It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Wi-Fi Breakthroughs: TV Documentary, School Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

A very important three and thank you.

I think the Israeli's have done an important piece of research for us all and their programme was well balanced. Of course they would have used a strong presenter because of the health issues but they balanced this programme with people have suffered, mention of a UK (sadly not named) youngster) but whom its claimed committed suicide because of SE and then the medical experts Prof Richter and Dr Yael Stein. They even had a Technical Engineer Liran Rax so I think they were well presented with the experts needed for these findings.

One paragraph said something that bothered me which was that "Two government ""Experts"" admitted on the show that the Thermal Safety Standard is irrelevant which is not what they told the Supreme Court". Now one has to wonder whether they found this out later or conspired to deceive?

The Israeli's have removed from their schools in one city Wi-Fi because of its threat to their children's health.

Tachover isn't just a strong presenter she is an Attorney with offices in Israel and New York so whether there will be a lot of suing one will have to wait and see.

This is very important research because it affects everyone using Wi-Fi and although I suspect there will be a lot more coming out on both sides of this problem/argument, we know that our health never gets in the way of profit.

I am making the leap in faith only, something has to explain the huge numbers of cancers we are suffering today. I remember at school hardly anyone getting anything other than colds. bronchitis etc, today a walk around my granddaughter's class of 5 year olds shows so many health conditions its horrifying - what has gone so wrong between the 50s/60s to now is most likely a combination of things and we already are getting to grips with nutritional problems, but something is driving cancer levels and other conditions, if we were able to remove Wi-Fi from the causes the research would be invaluable.

I look forward to seeing this programme or one like it on the BBC

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

My WiFi is powered by a plug-pack adapter that produces 12 Volts at 1 Amp = 12 Watts output. It is fairly standard.

I also have a battery powered MagLite torch which takes four D cell alkaline batteries. Each battery is rated to produce 12-18 Amps for an hour at 1.5 volts = 27 Watts x 4 = 108 Watts.

So my Wifi consumes 1/9th of the power that supplies my battery powered flashlight.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly
a reply to: chr0naut

It is a common security trick to create hundreds of fake WiFi networks and to hide your true one somewhere in there.

But using some very simple Linux passive tools, you can relate activities to specific AP, even if they are not transmitting their beacons, record then decrypt an entire session...

Yup, but your average script kiddy doesn't bother when faced with a wall of SSID's.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Yup, but your average script kiddy doesn't bother when faced with a wall of SSID's.

Most hacker wannabe will take it as a challenge and redouble effort to crack it!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

My WiFi is powered by a plug-pack adapter that produces 12 Volts at 1 Amp = 12 Watts output. It is fairly standard.

This is the input DC power to the assy. NOT the RF power sent to the antenna and NOT the ERP.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've wondered about possible health effects from both wifi radiation and cell signal radiation. I wondered even more when I bought a new iPad and found out I still got a good signal inside a building inside a wood desk drawer and I even had it closed one time and it still picked up a signal.

I thought when I first turned on my wifi router at home that maybe I wasn't sleeping as good as I once did. Maybe I got used to it. Maybe not. I fell asleep tonight and am awake 2.5 hours earlier than I should be. Something about the dark background on ATS helps me get drowsy again.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I am making the leap in faith only, something has to explain the huge numbers of cancers we are suffering today. I remember at school hardly anyone getting anything other than colds. bronchitis etc, today a walk around my granddaughter's class of 5 year olds shows so many health conditions its horrifying - what has gone so wrong between the 50s/60s to now is most likely a combination of things and we already are getting to grips with nutritional problems, but something is driving cancer levels and other conditions

Not to derail the thread, but elsewhere on ATS I have posted sugar consumption evolution and history.

You have your answer, sugar. Not the only cause but an important one.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

This is the input DC power to the assy. NOT the RF power sent to the antenna and NOT the ERP.

I know because they are less than the input power, right.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

I did say "were already getting to grips with nutritional problems" and assumed it would be taken that every nutritional
had 'generally' covered things like sugar etc and also because I hadn't wanted to derail this important thread.

But humans are complicated and "One man's meat is another man's poison" etc especially with food (and medicines). But we have had nutritional issues since the 1930's but SE seems to be a new thing that has come in with our rushing technology. I am also going to harp back to our mobile phones with the discussions on how bad they are for us.

We go on about RSI and worry about our kids and our thumbs etc but I do think some technological advances need a lot more testing but this gets sets aside with the rush for profit.

I hope this programme goes round the world because if this is a problem it affects everyone within range old and young and especially in the workplace also.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I hope this programme goes round the world because if this is a problem it affects everyone within range old and young and especially in the workplace also.

Not that I want to protect industries from using too much RF everywhere or deflect. As you may have guessed, I have LOTS of academic formation in the fields of electronics and RF, maybe I tend to defend this business I know, but maybe also this is because I know it!

Anyway, the problem is simple to solve as I said earlier, reduce your exposure by staying at distance from antennas, reduce TX power when possible, use fixed ethernet cabling for your LAN, use a wired POTS telephone instead of a cell, stop using a microwave...

Using technology is a personal choice, no one is forcing you to have those gadgets. And have no fear of the cell tower a few km aways or the router of the neighbours, the power you receive from them is not incredibly higher than other natural RF emission source like the Sun or the thermal background. In fact, this is background emission (noise) that limit RF transmission (mostly). Did you knew that a conventional hot oven is a source of RF emission?

