It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And there is no anti-white agenda...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

White privilege is a seriously deluded concept...

Of course, in a majority white country, you will find more white people as a whole who have money or what ever privilege you wish to appropriate. There's also a flip side to this, more whites will be in poverty and in need of social assistance..

Wake up use reason, abandon your dogmas! the religious right had to, and now the "progressive left" must as well, join us, where free thought and intellectualism is cherished, where the racist reinforcing ideas of identity politics are put through the flames of discernment, and found wanting.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

That may be the case but whites aren't the sole dominant demographic anymore. For one, we are outnumbered by all other minorities combined. So that alone says that given an even distribution, whites should at the most makeup no more than 50% of a workforce/list of promotions/school attendees/whathaveyou.

The shear fact is that statistics are GROSSLY lopsided in white favor. More than they should be. This says that there is more going on than just whites outnumbering everyone else. This is where white privilege comes in. And like I've been saying, there is nothing self-hating about admitting that white privilege exists. Acknowledging its existence allows us to work to bring OTHER demographics up to our level. We don't have to be brought down to their level. Sure we have to more readily share our perks, but I'm ok with that. As an example, I'd rather no one went to jail for drugs instead of mostly blacks or mexicans going while white people usually get slaps on the wrist. Why can't everyone get slaps on the wrist? Or no punishments at all?

Another issue that needs to be more thoroughly addressed is class privilege. Class privilege also effects poor whites, but since blacks and mexicans are more likely to live in poorer neighborhoods, it effects them more. But I don't want to downplay the effect on whites either. And with the recent economic downturns we've been experiencing, there is a brand new group of whites that are getting to experience the negatives of class privilege. But don't confuse class privilege with racial (white) privilege. They both exist and are both harmful to the idea of a free society, but minorities are negatively effected by BOTH types of privilege which makes their situation a tad worse than what whites are experiencing.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Show me examples of Asian privilege or Black privilege existing then maybe we can have something to complain about.

So in countries with a majority Asian population, there is no Asian privilege. What a surprise, this is an exclusively white defect. All those links you posted are ridiculous and nothing more than propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm not talking about other countries. I'm talking about my country. Why should I worry myself on what other countries are doing? Why do you always deflect and worry what other people are doing? Don't you know what the expression, "stay in your lane" means? # was drilled into me in basic training for weapons training... In any case it means mind your own business.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

I'm not talking about other countries. I'm talking about my country. Why should I worry myself on what other countries are doing? Why do you always deflect and worry what other people are doing? Don't you know what the expression, "stay in your lane" means? # was drilled into me in basic training for weapons training... In any case it means mind your own business.

And yet isn't that what progressives are asking people to do, worry about people in other countries. In Europe, progressives demand that countries open there borders to people from other countries. The same is happening in the US. Refugees and illegal immigrants are demanding access to the US, and progressives are demanding that the US allow them.

If you do not care about other countries, why should the white elites care about people that are not like them? Yet they are constantly told they are privileged and must acquiesce to others. As a US citizen (I am assuming you are one based on how you are talking) what do you say to the fact that you have a privilege that most else in the world don't have. What are you doing to make amends for the evils your privilege has wrought on the world?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
And yet isn't that what progressives are asking people to do, worry about people in other countries. In Europe, progressives demand that countries open there borders to people from other countries. The same is happening in the US. Refugees and illegal immigrants are demanding access to the US, and progressives are demanding that the US allow them.

The refugee situation is a completely different monster than what we are talking about right now. Those people are entering our country because they are fleeing a war torn area. It's what refugees do. That's how they've behaved since war has existed. To shoo them away because of some overhyped fears of what they may do to us is just inhuman.

If you do not care about other countries, why should the white elites care about people that are not like them? Yet they are constantly told they are privileged and must acquiesce to others.

I don't care about other countries because I don't have any say on how they should behave or an influence on their values. I DO have a say in how my government behaves and can influence my society's values. So looking at it like that, you just compared apples to oranges.

As a US citizen (I am assuming you are one based on how you are talking) what do you say to the fact that you have a privilege that most else in the world don't have. What are you doing to make amends for the evils your privilege has wrought on the world?

This needed its own paragraph. Well for one I support removing our troops from all conflicts around the world. I support trying to fix global warming. I support trying to help our neighbor to the south get back onto its feet economically (which it is doing now).

I'm sure there are privileges I have in the US that others in the world don't have that I'm not aware of, and if possible if someone were to point them out to me, I'd like to help others get to our level.

You see. I don't mind others being on my level. I don't see bringing people less fortunate as me up to my fortune level as taking away from what I have. I see it as making it possible for more people to enjoy my happiness.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

That may be the case but whites aren't the sole dominant demographic anymore. For one, we are outnumbered by all other minorities combined. So that alone says that given an even distribution, whites should at the most makeup no more than 50% of a workforce/list of promotions/school attendees/whathaveyou.

This is a vastly oversimplified way of looking at things. If whites have historically been the most populous race in this country, they have already had a foothold. When other groups come in or grow, they don't just get to say, "now we are 20% of the population, we want 20% of the wealth!"

Also the facts that people of Asian background outperform whites on everything you listed, graduates, iq, wealth, employment, less criminal prosecution, etc. So why has white Privilege not kept them from succeeding?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I am not going to derail the thread, I would love for you to start a thread on white privilege and we could discuss it. The OP said their seems to be an anti white agenda. You said he and others like him were crazy and had a persecution complex. You shut down evidence to the contrary as anecdotal, but then when confronted with overwhelming proof that US academia condemns or interrogates only whiteness and no other race, you say that is because it needs to.

