It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And there is no anti-white agenda...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I can't reason away people's persecution complexes.

Part of your problem is that you just ignore any evidence contrary to your position. I posted several links to main stream, anti-white racism and both you and the other guy ignored them.

Lol those videos you posted on the previous page? I don't see them as evidence of anything except selective anecdotes used to push a confirmation bias.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

In regards to women, the data shows women' simply choose different career choices (on the whole) than men. They also work less hours, less dangerous jobs and many choose to stay home with the family.

What does this have to do with women or minorities seeking out positions they are unqualified for? Which the other poster was alluding as a problem.

Why do guys like you never ask, "why aren't women working in mines are as garbage truck drivers"? You seem content with those being almost exclusively male jobs.

Women are represented in both of those professions.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Claims of racism against white people is the new rallying cry of the white racist. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. All you white people with all your 'proof' are screaming it from the roof tops around here. Whaaa Whaaa wahhhh , oh, those colored folk, they just be out to get us. I'm so sick of it. Quit your crying and grow up.

Preaching hate is still preaching hate. You don't get a Get Out of Bigotry Free card just because you aren't white. On second thought, maybe you do... It's all about what society will let you get away with, and yes historically white's have taken advantage of that in a really ugly way. So, over the last couple hundred years European/whites have gotten away with a lot of horrible, horrible things, and institutional racism does still exist within the framework of a dominant white culture. Resentment is understandable, but there are extreme manifestations of derision from minorities that aren't doing anything to soothe racial tensions. Pretending like that doesn't exist, and that there isn't a consistent undercurrent of resentment towards whites presented in the media, even mainstream media, is choosing to be blind.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So the issue is merit based opportunity and not gender and race equality.

We need to foster a culture of merit and accountability and giving people opportunities because of their gender and skin color is not going to do that.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So the issue is merit based opportunity and not gender and race equality.

We need to foster a culture of merit and accountability and giving people opportunities because of their gender and skin color is not going to do that.

Well you still haven't explained how we would go about implementing that. To me, merit based opportunities are just the product of idealism. We can't get away from humanity's ingrained biases no matter how much we want to. At the end of the day, people WILL promote or hire based on aspects other than merit. It is a done deal. The very fact that you don't have a solution as well speaks to how impossible such a feat would be to implement.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I don't really have a solution other than cultural values.

We need to value culturally merit and not nepotism.

It's not simple but swinging from a biased system to a biased system is not a solution.

I don't know why you would fight against a merit based system simply because it's hard to achieve.

We need to start by changing the conversation first and getting everyone focused on the real issue then we can work on a solution together.
edit on 5/3/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Why are you saying I'd fight against a merit based system? I've clearly said several times across the thread that a merit based system would be preferable and have asked you (again several times) to come up with a way to implement one. I just don't believe it is feasible to implement, but if you can prove me wrong by producing a workable solution then I'm all ears.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Throw some ideas out I'm the only talking about it how about some input?

Unless of course your just here to debate and not actually come up with some sutions yourself.

I already said I don't know but talking about it is the starting point.

How about we use the same system that places people of color and kf gender ahead to simply ensure merits are involved?

How about we start by asking ourselves what is a merit based system, what defines it

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Racism knows no color.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Well I don't see it as a viable solution, so what good would my ideas be? Really the only way I see to get a merit based system to work properly would be to drastically redefine society's morals to elevate meritocracy to something that is highly desired. As it stands now, the idea of meritocracy is more just lip service and rhetoric than actually practiced.

Hell we don't even elect our politicians by merit anymore. We just elect them because they can appeal to our emotions and say stuff we agree with. The continuing dysfunction of Congress is proof of this. If we elected based on meritocracy then as soon as Congress became gridlocked and it extended into an election, then those fools would be voted out because their merits aren't adding up.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I agree but the difference is I don't see things as impossible.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Part of your problem is that you just ignore any evidence contrary to your position. I posted several links to main stream, anti-white racism and both you and the other guy ignored them.

Lol those videos you posted on the previous page? I don't see them as evidence of anything except selective anecdotes used to push a confirmation bias.

One is anti-white racism being taught in the classroom, one is racism being taught in the main stream and the other is a result of those other two and you just dismiss that out of hand? This isn't the only examples of what's happening now in our society, but it's a good example. Like I said, it's like you're programmed to just ignore anything that pierces your world view.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

All you do is deflect when confronted with your hypocrisy. Any women in these professions are token, a TINY percentage.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I just said it wasn't viable. Not impossible. Like I said, if you can come up with a plan, I'm all ears.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

One is anti-white racism being taught in the classroom, one is racism being taught in the main stream and the other is a result of those other two and you just dismiss that out of hand? This isn't the only examples of what's happening now in our society, but it's a good example. Like I said, it's like you're programmed to just ignore anything that pierces your world view.

And it's like you are programmed to want to see white racism everywhere or pretend it is more widespread than it is in reality. For the record, I NEVER said that white racism doesn't exist. I just said it isn't as widespread as you want to believe it is.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

All you do is deflect when confronted with your hypocrisy. Any women in these professions are token, a TINY percentage.

I'm not sure you know what the definition of "deflect" is. Though it is a nice buzzword for you to use to get under people's skin, so I see why you are misusing it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And it's like you are programmed to want to see white racism everywhere or pretend it is more widespread than it is in reality. For the record, I NEVER said that white racism doesn't exist. I just said it isn't as widespread as you want to believe it is.
It's spread enough that we see it openly displayed in main stream media and on university campuses all over the country! Your solution is to ignore it, so that it will continue to get worse? I don't get it.

This is from Harvard. The black students won a debate on renewable energy by arguing in favor of white genocide. Before you deflect with "they're supposed to argue extreme positions" , go ahead and show me a single example of a debate where genocide of any people's was being argued or defended.

This is happening all over the country:

I'm so tired of people who claim to be against racism, but chuckle and dismiss the growing popularity of anti-white racism.

I'm not sure you know what the definition of "deflect" is. Though it is a nice buzzword for you to use to get under people's skin, so I see why you are misusing it.

You're being disingenuous with your response. Women are represented in probably every field, but here you are whining about not enough women being in certain positions. Then when you're confronted with the fact people like you aren't interested in getting women in to the male dominated dangerous/gross fields, you deflect by saying "women are represented in those fields".
edit on 3-5-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You aren't going to convince me with anecdotes mate. That is just confirmation bias fodder. When you start posting data and statistics instead of youtube videos, I'll start taking you a bit more seriously.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Claims of racism against white people is the new rallying cry of the white racist. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. All you white people with all your 'proof' are screaming it from the roof tops around here. Whaaa Whaaa wahhhh , oh, those colored folk, they just be out to get us. I'm so sick of it. Quit your crying and grow up.

So what you are trying to say is that racism doesn't exist for white people? Are you implying that only white people can be racist?

No I am not. Just because I bemoan one form of racism does not mean I condone another. You read that into my statement all by yourself.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Affirmative action is alive and well everywhere and people are given opportunities to join universities and companies are giving opportunities in order to diversify.

We have successfully unbalanced the equation in favor of minorities and now the scales are tipping in the opposite direction because bias wont work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join