It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for the new Radiohead album..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Looks like it's any time now. They've removed all social media traces, their website is currently a blank page. Been too long since the last one, looking forward to something great from them

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

They may be covering this...

Possibly a connection with the "Salem witch trials" so the album will be out this month for sure, the trial ended in May 323 years ago.
"Most accounts begin with the afflictions of the girls in the Parris household in January/February 1692 and end with the last trials in May 1693"

Just guessing

edit on 2 5 2016 by Hex1an because: 323 Is the California area code.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I love those weirdos. Great marketing by an outside the box band.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have been thinking the same thing.

I have to be honest I did not love the King of Limbs album, but I saw them on that tour and those songs live are really awesome. Rare that a band sounds Better live than on an album ...

Anywho everything from them is light years beyond most other bands so I am with you on the anticipation it's definitely in the air. Can't wait to see how they will release it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The last radiohead album I bought was In Rainbows & it's easily my favorite of theirs. Have I missed many releases since then? Keep us updated on when this new one comes out!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i wonder if their 'media blackout' is a publicity stunt the execs came up with...?

i hope this album is as amazing as their last 2.
in rainbows is in my top 10 all time.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's definitely marketing to creat a buzz, and probably prove a point or be the theme of the new album.

Burn the Witch is a song they've teased the opening to live several times, and looks to be an older song. It's title is on the artwork on Hail to the Thief

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i wonder if their 'media blackout' is a publicity stunt the execs came up with...?

i hope this album is as amazing as their last 2.
in rainbows is in my top 10 all time.

I doubt the "execs" but Thom.

I mean, not only is the band site blank, all official tweets and even posts, from what I've read, on the FB page are gone.

Definitely a marketing strategy, and from what I've read concerning Yorke's dislike of streaming,,,

This is very clever and very unique. Apparently someone found something with singasongofsixpence.com which is now also blank....

Hmmm

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And burnthewitch.com is a "parked" domain.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It would be awesome if this thread turned into the #1 (number 1 not hashtag 1!!!) spot for radio head news .

I come to ATS for news before anywhere else would be awesome to come here for music news too. Certain bands have such great fan bases ... ATS ers could crack the radio head code!

To keep this thread rolling who has been blessed to see Radiohead live ? It's a rarity her in Michigan but I have managed two shows both have been amazing

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
It would be awesome if this thread turned into the #1 (number 1 not hashtag 1!!!) spot for radio head news .

lol. why didnt you just write 'number one' in the first place as opposed to immediately clarify thats what you meant by writting it instead of '# 1'

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hashtags suck!
Never had the pleasure of seeing them live, but would if I had the chance.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ha just having a laugh...was thinking the other day that the idea of that being known as the "pound" symbol may soon be going the way of the DoDo...

Anywho, Radiohead live is awesome. 2007 i spend a weekend in Chicago to suffer through lollapalooza because the headliners were radiohead, Rage against the machine, and Nine inch nails... at the time, that could not have been any better for me.

So that was awesome.
Also saw them in "Detroit" a few years back and was lucky enough to be very close on the floor.. Unforgettable.

Live at the avalon is on youtube, check it...older...but you can see why they moved away from normal rock...they had it perfected in '94
_javascript:icon('')
a reply to: odzeandennz

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

They've removed all social media traces, their website is currently a blank page.

They’ve retired.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

They've removed all social media traces, their website is currently a blank page.

They’ve retired.

dawn chorus
edit on 3 5 2016 by Hex1an because: dawn chorus

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
First new song, just released 10 minutes ago

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

That's not working, here:

Love it!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Weird, it was working for me earlier, now it's not. Thanks for reposting it. Yeah, I really like this sound, I was hoping they wouldn't keep with the skittery percussion ala King of Limbs. Glad they are still evolving

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The review of the single.

www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join