It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans have the bathroom issue backwards

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
And no one wants it and no small percent of demonic beings, have the right to overcome the will of others and destroy what the majority have built and believe in.

LOL. Really???

You know they have what's called a "Family Bathroom" too which is a single person bathroom for anyone who feels uncomfortable using a public restroom. Anyone can use it by themselves and avoid everyone else regardless of what sex they are or think they are.

So why not just use that instead of complaining and making such a huge fuss???

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

It's a life and death issue and if needed and they don't listen to people, then armed self defense applies. And armed defense of others.

Vigilante much? Why not just get a rope for a good lynching because after all, it's been a few days since a transwoman was murdered.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Are all transgender women beautiful, no, but are all natal women? No, but they are women so which ones are you planning to shoot with your "armed defense"?

Liberty Counsel President Says She’ll Bring A Gun Into Target’s Bathroom

A lawyer in the right-wing HATE GROUP that represented Kentucky clerk Kim Davis when she refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples last year is back with a new cause.

Liberty Counsel President Anita Staver sounded off on the ongoing “bathroom bill“ debate, joined the growing chorus of conservative voices calling for a boycott of Target after the retailer reaffirmed its pledge to allow transgender customers and employees to use restrooms that correspond with their gender identity.

Staver didn’t exactly vow to boycott Target, however. Instead, she claimed she’ll be bringing her gun in case she needs to visit the restroom.

I’m taking a Glock .45 to the ladies room. It identifies as my bodyguard.

JFC, folks.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

The funny thing here is, if the bathroom laws go into effect, she would probably be more likely to shoot a trans man who is forced to use the woman's room. That is my point - if she understood what a trans person was, she wouldn't be a supporter of the bathroom laws unless she was just in it to punish transexual people.

Let's admit it, this is just a way to get back at transsexual people because gays got the right to marry. She's even ready to shoot one, and they aren't posing any realistic threat to her. Republicans are starting to sound scary, toting around guns ready to shoot people they don't like.
edit on 05amThu, 05 May 2016 02:09:28 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: markosity1973

What Target has done in allowing anyone to use any bathroom helps nobody. It reinforces women's fear over men coming into their private space. But the average male to female transgender person can go in and out unnoticed.

This is what Target actually said:

"We welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity," - - "Everyone deserves to feel like they belong."

Which has been misinterpreted by it's staff into this

There is a special kind of stupid going on over all of this.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake>>> I just gotta say that if THIS is what you think is the major issue American citizens are facing, or even one in the top ten, then you've been completely suckered and played for a fool by the orchestrators of the real problems bringing down this country. BTW, an all powerful government could decide to send gay and TG people to gulags or execute them in the blink of an eye. Or anyone for that matter.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: darkbake>>> I just gotta say that if THIS is what you think is the major issue American citizens are facing, or even one in the top ten, then you've been completely suckered and played for a fool by the orchestrators of the real problems bringing down this country. BTW, an all powerful government could decide to send gay and TG people to gulags or execute them in the blink of an eye. Or anyone for that matter.

It's about Equal Treatment under the Constitution.

It is one of the founding principles.

So, yes it is that important to be in the top 10.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: caterpillage

Or how about we just have private transgender rooms for anyone who would like that and make all public places set up for it just like we did with handicap parking and oroblem solved right?

Transgenders do not need "special" bathrooms.

They also do not need to be forced to out themselves because of other people's paranoia.

No...transgenders do not need "special" bathrooms. The rest of us need transgenders to have "special" bathrooms because they have decided to change the typical male/female situation. Whether I know it or not, I don't want to be in a public restroom with a woman nor do I think a woman should have to endure being in a public restroom with a man. Your opinion may differ (big surprise) but that is the basic situation.

You are forever the person you were born...male or female. Therefore, NC picked the easiest path. Men in the Men's room and Women in the Women's room. Doesn't sound that crazy when you say it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: caterpillage

Or how about we just have private transgender rooms for anyone who would like that and make all public places set up for it just like we did with handicap parking and oroblem solved right?

