It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 'Trans' is the new gay. whats next?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If this was my job lol omg respect

The way you all keep calm

edit on 3-5-2016 by Matera because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tJust to clarify: you're suggesting that if parents were to object to their two sons perfoming sex acts on each other, it's because of societies fashion or conditioning?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
a reply to: Krazysh0tJust to clarify: you're suggesting that if parents were to object to their two sons perfoming sex acts on each other, it's because of societies fashion or conditioning?

No. That's why I would object to it. I can only speak for myself.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tSo your initial - and as you believe - misguided reaction to your children's incestuous activities would be the result of societies fashion / conditioning? When do you suppose this started? At the birth of civiliastion?

Is your current perspective of indifference definitely not the result of some sort of societal conditioning?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0tSo your initial - and as you believe - misguided reaction to your children's incestuous activities would be the result of societies fashion / conditioning? When do you suppose this started? At the birth of civiliastion?

I can't even begin to tell you when the idea that incest is wrong in society began. Why would I care about that anyways?

Is your current perspective of indifference definitely not the result of some sort of societal conditioning?

Yes. All perspectives we hold are a result of societal conditioning. Humans aren't born knowing how to behave in society, they must be taught since society isn't really native to nature and all. Thus it isn't instinctual.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

a reply to: redshoes
So you're morality is detemined by law-makers?

Nope. But my behavior is and as an adult I know and accept that if I am deemed to have broken the law in a court, I should expect some sort of sanction.

As a voter I also have the ability to campaign for laws to be changed. If I can convince enough people that I'm right, then there is the potential for laws to be shaped based on a common code of morality. That's how democracy and laws work.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tSo your support of these once socially unnacceptable behaviours are just a fashionable perspective with no innate value?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0tSo your support of these once socially unnacceptable behaviours are just a fashionable perspective with no innate value?

What are you getting at? Are you trying to trap me in some word trap or something? I clearly spelled out that I only disapprove of incest because of scientific and legal reasons. I don't disprove of it for moral reasons. Why is this so hard for you to understand? It isn't a fashionable perspective. It is a perspective I came to after much thought, reflection, as well as applying standards for other things to this thing.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: redshoesYour faith in democracy and exacting change wasn't the issue. I asked a hypothetical question with regards to personal morals, to which you declared it redundant due to its illegality.

It was a personal question:- so when you responded in legal terms, I then continued the point on the premise that the laws that you brought up were relevant to your personal and moral perspsective.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What are you getting at? Are you trying to trap me in some word trap or something? I clearly spelled out that I only disapprove of incest because of scientific and legal reasons. I don't disprove of it for moral reasons. Why is this so hard for you to understand? It isn't a fashionable perspective. It is a perspective I came to after much thought, reflection, as well as applying standards for other things to this thing.

Why are we talking about incest anyway?

It probably happens a lot more then people think.

How does it really hurt anything? Except in a scientific way?

It's socially unacceptable simply because Man said it is.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I don't know. He brought it up and asked if I would be ok with my kids doing it. So I answered honestly. Why he won't drop the topic because he didn't get the answer he was expecting is beyond me.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tIt's simply a moral line of questioning that has illustrated your perspective and values.

Just for the record: I very, very much disagree with you.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't know. He brought it up and asked if I would be ok with my kids doing it. So I answered honestly. Why he won't drop the topic because he didn't get the answer he was expecting is beyond me.

OK, thanks.

Sex is sex. Incest hurts no one really, except in a genetic off spring scientific way.

It's a social taboo created by man.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tYou're mistaken if you think I expected a certain response.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0tIt's simply a moral line of questioning that has illustrated your perspective and values.

Has it? Looked rather uninspired and like you were fishing for a specific answer from me.

Just for the record: I very, very much disagree with you.

Wow. Your opinion. First I've seen of this. Care to elaborate on it, or am I the only one who has to elaborate on why he thinks the way he does in this conversation?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And why do you think that is? What is the 'taboo' based on? What observations of the aftermath of incest led it to become 'taboo" and illegal?

*I haven't read the thread, so if you are being sarcastic, my apologies. I hope you are.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know what to think, some of this is just plain gross, will a young adult otherkin be able to function in society when they get older and have to hold down a job.?

Seriously through, we need to have some boundaries in society, if pedophilia or bestiality can become acceptable, who is to say rape wont one day?

Although in some societies it is acceptable and has been for ages.

Over indulged, bored, overstimulated,narcissistic, to the point some need to delve deeper and deeper to feel something, anything, they are unsatisfiable, it is like an addiction, one needs more and more to enjoy life and love.

BTW to think it ts OK for your children to have sex with each other is pretty sick.

I have seen parents pander to their child's ever whim and fantasy, and enable them.

I think I will become a potted plant.
edit on 3-5-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

And why do you think that is? What is the 'taboo' based on? What observations of the aftermath of incest led it to become 'taboo" and illegal?

*I haven't read the thread, so if you are being sarcastic, my apologies. I hope you are.

I am not being sarcastic.

It is a taboo created by man.

But, there is legitimate scientific reason not to procreate in the same blood line.

Trying to make it a Moral or religious argument is where I take issue.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0tBecause he's my son; he's my brother; he's my father; she's my mother; she's my sister; she's my daughter and our relationships are founded on something a little more valuable than simple physical pleasure.

People have different values. Yours are obviously very different to mine and I believe that you are afforded the luxury of promoting these views due to the very 'developed' - and dare I say, decadent - position of our society; a society that was formed and sustained with common enough values to make it a logical development; common values that I believe, are being eradicated all the time by the design of our evil and secret rulers.

The differing opinions / values will probably lead to conflict that will tear society apart.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Robert Reynolds

Not to sure why you are obbsessing about incest and badgering krazy to death about it.

However in many points in history incest has been acceptable, especially among royality and high powered families, either to keep power or money in famalies.

I imagine scientific reasons are the reason it is now illegal. But I imagine it goes on none the less, doesnt hurt me so I dont care.

It isn't something I would partake in though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join