ETA:

There exist simple mean to detect RF sources just by soldering a diode onto a dipole, and using a simple circuit to input into the MIC input of a computer to produce a wideband RF detector that will be usefull to ID nearby source of RF. Can find it for you if you wish.

edit on 2016-5-3 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
More important than the electromagnetic waves penetrating us from everywhere, both man made and space (all 'emf' is penetrating waves (even sound and color)), is whether the form these waves take is ionizing or non ionizing radiation. You can safely microwave your food as long you don't stand too close to the oven. Some of the escaping radiation can be harmful ionizing radiation. Same with rays form the sun, deep space and any radioactive contamination 'lying around' in the environment.

The belief that non ionizing radiation is harmful on some evel isn't proven… like laying in the sun too much can burn you, laying next to a wifi signal generator can't.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply. I took on board your earlier post on the first page of this and the advice you gave. I take the points you make because having stayed in Cornwall we had light exposure to radiation through some of the rocks etc so have been aware of this instance since the 1970's. I certainly didn't know my oven was also a source of RF emissions.

I suspect a lot of us are reading your advice and of course everything is personal choice to an extent, except when it comes to the PDA's for workers who have to be contacted and instructed, such as my son' who spends part of his day with this contraption up against his head or typing. He made the odd comment that some of the towers in the city he lives in are on top of old people's blocks of flats, I now wonder - but I suspect as the article makes the point, we are already late in dealing with our safety issues here.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I used to have the modem about a foot from my hip at the desk. I had this dull ache for about a year in that hip. I moved the modem over about three feet away after reading that the signal could cause soreness. I was skeptical but within three days the ache was gone.

Since I did not believe it would work I feel that this was not a placebo effect. The pain has not returned and it got even better when I moved the computer away. Electromagnetic radiation can cause pain if you are exposed to it for a long time with it effecting a small area and very close. This is all I can conclude. My brother actually bought an ion meter and we tested a bunch of stuff to see what was being emitted. I would say the worst thing we found was the microwave oven, it would light up the whole kitchen. If you were standing in front of that quite a bit, it could effect you.

I grew up around high energy sources, I know they effect you. Also, talking on the phone too much can effect the mind. I knew about the effect of headphones and the speaker in phones next to the head forty years ago. Actually, the magnet size has decreased. I am not afraid of them, I just have learned that you can get problems from being in the field a lot. Most times it is not too bad, but some sources can cause problems like with higher voltage.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
"The machines will take over the world..."

The human body needs both positive and negative ions to be in balance. A machine, any machine as long as it is 'plugged in', will draw the negative ions from the atmosphere and further up, the ionosphere.

So if not using a light or lava machine, un-plug it..

But take a pic of the lava lamp first...

namaste

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have been looking into this for many years... Chances are pretty good it's not the wifi. Chances are people can suffer from hypochondria, be a little anxious when it comes to their health and probably wanna commit suicide for a vast amounts of other reasons.

The 4 walls surrounding you emit more ionized radiation than your wifi ever will.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

... because having stayed in Cornwall we had light exposure to radiation through some of the rocks etc

Radioactivity is not the same, yes gamma rays are EM radiation but they are not considered RF.

I certainly didn't know my oven was also a source of RF emissions.

Everything above absolute zero is a source of RF. We use the figure -174dBm/Hz for background at normal temp. We also express noise of low noise amplifier as their equivalent noise temperature in kelvin.

He made the odd comment that some of the towers in the city he lives in are on top of old people's blocks of flats

Cell tower antenna are directional, they "trim" the radiation pattern to get a specific geometry for the cell zone coverage. The radiation directly under is less than in line of the main lobe. See radiation pattern of a directional antenna: Radiation pattern

Here I have a small anecdote I repeat often here on ATS:

When young, I was an avid technical reader. Once, I read something about the strange occurence that RF and RADAR technicians have offspring having a preponderance of girls.

Couple years fast forward, was a trainee at a big transportation Co., my supervisor was the RF technician of the floor, his workbench full of the equipment needed for repair of radiocommunication equipment. He even had to remove wedding ring to avoid induction while working in radio. It is he who taught me the danger of those nasty RF burn when working in radio. One days while chatting with him, I told him the thing I have read about mostly girls as offspring, he looked weird at me and said all I have is three girls!!!

Couple years fast forward again, this time working at a major MIL contractor. They used to employ a lot of ex military guys (it look good when they bid for a contract for the army). One guy I knew was an old MIL RADAR tech, again I spoke about the story about mostly girls as offspring, again I got someone weirdly looking at me and saying all I have is girls...

What does it mean? Probably nothing except it made me keep an open mind even when we think we know everything.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I thought some studies of the geography of some cancers had located clusters very near such antennae.

Maybe I'm imagining it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Or do like me, use a good old wired ethernet network.

Got one word for you:

Use the Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card . No wireless in the known universe can hold a candle to it.
Wired : speed and performance
Wireless: piece of crap

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I suppose it's possible, though I think it's psychosomatic / "mass-hysteria" - and I'm a "health nut / natural freak", suspicious of chemicals, etc. type person. All legitimate evidence I've found (controlled studies) points to whatever the problem people are having, it's not caused by any form of electromagnetism / radiowaves.

If I'm wrong, my guess is there's a plurality of synergistic factors (i.e. 'X' chemical built up in the system leads to depletion of 'Y' hormone in individuals with 'Z' genetic marker, which then leads to a condition in the nerves / brain, causing a susceptibility to certain disruptive wavelengths.) The reason I say this, is there's just no reasonable evidence to suggest WiFi itself is dangerous, or any explanation for the mechnism of action which would make it so.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Use the Bigfoot Networks Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card . No wireless in the known universe can hold a candle to it.
Wired : speed and performance
Wireless: piece of crap

I consider Intel chipset based network & Intel made card have the high hand on performance and reliability. Using cat 6 wiring, you can xfert at near theorical max speed using a correctly configured/optimized network protocol like NFS.

But as you said: Wireless is piece of crap and I don't understand why people bother with WiFi...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join