Transgenders do not need "special" bathrooms.

They also do not need to be forced to out themselves because of other people's paranoia.

No...transgenders do not need "special" bathrooms. The rest of us need transgenders to have "special" bathrooms because they have decided to change the typical male/female situation. Whether I know it or not, I don't want to be in a public restroom with a woman nor do I think a woman should have to endure being in a public restroom with a man. Your opinion may differ (big surprise) but that is the basic situation.

You are forever the person you were born...male or female. Therefore, NC picked the easiest path. Men in the Men's room and Women in the Women's room. Doesn't sound that crazy when you say it.

The rest of you can stay home and use your own bathroom.

Gender is between the ears. It's not the packaging.

If you had a head transplant onto another body, you would still know "in your head" what gender you are.

Nothing backs up your belief/opinion except other belief/opinion.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

This is a trans man. His birth gender is female. He is taking a picture of himself in the women's restroom, where he will be forced to go if these new bathroom laws go into effect.

So step back and think... these laws, wanted by Republicans, will force people who look like this man and are interested in other women to use the women's restroom. How does that make any bit of sense? It seems like that alone will increase incidents, not decrease them. It is like Republicans going out of their way to mandate an unnecessary law that gay men go to the bathroom with them, it just ends up sounding like the Republicans want some side action in the restroom.

Meanwhile, what happens if some rednecks decide this trans man is using the wrong restroom, even though he is using the correct one according to the law? Will they check his crotch or beat him?

It just seems like a Republican would want the transgender person to use the restroom of their new gender since that is who they look like and there wouldn't be issues with them staring at the other potty goers. This is what I would assume based on what I've seen Republicans on ATS say their reasoning for bathroom laws is.

Maybe Republicans aren't well-informed about what being transgender means and is. Maybe they haven't talked to a transgender person before, and that is why their view is so confusing.

Or maybe the bathroom laws aren't meant to protect people at all, but are simply meant to punish and make a mockery of transgender people.

Just another Republican Party attempt to look tough on gays to their evangelical voters, without even attempting to address or fix an actual problem...

Aka: Shiria law is comming to America...even though there is only one Muslim elected official!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: darkbake

We have all seen this woman's picture before. It has been used for liberal propaganda 100's if not 1000's of times including here on ATS.

You will never convince me that it is logical for someone with a vagina to use the men's bathroom. It is an easy, binary issue based on if you have a 'Y' chromosome or not. Just because you want to ignore basic logic doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to suspend reality for you.

Basic logic would dictate that since you don't know they have a vagina that you assume they have a penis. The assumption would be made that Men are in fact breaking the law and using women's restrooms when they are in fact not. Basic logic would dictate that there is a reason bathrooms are separate. Now how does a woman feel when a lumberjack of a man is in theirs?

Threatened and unsafe. Again, the other occupants have NO IDEA that there is no penis and it's not exactly like you can or should say "Let me see your genitals."

It is absolutely logical for someone who for all intents and purposes IS IDENTIFIED [by others], notice I didn't say IDENTIFIES [by ones self], I said IS IDENTIFIED, as a man to use the men's room.

The flip side of that is Men who look indistinguishable to women. So if this law were to pass and be enforced, instead of having people who look like men in the men's room and women in the women's room, you would now have people that looked like both men and women in both restrooms. Now imagine how real men with penises could then just start using the ladies room, and real ladies with vaginas could then start using the men's room. You wouldn't be able to tell who has a penis or who has a vagina, so it would become open season for voyeurs and sex offenders.

The long story short, you're just wrong. If you're not convinced, than you have a clear issue with logic, personal belief, other people, and a bias toward bigotry forthwith.
edit on 5-5-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Attorney General to Target: Show me your Safety policies.

www.breitbart.com...

In Texas, Houston voters resoundingly rejected (61-to-39 percent) an ordinance that would have allowed transgender individuals to use women’s facilities.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
10 year old Targeted in Target bathroom in April 2016 by pedo

www.breitbart.com...

