It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people at my Gym

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The people that go to my Gym don't need weight training or cardio, they need brain training!

Zero spacial awareness! they will walk into you and say sorry didn't see you (I'm 6ft6 tall). They will walk under you when you have a weight held above your head so you cant drop it. Walk in front of you when your on the cable machine so you have to stop to avoid hitting them. They will trip over weights on the floor. Stand obliviously in the most awkward locations. God what a bunch of idiots !

I find the same with people when I am driving, they will just randomly walk into the road off the curb like zombies. Walk across a crossing without looking.

I wonder if its in the tap water, air or food !

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

People usually get the physical or the mental, but not both.

Life evens out that way.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I feel your pain. This is why I just bought all the equipment and stopped going. Idiots asking how many sets you have left when you're in the middle of one, weird posers that just bug their eyes out at people and do laps of the gym without ever touching a plate, random pervs standing behind chicks on the treadmills...gyms attract a special breed of numpty.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They're everywhere. I had a cleaning job once. I was at a place on a ladder cleaning windows. I'd have idiots (who could see me on the ladder through the glass) slam the door open to go out. The door would hit the ladder and damn near send me flying. It happened a lot. There wasn't anywhere else to put the ladder but that spot. There was also a door right beside it where they could have come out. I think the problem is people aren't taught to think anymore.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There just in the zone chief.... Getting their swell on...hammering out leg day lol jk

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
The people that go to my Gym don't need weight training or cardio, they need brain training!

Zero spacial awareness! they will walk into you and say sorry didn't see you (I'm 6ft6 tall). They will walk under you when you have a weight held above your head so you cant drop it. Walk in front of you when your on the cable machine so you have to stop to avoid hitting them. They will trip over weights on the floor. Stand obliviously in the most awkward locations. God what a bunch of idiots !

I find the same with people when I am driving, they will just randomly walk into the road off the curb like zombies. Walk across a crossing without looking.

I wonder if its in the tap water, air or food !

lol, try pushing a shopping cart in a store or backing out of parking spaces, people jump in front of you just to stop and block your path. I think they are very spatially aware of you and their supremacy.

I me mine, I me mine.

I think harrison wrote that…

Metro Lyrics

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That actually reminded me of an incident that happened a few weeks ago. I was backing my truck back was close to a wall (within two feet) when this mentally challenged women decided it would be a good idea to walk through the two foot gap, had to slam on the break. Yeah excellent idea walk through the gap between a brick wall and a 3 ton truck!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I know ! You see it and can't believe people are that ignorant. I don't use stupid because if they ever saw what a 3 ton truck can do to flesh and bone, they'd never do that again.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Unlike riding bikes or going for a walk or run, pumping weight machines, walking tread mills and riding exercycles requires little spatial awareness . Like watching TV, You do it from rote.

he funniest thing I see is rooms full of people treading conveyor belts, going no where.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My favorites are the idiots who cross the street 3 freaking feet from the crosswalk. Would it have killed you to move 3 feet into the crosswalk so I could put my truck at the line where it belongs?

Or, you decide to be nice and let a pedestrian go, then they walk at about a 3 day old baby's crawl DIAGONALLY across the road.

Or, you're turning left against traffic and it's backing up on the other side of the road, what does the one guy always do? Park across your driveway instead of leaving you 10 feet. Then when traffic clears, he always just sits there, because he's not in a hurry NOW.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

this rant immediately made me think of this

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I wonder if its in the tap water, air or food

That means your infected too, perhaps you don't realize your perilous journey into zombie land. I guess it would have to suck not being a survivor and all then again if I was you I would just go to a new gym if you have to rant about other people online cause you don't just tell a ****er whats up. Please don't hate me, I really am a honey badger, I even had to change my name cause rattel seemed to much like rat tail for my liking and I dropped that hair cut back in the 8o's (snarl and grrr bitches)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just talk to yourself out loud while lifting alone and say to any who get too close "I pity the fool who wash dey ass with a brillo pad!". Don't be afraid to fight or flight if that backfires but mostly guys will think you are crazy and move out of your way.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The fluoride has taken effect. We are doomed.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You are preaching to the choir, brother. I am constantly amazed that more people are not killed in this tiny town I live in. I've driven in the Dallas/Fort Worth area many times and the traffic there is great compared to the folks around here. Stop signs and speed limits are treated like casual advice, rather than laws. And don't get me started on the idiots who step off curbs or open their door so wide it sticks out and you have to slam on the brakes or swerve in to the other lane, to miss them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Must be universal because the same things happen in my gym too. I certainly recognise the cable machine one. Near one of the cable machines is a bench and some guys ignore all the empty, unused ones to park themselves within inches of where someone is working out.

The one that pisses me off the most are the 'nesters.' They'll take 3 sets of dumbbells and set up a nest around their bench. It's me, me, me and forget about sharing and taking turns. Half of those guys are the ones who leave the equipment where it falls too. Come to think of it, they're often the worse for playing on their phones instead of getting off stuff. It gets tired saying, "Excuse me. Are you using this?" They're oblivious to others.

I prefer getting in there before work because there'll only be 2-3 guys in; we take turns and share equipment.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

People usually get the physical or the mental, but not both.

Life evens out that way.

Not tru i bee supa smrt un strogley fit supa.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The most difficult exercise at my gym is trying to find the dumbbells
that people are unable to re-rack.

Also, is there any need to just turn loose every dumbbell or barbell you use
at the end of your set?

top topics

join