It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans have the bathroom issue backwards

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The SPLC is a leftist organization that focuses entirely on accusing right wing groups of extremism even where none exists.

I think they're awesome. And I agree with them.

Followed them for many years. Read their history. All of it, the good and the bad.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not surprised.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'm not surprised.

What exactly do you know about the SPLC, other then your opinion?

You get on their hate list for presenting false information. Not because you're a right winger.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Anna Wintour is transgender?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

She is an advocate. But, if you Google the picture - - you get Meghan Stabler, who is transgender.

I think there's a point that you can't tell who's transgender and who isn't.

It is unclear whether Ms Wintour, who has been an outspoken lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights advocate for years, and was honored with an Ally for Equality Award from the Human Rights Campaign in February, will continue tweeting for Vogue. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Meghan Stabler is an accomplished business executive with extensive global expertise as a strategist, technologist, marketer and communicator. She is also political consultant, national LGBT advocate and spokesperson. By day she is an Advisor at CA Technologies with her specialties ranging from cybersecurity, mobility, BYOD & IoT, cloud, big data and other cutting edge technology disciplines. In her spare time she is a member of the Board of Directors for the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), a member of HRC’s Business Council focusing on LGBT workplace issues, policy and practices. In 2015 Meghan joined the Board of Directors for Athlete Ally. In 2014 she was named as Working Mother of the Year, by Working Mother magazine. She was active bundler for the Obama campaign and a member of the Obama 2012 LGBT Leadership Circle and Obama Victory Trustees. She is a member of the DNC National Finance Committee, and also on the advisory board of Denver Investments. meghanstabler.com...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

She is an advocate. But, if you Google the picture - - you get Meghan Stabler, who is transgender.

Yeah but that one picture is CLEARLY Anna Wintour isn't it? I thought that photo collection was supposed to all be transgender women.

I Googled Meghan Stabler and she looks nothing like Anna Wintour, I'm confused now.

Am I missing something? All those other women look transgender (Anna Wintour looks kinda transgender too) are you sure whoever made that didn't make a mistake?

I think there's a point that you can't tell who's transgender and who isn't.

It seems like that's pretty rare to me, but I know I'll get the argument that I just can't tell when they're passable. I mean, maybe, but even if you search for passable transgender women a lot of them aren't. I still maintain that Blaire White is super passable (until she talks).

The real question here is how I know who Anna Wintour is.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Haha! Good catch! The only one I didn't vet from more than one source. Wouldn't you know it!

Thanks! I won't use this image again without correcting it.

I've stayed out of this recent pissing match, which wasn't intended to be a pun but could be, because my own personal feelings about places with expectations of nudity like showers doesn't fit the party line politically and does make the simple issue of taking a pee in the right bathroom much more complex issue when showers or places with nudity are involved.

It's complicated. I don't know what more I can add.

-snip- I'll spare you my opinions unless someone asks for them.

I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts on this from the actual transgender point of view but all or most of the ones here won't even click on these threads because they're so toxic and ugly most of the time. Even then, transgender people are so different and diverse but I'd be damned surprised if they think visible penises in the women's shower is an acceptable thing or something they would do.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yeah but that one picture is CLEARLY Anna Wintour isn't it? I thought that photo collection was supposed to all be transgender women.

I Googled Meghan Stabler and she looks nothing like Anna Wintour, I'm confused now.

Am I missing something? All those other women look transgender (Anna Wintour looks kinda transgender too) are you sure whoever made that didn't make a mistake?

It seems like that's pretty rare to me, but I know I'll get the argument that I just can't tell when they're passable. I mean, maybe, but even if you search for passable transgender women a lot of them aren't. I still maintain that Blaire White is super passable (until she talks).

You wouldn't know if you didn't know who Anna Wintour is. Yeah, how do you know who Anna Wintour is?

The pic (group of pix) came from a transgender woman, Meghan. Some probably are pix from an event.

As I understand it, because I am not LGBT, those who transitioned later, after going through puberty can't really, completely undo the physical male characteristics. That's why the hormone blockers pre-puberty, and early transitions.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Yeah! I for sure was wondering the same damn thing!

And you think Blaire White doesn't sound like a girl? Damn! Tough crowd!

ETA:
The photos I have posted in this and other threads have all been individually collected, grouped and resized by me.

edit on 5/9/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

I've stayed out of this recent pissing match, which wasn't intended to be a pun but could be, because my own personal feelings about places with expectations of nudity like showers doesn't fit the party line politically and does make the simple issue of taking a pee in the right bathroom much more complex issue when showers or places with nudity are involved.

I've been in online discussions since ICQ.

Co-ed showers, etc have been discussed in general (not transgender related).

There are places in the world and colleges that have coed locker rooms, showers, etc.

Once it becomes the norm, no one cares. They just go about their business.

This big hang up on body parts is very puritanical. People really need to get over themselves and their self-importance. IMO

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

The photos I have posted in this and other threads have all been individually collected, grouped and resized by me.

Good to know.

Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I'm not surprised.

Heh, nobody is.

Even the FBI dumped them as “hate crime” watchdog partner.

but yeaaaah, they are unbiased, and not a political tool used to silence opposition to their agenda.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I'm not surprised.

Heh, nobody is.

Even the FBI dumped them as “hate crime” watchdog partner.

but yeaaaah, they are unbiased, and not a political tool used to silence opposition to their agenda.

No, The FBI Hasn't Ditched The Southern Poverty Law Center

Conservative news outlets are hyping a minor website change to suggest that the FBI is distancing itself from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) - a group that monitors hate speech and violence - in response to criticism from anti-gay organizations. But the FBI has issued a statement debunking that narrative and continues to publicly touts its partnership with SPLC on its website. mediamatters.org...

From the FBI website:

Our Outreach Partners

Southern Poverty Law Center

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join