Yeah right this enforced gov. Rule fanned by idiots in Hollywood is what the 99% think is backwards and perverted. No wonder the 1% want to push this so hard.

edit on 5/5/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
10 year old Targeted in Target bathroom in April 2016 by pedo

www.breitbart.com...

Yeah right this enforced gov. Rule fanned by idiots in Hollywood is what the 99% think is backwards and perverted. No wonder the 1% want to push this so hard.

You got anything other than breitbart?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ken Paxton targets Target.
www.dallasobserver.com...

On April 19, Target announced that it would "welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity."

Target, of course, is currently free to choose such a policy for its Texas stores. The voters in Houston recently repealed by a wide margin an ordinance that advanced many of the same goals as Target's current policy.

The Texas Legislature may at some point in the future address the issue. Regardless of whether Texas legislates on this topic, it is possible that allowing men in women's restrooms could lead to criminal and otherwise unwanted activity. As chief lawyer and law enforcement officer for the State of Texas, I ask that you provide the full text of Target's safety policies regarding the protection of women and children from those who would use the cover of Target's restroom policy for nefarious purposes.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

www.afa.net...

edit on 5/5/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

www.afa.net...

American Family Association? Seriously?

American Family Association (AFA), which the Southern Poverty Law Center listed as an anti-gay hate group in 2010.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

This is a trans man. His birth gender is female. He is taking a picture of himself in the women's restroom, where he will be forced to go if these new bathroom laws go into effect.

So step back and think... these laws, wanted by Republicans, will force people who look like this man and are interested in other women to use the women's restroom. How does that make any bit of sense? It seems like that alone will increase incidents, not decrease them. It is like Republicans going out of their way to mandate an unnecessary law that gay men go to the bathroom with them, it just ends up sounding like the Republicans want some side action in the restroom.

Meanwhile, what happens if some rednecks decide this trans man is using the wrong restroom, even though he is using the correct one according to the law? Will they check his crotch or beat him?

It just seems like a Republican would want the transgender person to use the restroom of their new gender since that is who they look like and there wouldn't be issues with them staring at the other potty goers. This is what I would assume based on what I've seen Republicans on ATS say their reasoning for bathroom laws is.

Maybe Republicans aren't well-informed about what being transgender means and is. Maybe they haven't talked to a transgender person before, and that is why their view is so confusing.

Or maybe the bathroom laws aren't meant to protect people at all, but are simply meant to punish and make a mockery of transgender people.

I realize nobody wants to hear it but the argument that republicans claiming gun laws will not stop criminals but that m bathroom laws will stop criminals is contradictory. You really cannot believe one with believing the other...

I used to be for additional gun laws until recently. I realized the argument I was using against gun laws and the arguments I used against the bathroom laws contradicted one another.

Do you really think that a sicko who wants t molest your kid will suddenly change their minds because it's illegal for them to be in the bathroom?

This completely undoes the argument that you're trying to protect your women and children from sickos and rape.

Thoughts?
edit on 6-5-2016 by DoubleDeez because: Clarification

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDeez

A pedophile (male) is just as likely to be interested in boys as he is girls.

Therefore you cannot keep everyone safe through making a legal declaration on who can use what bathroom based on gender or gender identity.

As I sad before, there is a special kind of stupid going on with all of this.

Leave the transgender folk alone. If she looks like a woman, then she goes to the ladies. If he looks like a bloke, then he goes to the men's. Simple and it has worked for all of us until now, so why try and fix something that ain't broken??

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
If she looks like a woman, then she goes to the ladies. If he looks like a bloke, then he goes to the men's. Simple and it has worked for all of us until now, so why try and fix something that ain't broken??

Yes, and as I understand it, most transgenders believe the same way.

Its all about how you "present" yourself - - female or male.

Are there going to be acceptions? Of course. So what.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

American Family Association (AFA), which the Southern Poverty Law Center listed as an anti-gay hate group in 2010

The SPLC is a leftist organization that focuses entirely on accusing right wing groups of extremism even where none exists.

SPLC has also attacked ATS and various members here in their little hit list from a few years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join