It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Wi-Fi Breakthroughs: TV Documentary, School Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wed., Apr. 20, 2016
By Jack O'Dwyer
www.odwyerpr.com...

. . .
Said Tachover: “The host was a leading TV media person and his tone was uncompromising - no maybes, precautionary etc., the tone was - there is an epidemic out there. Wireless harms and it is time for us to wake up as it is late already. He started by saying that at least 800,000 people in Israel, i.e. 10% of the population already suffer from different levels of ES and twice aired parts of my interview in which I was saying that the rates are already higher and will continue to increase.”
Two government "experts" admitted on the show that the thermal safety standard is irrelevant which is not what they told the Supreme Court, wrote Tachover.
. . .
Said Tachover: “Electro-Sensitivity is an epidemic and not three percent of the population. We are now in the double digits in terms of ES. The public must be told. Wi-Fi in schools is a disaster and as a person who spends two to four hours every day on the phone with people and children who got sick, with many contemplate committing suicide, I urge you all to be uncompromising. The truth, and all of it must be told. Continued good luck to us all and thanks to anyone out there who stands up to evil and stupidity.”

I think this is a very sobering article.

I understand about the extra sensitivity that many people have to such radiation. And I suspect that many more are destructively influenced by it than merely those "hyper-sensitive" to it.

I've been wondering for some time if I need to move my modem/WiFi further than the 8-12 feet it is from me usually, as I computer in my Laz-Y-Boy. And all the more so now that I have a pacemaker. Maybe I need to write the manufacturer again.
There is soooooooo much radiation from so many directions bombarding us. I just don't buy that it's all harmless. And, I think that in many cases, weaker signals may have more biological impacts than strong signals on some neurological and some organ systems.
That reminds me, I was going to look up the state of European research on the topic. Still need to do that.
Certainly, children getting sick with such symptoms need support and the causes thoroughly investigated, imho.
I just don't think that children are the only ones damaged by such technologies.
Sigh.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
School ban means nothing.

Try scanning your surroundings with a friendly wi-fi microwave device that can see them. I live in an area that looks like it should "not" have much wireless, and you would be AMAZED. I have a wifi antenna that can pick up more signals from up to 50 feet away. I can access over 125 access points from my doorstep outside, and there aren't any apartments around me.

If they want to try fixing something with this apparent problem over there in Israel, they should worry MOST about when the wifi interferes with their childrens' sleep....

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Your point is well made and well taken by me, at least.

I can pick up far more than I expected from my recliner, too. And that's with a metal singlewide around me--though I'm not sure how much that matters these days at such frequencies. I just don't know. Not up on that.

Certainly they bombard us from every angle on multiple frequencies.

And sleep evidently is at risk for some people.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

The host was a leading TV media person and his tone was uncompromising - no maybes, precautionary etc.

A leading TV media person. Well that's good enough for me.

edit on 5/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

LOLOL.

I assume you read further in the article than that!?!

I think the Israeli's are a lot more careful about their children in such matters than the average American.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I assume you read further in the article than that!?!

Yes I did.
I saw nothing that indicates any validity to the claims.

This review showed that the large majority of individuals who claims to be able to detect low level RF-EMF are not able to do so under double-blind conditions. If such individuals exist, they represent a small minority and have not been identified yet. The available observational studies do not allow differentiating between biophysical from EMF and nocebo effects.

www.sciencedirect.com...

A number of studies have been conducted where EHS individuals were exposed to EMF similar to those that they attributed to the cause of their symptoms. The aim was to elicit symptoms under controlled laboratory conditions.

The majority of studies indicate that EHS individuals cannot detect EMF exposure any more accurately than non-EHS individuals. Well controlled and conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms were not correlated with EMF exposure.

www.who.int...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I've been wondering for some time if I need to move my modem/WiFi further than the 8-12 feet it is from me usually, as I computer in my Laz-Y-Boy. And all the more so now that I have a pacemaker. Maybe I need to write the manufacturer again.

The only reserve I have about RF at low power is distance within the first couple wavelength of the antenna, the so called near field where E and H components still exist in an uncoupled state. At 2.4GHz, one wavelength is 125mm.

Also, RF power density fall rapidly with distance if you use a normal omnidirectionnal antenna; I'm sure you're not in front of a parabolic dish. Get some distance between you and your router. However if you use a laptop or whatever receive the signal, it transmit also... Or do like me, use a good old wired ethernet network.

A good practice is to log into your router and reduce as much as possible the TX power when possible, no need to have your signal available a couple roads further down the block.

