It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 'Trans' is the new gay. whats next?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
An it harm none, do what thou wilt

Really? You're going to hang your hat on Crowley's Thelemic religious BS that was essentially created 120 years ago purely to excuse his massive appetite for abnormal beliefs and behaviors?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, i'd suck as a Wiccan.

But it does speak to my general outlook and is a different way of saying my more typical, "Do what you want with you and yours, but leave me and mine alone"

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, i'd suck as a Wiccan.

But it does speak to my general outlook and is a different way of saying my more typical, "Do what you want with you and yours, but leave me and mine alone"

and yet it was the building block for Scientology, which is about as far away from what you're trying to support as one can get. Scientology is absolute proof that application of a wild west freestyle application of antimorality ultimately leads to a system of pure fascism, control, and pay to play lawmaking.

In many ways, you're fanning the flames of exactly what the people you're disagreeing with fear the most: a society in which we excuse any and all moral transgressions and perversions simply because, hey, "do as thou wilt."

I also would make the argument that, in relation to the transexual debate, "leave me and mine alone" no longer exists. It has surpassed the point of "just ignore us and let us do our thing" and moved into a realm of demands being made on the nonadherents. Demands that not only want deference, but demand full acceptance, even demands that people change their way of thinking and lie to themselves until their own brain no longer thinks "that's a dude gussied up to look like a woman" but rather starts thinking "Oh, that's a woman." It's "Do as I wilt, and thou by God better think as I wilt, too."

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

and yet it was the building block for Scientology, which is about as far away from what you're trying to support as one can get. Scientology is absolute proof that application of a wild west freestyle application of antimorality ultimately leads to a system of pure fascism, control, and pay to play lawmaking.

That's an Association Fallacy, though.

Morality is a common set of agreed upon standards in any society. In the US, "morality" varies drastically from city to city, and often from neighborhood to neighborhood.

Scientology is absolute proof that when you open your mind far enough, your brain falls out.

In many ways, you're fanning the flames of exactly what the people you're disagreeing with fear the most: a society in which we excuse any and all moral transgressions and perversions simply because, hey, "do as thou wilt."

I also would make the argument that, in relation to the transexual debate, "leave me and mine alone" no longer exists. It has surpassed the point of "just ignore us and let us do our thing" and moved into a realm of demands being made on the nonadherents. Demands that not only want deference, but demand full acceptance, even demands that people change their way of thinking and lie to themselves until their own brain no longer thinks "that's a dude gussied up to look like a woman" but rather starts thinking "Oh, that's a woman." It's "Do as I wilt, and thou by God better think as I wilt, too."

Leave me and mine along exists where I live. I suspect it exists where you live. The folks in the city have always been prone to insanity. That's why I stay out here in the far flung ends of the Earth.

FOr the most part, since I don't plan on entering the market (and im 100% positive that my wife actually is a woman), i just don't think its worth worrying about. Especially if the worst we are facing is a Slippery Slope Fallacy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Morality is a common set of agreed upon standards in any society.
No it's not. Maybe you're told what values to have, but I frequently disagree with laws and opinions of those around me.

edit on 3-5-2016 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds

No it's not. Maybe you're told what values to have, but I disagree with many laws and many opinions.

And then you are in the minority of the population, and you'll find it harder to get through life.

That, however, is your choice and decision. If you want to disagree with the general will of the community, you can -- but don't expect to garner sympathy as a victim when your disagreements butt up against the accepted societal norms.

For example, lets say I run a business and I hate cash. I refuse to accept cash and deem it worthless. I refuse to do business with people if they pay in cash. I'm going to find it hard to stay in business because of that. I made the decision to make things harder on myself, so I have no room to complain when my competitors outsell and turn more of a profit.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No it's not. Maybe you're told what values to have, but I frequently disagree with laws and opinions of those around me.

OK, then define it however you want. Does that change the gist of what i am saying (i.e., you cannot legislate morality)? Or is it just a nitpick?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

OK, then define it however you want. Does that change the gist of what i am saying (i.e., you cannot legislate morality)? Or is it just a nitpick?

So because murder still happens there should be no laws?
So rape still happens there should be no laws?

Laws are a statement of morality. That is why they are being attacked, not on the merit of if they deter or not.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

In fairness, laws against rape and murder aren't "morality" laws, they're right defending laws. If you kill, rape, or steal from someone, you're violating their rights. Similarly, if you mandate a business' choices in terms of who they may and may not refuse services to, you're violating their rights via morality-legislation. Nobody has a right to force another person to serve them... but this country (allegedly) does have ownership of property rights and the right of association.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am really starting to think that some here on ATS have bumped their skulls, they want their rights defended, while wanting to take rights away from others. What happened to all men are created equal?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well I read everything here. I can't unsee this, plus, I learned so much.

