It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton (Hillary) Flip-Flops on Coal, Now Wants Coal to Prosper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hillary is talking out of opposite sides of her mouth again.

This time she appears to be supporting coal and coal mining as opposed to past comments that were completely different.

As usual, she is attempting to campaign "in favor" of 180 degree issues.

This must be a campaign trick playing out in a coal friendly area that is severely threatened by anti-coal agendas by Obama.

Hillary will get lumps of coal in her Christmas stocking this year.

Clinton Flip-Flops on Coal, Now Wants Coal to Prosper

Hillary Clinton has a very complicated opinion of coal. In March, she proudly declared, "we are going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business."

Now, she says she wants to see coal "continued to be sold and continued to be mined."

Which is it?

Listen to the stern and serious discussion ....

Clinton Claims She Wants To See Coal “Continued To Be Sold And Continued To Be Mined.”

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She will say what ever the people in front of her want to hear.
ATS POST that I made about a letter she sent To WV Governor that I didn't think got enough media.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This woman will literally say anything depending on who she is talking to.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That's not News worthy

It's a given.

On topic

I'm not a coal fan. We as a specie need to kick our Fossil fuel addiction imho.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'll be more impressed when someone quotes that a politician didn't flip flop

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: xuenchen

That's not News worthy

It's a given.

On topic

I'm not a coal fan. We as a specie need to kick our Fossil fuel addiction imho.

Hey Slayer, that's not the topic. It's about Clinton flip flopping. She gave a hard and fast statement:

Speaking in Ohio about her plans to revitalize coal country, Clinton said, "We're going to put a lot of coal companies and coal miners out of business."

To this:

“I’m writing to clarify what I said recently regarding coal communities at a CNN town hall. Simply put, I was mistaken in my remarks,” she wrote. “Coal will be part of the energy mix for years to come.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now, she's graduated to:

she says she wants to see coal "continued to be sold and continued to be mined."

But what people really need to do is read between those lies, I mean lines. She wants to get rid of coal. She didn't say how, she did state how she was going to but coal miners in business doing something else.

I'm not a fan of coal either. I'm not a fan of nuclear power. I'm not a fan of fracking. But until you have a viable alternative that provides power and jobs, you're fooked.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Sorry

You're right, Hilarity flip flopping is the topic.

Personally, i find chunks of coal more fascinating.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

She'll switch back once the campaign is over and everyone goes back to pretending West Virginia doesn't exist.

Honestly, eliminating coal would be for the best. We have the technology to almost completely remove it without additional cost, and coal has the highest death index of any energy source in use.

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I'm not a fan of coal either. I'm not a fan of nuclear power. I'm not a fan of fracking. But until you have a viable alternative that provides power and jobs, you're fooked.

The US has the geothermal capability to supply even more power than coal currently generates, and it does so at a lower price. It just doesn't have the lobbying strength that coal does.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I think . . . that . . . generally speaking . . .

ANYONE WHO TRUSTS

the gritchy one's purported stance on anything

--before OR after any flip-flops--

Anyone trusting the gritchy one's purported stance on anything is thereby giving evidence of a terminal level media implemented lobotomy.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Now she is talking CLEAN COAL. Wonder where she got that from ? TRUMP

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The US has the geothermal capability to supply even more power than coal currently generates

Want to back that one up ? Geo-thermal . That word. The US does have Yellowstone and a couple of still active volcanoes. Do we really want to go poking the Sleeping Dragon of the Yellowstone Caldera ? From what I hear , the last time it awoke it took most of the world down. More efficiently than nuclear weapons ever could.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The only thing about the geothermal capabilities are that they are limited to the areas in which such phenomena occur:

The Geysers is the world's largest geothermal field, containing a complex of 22 geothermal power plants, drawing steam from more than 350 wells, located in the Mayacamas Mountains approximately 72 miles (116 km) north of San Francisco, California.

Wiki

Hillary flip flopping to match the audience which she is attempting to convince of her sincerity is hardly newsworthy as others have mentioned. Try to find an issue which she hasn't stood on both sides of and then we might have something astonishing to discuss.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
flip-flopping on an issue, over the years, is not a big deal for me. Positions evolve.

flip-flopping in the same campaign season, on the other hand, is pretty clearly pandering, and needs to be called out.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just more lies from the pathological liar. Nothing new here.

join