II - Finishing up what should have been done during gulf war I

Now, which one are you referring to?

and what should have been done in the gulf war? A country laid to waste, losing what order it had and left to be plundered by extremists?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Either way, what do you guys prefer? to live in a sphere influenced by the US and its Alies or Russia? That used to be the big question some 50 years ago. Now it's mostly assymetrical warfare and "green man" without insignias, cant tell who your enemy is in a clear way.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are right(though with the ME I'd argue at least Russia is at least wanted there by someone). I'm not saying Russia is some amazing, sinless country. I'm just pointing out Russia's situation and the West's actions.

a reply to: sg1642

wrong -

The US and other nations are present in Syria with the Syrian governments ok. Why do you guys constantly ignore that fact? Does it make your argument trying to blame the US for something that much harder or what?
edit on 3-5-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
South Vietnam would have rolled over if not for American intervention. They were willing to unite. Korea there was support, not boots. American interventions in the past decade or so have been beyond the necessities.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Relying on Russia for a ceasefire in Syria is like relying on Russia for a cease fire in Ukraine = its not gonna happen since they use cease fires to regroup / rearm / continue their attacks.
Because China is Island building in the south China sea they are the aggressor .Because Russia was asked by a souvenir nation to come in and help them fight back a barbaric group like ISIS/al-nusra and a multitude of groups made up of none Syrian people trying to over throw the elected president of Syria they are the aggressor . Because Kiev wont stop lobbing bombs into the east and wont pull back the Russia is the aggressor . You have your hat on too tight or are doing your reading in a mirror because what you are saying is the opposite to the truth of the matter . Your tag of 1. Dismiss 2. Distort
3. Distract 4. Dismay fits you to a T ....

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

During the first one Hussein should have been removed. Instead arab countries, even the ones fighting against Iraq, refused and kept him in power.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

wrong -

The US and other nations are present in Syria with the Syrian governments ok. Why do you guys constantly ignore that fact? Does it make your argument trying to blame the US for something that much harder or what?

And why do you ignore the fact that British and American intelligence have planned the invasion and control of Syria since the 50s?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

No I am going to point out why he is a danger and why he should be removed.

That was not the question, but you dont seem to be able to understand even very simple questions

YOU want to remove a foreign leader, and i asked you how you where gonna do that without war?

Hey, i dont care if you want war, just dont try to tell me your a good guy, and dont blame me when someone drops a bomb on your head - good luck with your war

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

South Vietnam would have rolled over if not for American intervention. They were willing to unite. Korea there was support, not boots. American interventions in the past decade or so have been beyond the necessities.

you made a claim that is not supported by facts. Now your going to try and split hairs? S. Vietnam didnt want unification. If they did the North would not have needed to invade.

S. Korea got a UNSCR to repel the N. Korean invasion.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

During the first one Hussein should have been removed. Instead arab countries, even the ones fighting against Iraq, refused and kept him in power.

So the West have the right to chop, change and plunder an entire region as and when they see fit? To put in place puppet dictatorships, sell them weapons of mass destruction and then use those same weapons as an excuse to remove said dictator at a later date?

We have kept the Middle East in a perpetual state of chaos and war as much as possible for decades but we have the nerve and hypocrisy to call out Putin?
edit on 0611642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm going to have to read up in a book/article and find the quote. But really, not supported by facts? You need to loosen your "thinking" cap so you can. Off to find the quote. Will take time. Not even sure there is a point; by the time I do this will be over.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Because China is Island building in the south China sea they are the aggressor .

Building fake islands does not create sovereign territory so yes they are the aggressors.

Because Russia was asked by a souvenir nation to come in and help them fight back a barbaric group like ISIS/al-nusra and a multitude of groups made up of none Syrian people trying to over throw the elected president of Syria they are the aggressor .

When they violated Turkish airspace yes. Also Assad was not "elected". Third the US and other nations are in Syria with their permission to fight ISIS. Russia is not fighting ISIS.

Because Kiev wont stop lobbing bombs into the east and wont pull back the Russia is the aggressor . You have your hat on too tight or are doing your reading in a mirror because what you are saying is the opposite to the truth of the matter . Your tag of 1. Dismiss 2. Distort
3. Distract 4. Dismay fits you to a T ....

Russia invaded Ukraine so yes they are the aggressor...

Finally, if you are done deflecting / distorting, take the time to read the OP and Russias threat to NATO which is what my post / comment was based on. Or is it to hard to defend Russian aggression against its neighbors so you just move t5he topic elsewhere?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The US and other nations are present in Syria with the Syrian governments ok
Not true . The State Dept. admitted that the addition of none boots boots on the ground were following in the foot steps of the CIA's training of groups that are fighting in Syria .Did Assuad ok them to do that ? Is that OK for the CIA to do ? Is it not suspicious that the CIA hasn't said much in the way of public comments in addressing this . I guess the CIA because of home land security has free pass in their activities in Syria and in Ukraine . Want to become a rebel group and need training and a supply of arms to over through your Govt then call the CIA because they are there for you ....give us a break for crying out loud .

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The OP seems to think only the Russians are doing wrong. He keeps failing to acknowledge the West's aggression which outdoes the Russian "aggression". Invading one nation, with some sort of reasoning. The reasoning is arguable, so I'm not going to say it was right. But look at American and NATO "interventions".

Can you show one example of western aggression that was just that, simple aggression, that "outdoes" Russian aggression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join