Anyone read Zamyatin?

I think "We" will transpire, if this keeps up.
Coupons for who or what you screw, pre-approved by government,
on account that it's nobody's business what you put in your body.

Definitely separate bedrooms for children. They get locks, to keep the P's out.
The government does house checks just to make sure.
Gender Assignment Assurance Squads making monthly checks to be sure there's
no child being held back from growing in whichever way the wind is blowing.

This is great.

# 633
edit on 3-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Well I read everything here. I can't usnsee this, plus, I learned so much.

Anyone read Zamyatin?

I think "We" will transpire, if this keeps up.
Coupons for who or what you screw, pre-approved by government,
on account that it's nobody's business what you put in your body.

Definitely separate bedrooms for children. They get locks, to keep the P's out.
The government does house checks just to make sure.
Gender Assignment Assurance Squads making monthly checks to be sure there's
no child being held back from growing in whichever way the wind is blowing.

This is great.

# 633

Is that Pro Transgenders being able to use the bathroom of their gender or against it?

Never quite sure in these police state projections.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Nope.

Or me a rat with wings poopin' on cars and stuff...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i suppose this thread is testament to whats next.

technicalities.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
*gazes into crystal ball*

I foresee the next LGBT issue to be even more ridiculous.

Each time these issues come up, they get more and more ridiculous. Marriage, and now who can poop where.

Well, when you're fighting a loosing battle, I guess you grasp at straws. The bathroom would certainly be a decent straw to grasp, as everyone uses it.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Pedophilia. There are already some psychiatrists saying it's natural and not a mental disorder.

www.foxnews.com...

"The organization, which calls itself B4U-Act, is lobbying for changes to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, the guideline of standards on mental health that's put together by the American Psychiatric Association."

www.b4uact.org...

This sounds very much like what the agenda of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force was championing in the early 1970's. They convinced the APA to drop Homosexuality entirely from the DSM, not just lower it down on the list of mental disorders.

And I have no doubt the liberals here will be in lockstep with this group of so-called experts... or they aren't real liberals. They won't want to be called haters, it would hurt their feelings.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Pedophilia. There are already some psychiatrists saying it's natural and not a mental disorder.

www.foxnews.com...

"The organization, which calls itself B4U-Act, is lobbying for changes to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, or DSM, the guideline of standards on mental health that's put together by the American Psychiatric Association."

www.b4uact.org...

This sounds very much like what the agenda of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force was championing in the early 1970's. They convinced the APA to drop Homosexuality entirely from the DSM, not just lower it down on the list of mental disorders.

And I have no doubt the liberals here will be in lockstep with this group of so-called experts... or they aren't real liberals. They won't want to be called haters, it would hurt their feelings.

You seem to misunderstand liberals, we understand consent, and nothing along these lines would be welcomed by any of my liberal friends. It seems that the conservatives among us, are the ones where consent does not matter.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
What's next?

I find myself not able to care less. Really.

As long as it doesn't affect me or mine, I don't care. Each of us have to do today, what each of us can sleep with tonight. So if that means one wants to pretend to be a polar bear and their partner wants to be a baby seal... go for it.

It does not affect my daily life if anyone wants to be anything other than what they currently are.

Back in the day folks said -

You can call me anything... just don't call me late for dinner.

I really mean it.

Live and let live.

Bravo.

The next thing down the pipe is trans species. Already a thing, really.

And I couldn't care less.

Everyone, and I truly mean everyone, needs to reach deep into the back of their own closet, find the freakiest flag in there and just let it fly.

Good god, who cares about where you like to go pee?

Well let us ask them, why indeed do they care so much about where they want to pee, they are clearly neither male OR female but they want to be able to choose one side or another and dress however they want and no one should ever be a tad irritated about that ?

I tell you what, If I see some massive dude going into a womens washroom dressed as a woman, likely a WHOLE LOT of scrutiny is about to happen,

And when I have seen things like this, the women are absolutely PETRIFIED.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The founding fathers fought valiantly to legislate crapping and weeing.... way to go America

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What bathrooms does a transgender have ??

I know of NO bathrooms like this where I live.

Male, and Female, are the choices.

You don't get to blatantly go in the bathroom that EVERYONE knows does not fit your body type, face, and AURA.

You see, a lot of us can see auras, and we know DAM WELL, when these people are lying, and or just flat out are a whole other kind of being altogether.

Perhaps that we can see their DNA, and their THOUGHTS, should make them and anyone else take a pause, cause they are not fooling us all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join