It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET, Extinct?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Is There Evidence That Ancient Aliens Existed But Are Now Extinct?

New research shows that other technologically advanced civilizations apart from our planet may have existed in our universe, but they are most likely extinct or were young to have had communication with us.

Many scientists are still reluctant to acknowledge extraterrestrial life, but researchers from the University from Rochester reveals that the probability of highly-advanced aliens is still high.

Using a simplified from of Frank Drake's Drake Equation, researchers tried to calculate the odds of the existence of life in the universe by incorporating the observations of exoplanets with habitable zones made by NASA's Kepler satellite and other planetary searches.

According to the study, published in the journal Astrobiology, other civilizations in the universe exists only if the odds of a civilization developing on a habitable planet are less than about one in 10 billion trillion, or one part in 1022.

"One in 10 billion trillion is incredibly small," said Adam Frank, professor of physics and astronomy at the University of Rochester and co-author of the paper, said in a statement.

i Dunno bout dat.

I think the Galaxy is old and far big enough for there to be Civilizations that are not just old but very ancient and more advanced when compared to us. Which, they could have survived all the pitfalls along the way we still have before us.

Still, doesn't it seem to anybody else that slowly Scientist are inching their way towards the very real possibility that ET not only exists but may be more numerous and much more advanced than we are? I imagine that there are not only many species out there but that they've known about us for some time. If not known about "us", may have rather, known that there is a planet in the "Goldilocks" zone in this solar system.

See, We with our limited technology are already detecting exoplanets that could fit the bill in distant systems. Why wouldn't it be possible for some other advanced race of beings to have detected our little pale blue marble?

Not only that, what of possible life that can not only exist but thrive outside of the narrow confines of said "Goldilocks Zone"

I'm more optimistic about ET

You?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm more optimistic about ET
You?

Discussion here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
I believe they are out there, I also believe they have been here in the past and possible even still around, and I also believe life can exist outside the "goldilocks zone" as well. may not be life as we know it during this day and age, but I believe.... apparently, haha I said it enough.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Already posted earlier.

Please direct your comments to here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join