It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Denies Saying “No Boots on the Ground” in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What does a government do when it’s caught in a flagrant lie? If you are the U.S. government, you simply tell another lie — and laugh at anyone who tries to call out your hypocrisy.

Source

Add this blunder to the list of lies Obama is so good at telling. If you think the initial rhetoric put forth has anything in common with his long-term strategy, you've unfortunately been mistaken. Or, was it Obama that was mistaken when he said, "in no event are we considering any kind of military action that would involve boots on the ground; that would involve a long-term campaign." Better make it a quickie before anybody notices the bodies piling up.

Though this reneging on stated foreign policy has become somewhat par for the course, State Department spokesman John Kirby not only missed the hypocritical move, he flatly and bafflingly denied the Obama administration’s repeated claim there would be “no boots on the ground.”

Quote of the Day: “I’m just curious if this is, like, part of some kind of devious grand strategy to say one thing and then do the complete opposite of it,” - Associated Press

“I just — I don’t see it that way,” Kirby responded. “There was never this ‘no boots on the ground.’ I don’t know where this keeps coming from.”

Pressing the point, the reporter expounded, “For months and months and months, the mantra — from the President and … everyone else in the Administration — has been ‘no boots on the ground,’ and now —”

“That is not true,” Kirby interrupted.

“What?!” the reporter exclaimed — apparently as baffled as the rest of the press, heard murmuring in similar disbelief around the room.

“It’s just not true,” Kirby persisted, appearing almost smug, leaning on the podium. “It’s just not true.”

The complete video of the exchange,

If you can't watch the videos, a list was made highlighting Obama's statements regarding the topic. He clearly states numerous times that he will NOT initiate a surge of ground troops into Syria.

What an idiot...

And that truth is written in black and white — even on the White House website, at least as far back as August 2013, when Obama stated:

"In no event are we considering any kind of military action that would involve boots on the ground; that would involve a long-term campaign."

On August 31, 2013, Obama asserted from the Rose Garden:

"After careful deliberation, I have decided that the United States should take military action against Syrian regime targets … We would not put boots on the ground."

Then, on September 10, 2013 — once again, as found in print on the White House site — he reiterated:

"First, many of you have asked, won’t this put us on a slippery slope to another war? My answer is simple: I will not put American boots on the ground in Syria."

On September 3, 2013, he again said:

"The U.S. involvement in Syria] does not involve boots on the ground."

September 9, 2013, brought the same statement from the president, in an interview with PBS Newshour:

"Tomorrow, I’ll speak to the American people. I’ll explain this is not Iraq; this is not Afghanistan; this is not even Libya. We’re talking about — not boots on the ground."

Again, Obama repeated on September 7, 2014, as the Intercept noted:

"In Syria, the boots on the ground have to be Syrian."

At the White House on February 11, 2015, reported USA Today, Obama remarked:

"The resolution we’ve submitted today does not call for the deployment of U.S. ground combat forces to Iraq or Syria."

What is the end goal? With President Bashar removed, how are you going to convince the rest of the region to embrace the change? The propaganda TV is in full effect and denial is rampant. Oh, and if we have to bomb a few hospitals that get in the way of instilling democracy, so be it. All in the name of creating another debt slave through needless bloodshed.

Hey Obama, if you like my boot up your ass, you can keep my boot up your ass!!

edit on 2-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They always say there will be no boots on ground when they intend to put boots on ground.

Read the opposite of whatever announcements they make.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What Obama meant by "no boots on the ground" was for at that time. This is now. Our President knows what he is doing.Trust him to make the best strategies for this country. After all , he has done a perfect job for 7 years now. Shame we cant elect him for 4 more.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

He is a liar. Liars lie.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
He may have issued them all sandals instead of combat boots.
The devil is in the details.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
He may have issued them all sandals instead of combat boots.
The devil is in the details.

Obama's been known to flip-flop on many issues.

edit on 2-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

The State Department needed to do the Jedi mind-wave when he said it, that's where he failed.

The US government does not hire Jedi's That much is obvious.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Is this a comedy sketch? Seriously? 'I'm not disputing the fact we have troops on the ground... And they are wearing boots'

I have no words.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He may have issued them all sandals instead of combat boots. The devil is in the details.
He may have issued them all flip-flops instead of combat boots.
The devil is in the details. there I fixed it for you . Oh and I just watched this little gem about a NGO that the State Dept. admits to giving financial support to . Seems like we are going from a little green men story to "" The White Helmets', fake 'Syrian humanitarian group, exposed as an al Qaeda support group headed by a British military man and funded by the US Government. Short documentary by Steve Ezzedine, drawing on research by Vanessa Beeley.""
Hard to say what their true mission is but I would sure question the friends they choose to hang with .

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: TinfoilTP

He may have issued them all sandals instead of combat boots. The devil is in the details.
He may have issued them all flip-flops instead of combat boots.
The devil is in the details. there I fixed it for you . Oh and I just watched this little gem about a NGO that the State Dept. admits to giving financial support to . Seems like we are going from a little green men story to "" The White Helmets', fake 'Syrian humanitarian group, exposed as an al Qaeda support group headed by a British military man and funded by the US Government. Short documentary by Steve Ezzedine, drawing on research by Vanessa Beeley.""
Hard to say what their true mission is but I would sure question the friends they choose to hang with .

It's little posts like this that still make this site worth visiting.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
While even the most naive of idiots knows full well they're talking about armies in the ground fighting a war - i do agree the wording needs to change.

advisors technically wear boots.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I very much hope that the USA keeps OUT of Syria. How dare they try to depose a legitimate leader that is President Al Assad who currently runs the country. I really do think that the USA should keep their nose out of a war they neither understand or a country they don't understand either. By all means go after ISIS, but a wholesale invasion of Syria is NOT ON AT ALL. If you want to go and fight ISIS, then join up with Russia and ask permission from President Assad to do so. How would the USA like it, if North Korea or China started putting boots on THEIR ground?!! Not a lot that's for sure.

I have had enough of the Pentagon war hawks invading everywhere. The Neocons and military industrial complex must be stopped in its tracks before we ALL get blown up.

edit on 3/5/16 by Wirral Bagpuss because: include a mising word.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I hope that you didn't hurt yourself holding in the laughter while you were typing this.

top topics

join