It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quaker Oats sued for use of glyphosate in ‘100% natural’ products

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, if they are growing enough to sell they are using something. My point is people have a fear of chemicals, even though literally everything is made of chemicals.
Our efforts of domestication have done a number on the nutritional content of our food, something especially worrying in coming years as our population continues to grow.
I like picking wild blue berries, and wild blackberries. Used to have an apple tree at home, and grew up with a small orchard in our backyard of a variety of fruits.
But it doesn't really supplement the demands of large population.
We've run out, or are very close to running out, of arable land.
Adapting the environment, manipulating and using chemicals to our benefit probably predates us as Homo Sapien Sapiens.
The issue boils down, really, to people having problems with corporations. And it tends to break down along party lines, I've noticed.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes of course.

That makes it perfectly safe.

My mistake.

But I'll avoid the damn stuff just to be on the "safe" side thank you.

Ok no worries, better avoid organicly grown food too, that has manure full of pathogens on it...

edit on 3/5/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Good point.
www.science20.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: xuenchen

Unless you grow your own food you really don't know what you are eating.

That's pretty much it. Even then you aren't guaranteed a full organic crop yield. Unless it's grown on a farm miles away from any airport, road, or neighbor.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

So let me see if I understand your way of thinking.

We have half crap, crap and heavy crap.

But since it is crap you go with heavy crap, after all it is crap.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

You don't understand the way I'm thinking.

Traces of glyphosate is not going to hurt you, as much as you want it to.

And my point is that organically grown food could have more harmful things on it, as that article Phage linked to shows.

Fortunately a simple wash before eating it is usually all that's needed

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Another good example of why TTIP needs to be rejected.
And interestingly, so many people here commenting in this thread are the same ones who scream and rant about the evil EU, big government and laws...

We don't have anywhere near the problems you have in the US with regard to this, because we have stronger laws in place to hold companies accountable for their bs.

This is one of the reasons people are so angry about TTIP and what it could mean for consumer safety.

I foresee a new app coming in the future, one which will tell you instantly whether the product you're buying is made by a company known to lie their a**es off, whether they have in the past, whether they produce to lower standards than expected...

The good thing is that modern technology has given us all greater power in fighting back against this kind of thing. In just a couple of years we could be scanning everything we buy ourselves and instantly know what chemicals are used, and whether there is a risk associated to it. This could dramatically change our diets and our collective health within months, and falling sales would make it clear to these companies that they can no longer get away with the sh*t they pull.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Undoubted, they have paid lots of money to their teams of lawyers to give persuading and persistent testimony in any trial that the oats are indeed, "natural" if not the production and setting which is something entirely different.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

OK so let try again.

So glyphoshate will not hurt me alot, but will still hurt me in some way because it is still unknown how will hurt me? Or you day it will hurt me little? Or are you referring it will help my health?

So organic food COULD be even more harmful, so I go wit proven heavy crap food because there are some chances organic can be crap too. So why take chances, let go with proven crap, because I m not lucky I probably get bad organic food.

And washing thing:
So to you it is same if I wash half crap, crap and heavy crap food, after all I wash it so I m left with crap anyway.

I m closer to your way of thinking? If not I m really interested how you think and how did you process the idea that heavy crap food is same as half crap food?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Sorry is English your second language? I am struggling to understand what exactly you're trying to say...

What are you calling "heavy crap food"?

Are you of the opinion that "heavy crap food" is laced with lethal doses of glyphosate? If so, can you provide your sources saying people a dying from eating food laced with glyphosate please?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Depending upon where it's grown it could be pesticide drift from surrounding farms. I trust the smiling guy on the box.lol

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Which they will only pass on to consumers. $10.00 for a box of oatmeal. Sure. Glad I hate oatmeal. Even when it disguises itself as a cookie.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I love your wit and the way you think.

However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the universal translator to bring everyone up to speed. LOL.

And, as Dr Murry Banks says on one of his WHAT TO DO UNTIL THE PSYCHIATRIST COMES audio's on youtube:

"Don't explain it to him, it won't help a bit."

LOL.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Belly laugh.

I still like the stuff--though I haven't tended to eat breakfast for years. And I love oatmeal cookies with walnuts in them.

I have thought for some time that I'd avoid Quaker the next time I bought any, just because they appear to be so in bed with the Oligarchy while holding themselves out as this great family oriented enterprise. There have to be better suppliers out there somewhere.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RuneSpider

originally posted by: rickymouse
All natural doesn't mean a thing. That is pretty well understood. It is just an advertising pitch, there is nothing governing all natural. If you want to get it glyphosphate free, buy organic and hope the next field over isn't getting glyphosphate sprayed on it on a windy day.

I doubt if the lawsuit will go anywhere, it will get thrown out of court. Let the buyer beware.

Even if it's glyphosphate free, organic crops use chemicals a plenty too. Heavier than most newer types of agriculture.
Fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides. Chemicals a plenty. Always have been.

Also, to add to your point is organic is not always good for the environment.

Most non-organic pesticides are designed to target specific critters, for example root fly.

However traditonal organic pesticides will kill almost everything they touch. The good critters and the bad ones.

And yes as you pointed most commercial organic farmers use plenty or pesticides.

"organic" foods found on your avergage store are a gimmick to get you to pay more for the same produce.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I used to eat Quaker Old Fashioned oats, but something was always not right. It had a bitter tinge to it, especially if you let it get cold and them reheated it.

Then one day, I bought some organic oats from the health food place - never had any bitterness even if I let it go cold. It always tastes good.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with eating healthy considering the fears surrounding glyphosate have largely been put to rest. This has more to do with you people constantly being paranoid and afraid of anything you deem "authoritarian" or "the man"

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Thanks for the input.

I love real life experience perspectives.

The PTB have plenty of agendas and their apologists running around loose.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join