It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breastfeeding. I feel the pain of all pregnant women receiving unsolicited advice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I never made it past 6 months, so I never dealt with teeth! But I did fight thrush with 2, and it was evil. I felt bad because I never struggled with breastfeeding. Couldn't pump much extra, but it was relatively easy for me, and I quit pretty early (compared to some). But, any amount is better than nothing.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Kind of off topic, but I just got done browsing a "mom" forum, and I can't say I will ever join one of those! The women were terribly nasty to each other, there didn't appear to be any rules regarding manners and language.

Made me appreciate the snarky, off comments here- not blunt "you're a f------ b----" stuff I saw there.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
5 boys. The first one I nursed for 1 year, the second for 2, the third for 2, the fourth for 3 months, due to no thyroid being produced and being on artificial synthroid, had no milk. So for the fifth planned on bottle feeding but had switched to dessicated thyroid meds and voila, had again enough for twins. So after he was bottle fed for nearly a week as I was about to lose the ability, and in pain, just let him feed, and he knew the difference immediately. They say a baby can't switch, this kid wouldn't even take a bottle occasionally and fed for 2 years!

Most natural way to feed your baby and if average, there will be a hormone release that protects you so that the experience will feel maternal, and just overwhelming bonding and love!
edit on 2-5-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well, being a man, what do I know?

It's a woman's choice, but in my opinion what nature planned is surely best. My son was breast fed until about eight months. I had an opinion on the subject, but ultimately when, where and how was the decision of the his mother, my wife. It's her body.

However, getting the gist of the OP, it seems that while it's a woman's choice, it should be a choice based on an objective view. Certainly where I am from the advice was "breast is best", but ignorance is bliss with some people.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I chose to breastfeed all my babies, without any solicited or unsolicited advice. Whatever you choose to do for you and your child is nobody else's concern. You gotta love those people who think just because they have had a kid or too it makes them experts.
Congrats on your pregnancy, and should you seek advice on breastfeeding or anything else...there's enough of us here to help.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

That sounds so supportive and safe!...

I can't see myself buying into the Mommys Helping Mommys movements either.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Those places gag a maggot- to me at least. But when googling things I often run across some good advice. But I learned its best to turn away once you find an answer- because then things just get ugly.

I'm not much into moms groups either. I get invited, and went to one once, and it was awkward for me. So I remain a home body, occasionally meeting others that I have a real connection to, not just the common link of children:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Breast milk is so healthy for a newborn my sister in law breast feeds and my niece whois one greedy little thing, poor mum never gets a break. I saw a piece in the news that body builders pay top dollar for the stuff. I find it very strange that people get upset by it or even aroused. That's weird and averting their gaze would be far more appropriate and socially acceptable. Men getting off on breast feeding women. Should be seen as much more of a concern than a breast feeding lady.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Feed via whatever method you want, tell everyone else to just STHU in the meantime.

I will say one thing -- don't beat yourself up if you don't stick with breastfeeding. It's not a competition & nobody gets a trophy, despite how others will make you feel (count on the peer pressure -- the mommy wars are despicable)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Kind of off topic, but I just got done browsing a "mom" forum, and I can't say I will ever join one of those! The women were terribly nasty to each other, there didn't appear to be any rules regarding manners and language.

Made me appreciate the snarky, off comments here- not blunt "you're a f------ b----" stuff I saw there.

Not by chance browsing around a particular forum catering to the New Age Hippie crowd moms, was it? BTDT, they're assholes in that crowd. HUGE assholes. There really isn't any one mom forum out there that's best, they all pretty much suck for support if you're not hitting all their bullet point requirements for perfection.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I actually browse any that have info concerning my particular query. And none of them seemed welcoming. People can't keep their mouths shut when they think someone is raising their children differently. And it's not nice.

I don't know why, but I would expect a group of moms to be cordial.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join