It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race and gender equality is a lie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's clearly not a rant and I hate to admit this but if you don't make a divisive thread title on ATS no one will read it.

The market determines the product labeling not the other way around.

Fair enough but why is it in the weaponry forum?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: theantediluvian

It's clearly not a rant and I hate to admit this but if you don't make a divisive thread title on ATS no one will read it.

The market determines the product labeling not the other way around.

Fair enough but why is it in the weaponry forum?

Must be a miss click woops!

Meant for social issues mods please fix!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I was really reading this hoping to see how race and gender equality were going to segue into a weaponry related topic. Dissapointing.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yep..However, it's the same story in Canada. My trucking takes me there regularly. If anything, even more pronounced than the U.S..

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Really? To what law do you refer? Washington St. is a 'right to fire' state. These 'policies' are nod-nod, wink, wink, from the county, State and Federal authorities as well.

All a lady has to do is claim sexual discrimination, even regarding promotion....whether provable or not, and will likely receive a settlement from that Corporation as image is more important than anything. Of course, there is now a track record for that 'suit' that will follow her future career.

Perhaps what I might not have explained fully, if it's close, or borderline, or perhaps a 'tie', the decision will go the 'safer' route. Promotions, hires , dismissals...

Nothing 'blatant'. Nothing provable, court-wise....

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
this is not a rant yet its all conjecture and opinion based.

how is this not a rant. or you could have simply continued in one of the many under privilege suffering and oppressed white male threads.

you could have filled in the blanks will all the merit stuff....

this country wasnt founded on the concepts of equality gender or otherwise.
the hardest part is accepting this is America. we like the idea of equality more than equality.
its how it is. accept it..
edit on 3-5-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So it isn't actually HR policy then, it is what people believe happens. Couldn't possibly be women or minorities getting a job on merit could it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Social issues are observations and conjecture.

Are you saying that we can't have observations and ideas without that being rants?

I can't think for myself someone else has to independently verify everything?
edit on 5/3/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Social issues are observations and conjecture.

Are you saying that we can't have observations and ideas without that being rants?

I can't think for myself someone else has to independently verify everything?

Essentially what's happening is rather than focusing on a merit based system of opportunity gender and race is being used to create a social biased against men and white men in particular.

Where are you getting this from. is this your opinion or like minded like you ,im sure theyll agree. where do you live, is this in the US?
I can show you data and videos and news articles or we can do social experiments if youd like to see if you opinion is fact or not.
i live SO cal. we can do any social experiment you want before you make claims like bias against white male. i think you need to see for yourself and not imagine it.
so this is a challenge, if this is not a rant, and you can quantify this bias based on statistical random examples, I live in OC and we can message each other and take it from there. after all were here to deny ignorance.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

No. I'm not lying nor exaggerating.
This was direct communication from HR to her. I believe it is also State 'policy'. NOT law.

Many such policies exist, at least in this state. An example is allowing teen-agers to receive free abortions from the State without parental notification/approval. This is not legislated. It is 'policy'.

I will try to find something on-line seeing your skeptical of what I say.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

i wish people would see these things, even in generalities, all races have different strengths, the two sexes have different strengths. we are different, let us embrace these things instead of deny them.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

i wish people would see these things, even in generalities, all races have different strengths, the two sexes have different strengths. we are different, let us embrace these things instead of deny them.

I totally agree we are different and trying to prove that we are all the same is crazy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

How about affirmative action where enrollees are chosen on gender and not based on their ability where potentially people who would otherwise be chosen are left out due to not being the right race?

Here's one example.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

mg.co.za...

Ban international sports until teams meet racial

How about media driven hype as an example

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
But how are the genders not equal? Men and women are equal.

You may say size and strength but that also dictates that not all men are created equal. One of our founding principles here in the States.

But with technology, all humans are created equal except for that rare job where you need strength and size. In all other areas though, the genders are equal.

Here's a small list.

Programming, teaching, Musicianship, Artists, writers, poets, Sculptors, Instructors, Firearms instructors, Supervisors, preachers, Managers, Leads, Customer Service, Information Technologies, CEOs, Accountants, Martial Arts Instructors, Pundits and newscasters, reporters, Salesmen, Farmers, Airplane Pilots, Actors, Welders, Medics, Doctors, Nurses, Truck Drivers, Electricians, Plumbers, Machinists, Gamblers, Taxi Drivers, Jewelers, Cooks, Chefs, Bartenders, Presidents, Vice Presidents, congresspeople etc.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Why don't you go ahead and show how one thing in the OP is wrong or misrepresented instead of trying to start an entire thread about why this thread need....

Allow me to inform you of the definition of rant..

speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way:

im just curious as to where this is from, polls, census, study or research by a publication or... what
OP:

Essentially what's happening is rather than focusing on a merit based system of opportunity gender and race is being used to create a social biased against men and white men in particular. 

How about in the White House...

cei.org...

Obama Administration Seeks Quotas Based on Disability, Race, and Perhaps Sexual Orientation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join