In other words, you now admit that there is an anti white agenda, you just think that it is a good thing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

It's really sad that you are so closed minded that you see attempting to bring diversity into places with traditionally less diversity as a type of reverse racism.

Sick! You are talking about this like it is something that goes without saying. Attempting to bring diversity.....as if there is something inherently wrong with traditionally white populations. As if it is something that needs fixing.

edit on 4-5-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The refugee situation is a completely different monster than what we are talking about right now. Those people are entering our country because they are fleeing a war torn area. It's what refugees do. That's how they've behaved since war has existed. To shoo them away because of some overhyped fears of what they may do to us is just inhuman.

Who is entering the US fleeing a war torn area?

The current refugee crisis in Europe is not normal, it is unprecedented, never before in all these decades of war has there been such a mass influx of refugees.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This is a vastly oversimplified way of looking at things. If whites have historically been the most populous race in this country, they have already had a foothold. When other groups come in or grow, they don't just get to say, "now we are 20% of the population, we want 20% of the wealth!"

Blacks have been here the same amount of time as whites. The reason they never had a foothold traditionally is because they were slaves or were being targeted by racist policies like Segregation. There really should be no reason that my claim that blacks' percentage of the total population should also show up in other racial breakdowns isn't true now other than racism. And since the two things that have traditionally held blacks back have been overly racist towards their race, it isn't inconceivable that outdated and racist policies and beliefs that existed during our racist times have stayed here under the guise of "conservative values". In fact, it makes a lot of sense. People don't drop tradition that easily. It takes many generations to do so. Even if they forget why the tradition exists.

Also the facts that people of Asian background outperform whites on everything you listed, graduates, iq, wealth, employment, less criminal prosecution, etc. So why has white Privilege not kept them from succeeding?

This is a good question that could use its own study. If I were to answer I would just be guessing as I'm not sure. I have a few ideas, but I'm not too confident that they are true and they may just be racist ideas I have because of social biases.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Why should I write such a thread? It doesn't look like the conversation would be much different than this one. You'd continue to disrespect me by constantly insinuating that I'm anti-white and we'd go in the same circles we are going in now. I mean this is what the third time that I've had to tell you that acknowledging white privilege isn't anti-white bias? I've even explained how one acknowledges white privilege without being anti-white. Yet here you are saying the same exact thing you opened your conversation up to me with.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief

Who is entering the US fleeing a war torn area?

The current refugee crisis in Europe is not normal, it is unprecedented, never before in all these decades of war has there been such a mass influx of refugees.

Care to source that claim? Because I really don't believe you.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Fine I will make that thread when I have time. Look, you can say what you want, but your position on railing against white privilege not being anti white is reliant on you thinking you know the truth that white privilege is responsible for all of the evils these classes say it is. Many KKK members also think they are not racists, they cite facts about blacks committing more crimes than other races, so they are just pointing out problems in the black community.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You forgot to answer the question.

Care to source that claim? Because I really don't believe you.

Seriously? I have to source this? You mean that millions of refugees have been crossing into Europe for decades now? This whole situation that has been a major point of debate for the past two years is not something out of the ordinairy?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You can count on me to ignore it too. I don't really care for people constantly disrespecting my words and thoughts like you are doing.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
Seriously? I have to source this? You mean that millions of refugees have been crossing into Europe for decades now? This whole situation that has been a major point of debate for the past two years is not something out of the ordinairy?

"The current refugee crisis in Europe is not normal, it is unprecedented, never before in all these decades of war has there been such a mass influx of refugees."

The bolded part. That's a pretty bold claim you are making there. One that would need statistics and data to be true. So produce them please.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You can count on me to ignore it too. I don't really care for people constantly disrespecting my words and thoughts like you are doing.

Fine thats your choice. I do not feel like I disrespected your words, I was just disagreeing with you, but if you feel that way I honestly apologize. You think the universities teaching people that white people are all privileged and we must challenge this system is not anti-white, and I think it is. I was not meaning to personally attack you.

Remember though, you were the one who came on this thread saying ""Though I do think the conclusion you've reached in the OP is absurd and based on a flimsy connection you made because you have a need to seek out oppression against yourself. I'm not really trying because I've had tons of these conversations with people and they never go well. I can't reason away people's persecution complexes."

This is actually a personal attack directed at the OP, which is something I don't recall doing to you.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Fine thats your choice. I do not feel like I disrespected your words, I was just disagreeing with you, but if you feel that way I honestly apologize. You think the universities teaching people that white people are all privileged and we must challenge this system is not anti-white, and I think it is. I was not meaning to personally attack you.

Except for three times now you've just stated that I'm anti-white because I believe in white privilege with no supporting reasoning. Just stating it. That's disrespectful. I sat and carefully explained in this very thread why that wasn't the case, a post you clearly didn't read (probably because it wasn't addressed to you). If you want to continue stating the same things you started the conversation with (especially with no additional supporting reasoning) then I have better things to do.

Remember though, you were the one who came on this thread saying ""Though I do think the conclusion you've reached in the OP is absurd and based on a flimsy connection you made because you have a need to seek out oppression against yourself. I'm not really trying because I've had tons of these conversations with people and they never go well. I can't reason away people's persecution complexes."

I haven't repeated that message in three separate posts separated by analytical reasoning from the OP though.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I am not going to derail the thread, I would love for you to start a thread on white privilege and we could discuss it. The OP said their seems to be an anti white agenda.

It's a little old now, but if you're interested:

On "White Male Privilege"

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join