As for peoples with RF sensitivity, I always heard that when they are subjected to double blind testing, no one is able to detect or correlate any symptoms with presence of the RF field.

And for any theorical low power effect or resonance on living tissue, all that I can say is that we can detect with very high sensitivity an absorption or a resonance using a spectrum analyser. Anything interacting will show a dip/peak on the trace of the spectrum. MRI machine use this principle to image the interior of a patient, they need to expose the patient to enormous level of a static magnetic field to allow proton resonance and then excite them with very high level of RF (the limit is fixed by the increase in temperature inside the patient), just to get very little interaction.

In other words, any interaction would be detectable, like alpha helix of a protein put in resonance. If it would exist at usefull RF frequencies, it would be a fantastic medical imaging tool.

Another thing to note is that for an efficient coupling of energy, the receiver MUST be of a dimension similar to the wavelength of the RF. As the receiver decrease in size, the coupling fall rapidly. So the energy transfered to a human cell even exhibiting resonance would be incredibly small. That is why MRI need enormous RF power, incredibly sensitive and low noise receiver and multiples sampling to construct an acceptable image.

edit on 2016-5-3 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Now, Phage . . . you are smart enough to know that

conscious detection of EMF

may be very different from

subtle but significant impacts on various structures and systems in the human body.

I think you are still erring far too much on the false negative risk side of this issue.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

subtle but significant impacts on various structures and systems in the human body.

Why do they attribute their illness to electromagnetic radiation?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
School ban means nothing.

Try scanning your surroundings with a friendly wi-fi microwave device that can see them. I live in an area that looks like it should "not" have much wireless, and you would be AMAZED. I have a wifi antenna that can pick up more signals from up to 50 feet away. I can access over 125 access points from my doorstep outside, and there aren't any apartments around me.

If they want to try fixing something with this apparent problem over there in Israel, they should worry MOST about when the wifi interferes with their childrens' sleep....

Number of WiFi id's does not equal number of access points.

It is a common security trick to create hundreds of fake WiFi networks and to hide your true one somewhere in there.

You have found that someone nearby is using 'security through obscurity'.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterMcFly

You are more convincing than Phage. LOL.

So, I gather that my router is probably far enough to not be a significant problem. 125mm is . . . less than 6+ feet by a good margin. LOL.

I'd have to study up about logging into my unit to reduce the power of it. If you have a link to a good tutorial, that would be grand. Sounds like a worthy thing to do from a couple of standpoints.

Much appreciate your kind and meaty reply.

I did understand about no evidence of any . . . interference or . . . signal getting diminished on tissues etc. . . . I guess I was still skeptical that there was THAT little evidence. You moved me further toward accepting your analysis as valid and correct. Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why do they attribute their illness to electromagnetic radiation?

There is that, alright. It doesn't appear they'd have a good answer.

I suppose that they might note that when they are away significantly further distances from such--the symptoms go away.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I suppose that they might note that when they are away significantly further distances from such--the symptoms go away.
Which sort of relates to what I posted. Yes? The tests that show that people can't really tell if they are being exposed or not.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'd have to study up about logging into my unit to reduce the power of it. If you have a link to a good tutorial, that would be grand. Sounds like a worthy thing to do from a couple of standpoints.

You can find this info inside the user's manual of your router. It is a good idea to review the settings just to make sure it is secured. You would be surprised how many router can be covertly penetrated just using the default login and password!!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

True . . . and it could be an example of learned helplessness keying on contextual cues.

Or, we could be wrong and something not yet quite detected might be going on. LOL.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It is a common security trick to create hundreds of fake WiFi networks and to hide your true one somewhere in there.

But using some very simple Linux passive tools, you can relate activities to specific AP, even if they are not transmitting their beacons, record then decrypt an entire session...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Don't recall a manual in the box.
I could probably look one up on the net.

THX THX.

edit on 3/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: thanks re security risk!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Yuck.

We are so screwed so many different ways in terms of privacy. Have been for 45+ years.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Remove (edit out) the co. and model name of your router, you create a security risk !!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA:

When hacking someone, the hardest part is sometime to identify the exact Co. , model nbr, firmware revision. Once done you can lookup some exploit to use. So ALWAYS try to keep info on the hardware you use like a state secret. A good idea is to "disguise" it into something else and let the script kiddy try exploits that does not work.
edit on 2016-5-3 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

THANKS BIG. I wondered about that when I put it in.

On that point . . . I think at 02:45 . . . it's bedtime for this bonzo.

Thanks y'all. Love the dialogue.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join